LGBT Parenting
Options

Feel Good Friday (12/19)!

Happy Friday one and all!

Tell us what you feel good about today. Then tell us what you have planned for the weekend.

Thennnn....if you are feeling really crazy, tell us something you have never shared here before! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********

Re: Feel Good Friday (12/19)!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oy, what do I feel good about today? This is a hard one because I am feeling SO SICK today. I am doing anything I can to not throw up. I will feel good about it being 4:30pm so then I can go home and change into sweats and snuggle with the wife and pup all night!

This weekend we will be finishing up some shopping, watching our niece tomorrow night and relaxing. Not too much going on, thankfully.

Since I am new to these boards, there is lots that I have not shared before. The thing that has been on my mind, that I will share, is that I had a breast reduction 4 years ago and I have been stressing about whether or not I will be able to breastfeed. I really want to, and hope that I can, but am being realistic that there is also a very good chance I will not be able to.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Today I feel good about being productive! I was able to sweep the first floor of our house, wash all of our dishes, feed D and I two meals and get everything J needs for work for the next two days folded/ packed before noon! J works her second job both days this weekend. Since it's an hour away she will probably just crash at one of our friends places. I'm sad that she'll be gone all weekend but I hope she can get a little extra (uninterrupted) sleep. D is cutting his eye teeth so this past week has been pretty rough sleep wise. Anyway, I'm glad that I got a bunch of stuff done this morning!

Something random about myself. I love scrapbooking! If I had the time and serious dedication I would hand make all of D's baby books. Sadly, I don't have the time for it right now so shutterfly gets to make lots of money off of me! Seriously, an hour of putting together a book of milestones and photos on the shutterfly iPad app is all I can manage right now.

@healz413‌ and @Manada‌ I remember you from when I was active on the board a couple of years ago. I have everything crossed for you!
    *BFP #1-10/20/2012 EDD 7/4/2013*
    *DS 6/28/2013*
  • Options
    Congratulations @CrazyAunt84‌ !!!

A & K, married 7/1/13.

After 10 months of ttc via medicated IUIs and two early losses, we finally got our boys- Perfect premie twins born 5/27/14.

• Options
    Congratulations @CrazyAunt84‌! I remember very well how great I felt when my Masters program was done.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options

Congrats @CrazyAunt84!

@RobertJane33, OMG, Dec 24th so close.....

Passing along good energy for @healz413 and @Manada for a smooth, relaxing transfer!

@sdfonz619, good luck this weekend!

• Options
    @CrazyAunt84- I can relate about school and Grad school! Bring on the BREAK!

Happy Friday Everyone!!!

I feel great that today is the last day of school before break!!! I am looking forward to 2 full weeks off with and not seeing 1 student. I also feel great that next semester will be my absolute last semester of Grad school. And finally, I feel great that we will be going in for IUI either Sunday or Monday. 
    Waiting for my nurse to call me and tell me whether I trigger today or tomorrow is killing me. I can't imagine the TWW. 

imageTrying to Conceive Ticker
    Me: 31 DW:30 Together 10 years Married 4/20/10 *First time TTC*
                                                                                             IUI #1 12/21/14-BFN 1/4/15
  • Options
    Congrats @CrazyAunt84‌!

I was having a great day until my RE called and none of my embryos were able freeze. Out of the 8 they retrieved, minus the 2 they just put in me and the 3 they thawed. None made it :( L thinks it's because this cycle will be the one. My day got a little better because I got off work early!

L and I are currently stuck in traffic on our way to Nashville. About 7.5 more hours to go! We are spending the weekend there and going to Kelly Clarkson's Christmas concert tomorrow night! I'm excited about Nashville. I just wish we didn't have to drive :)

ME-34  DW-28
    Together since 1-2012
    Married 9-24-2013
    Started TTC with RE January 2014.
    Open donor sperm

IUI #1 (1-31-14) Clomid + HCG Trigger=BFN
    IUI #2 (2-27-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 2 weeks due to cysts. Placed on BCP
    IUI #3 (4-7-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 3 weeks due to 6 cysts. Placed on BCP

IVF#1 Lupron 10iu, Menopur 150iu, Gonal F 400iu, HCG trigger
    ER#1 (6-3-14) 9 Eggs, 8 Fertilized, 
    ET#1 (6-8-14) 2 Day 5 Blastocysts transferred
    6-20-14 BFP 12dp5dt Beta 114.9
                          15dp5dt Beta 365
    Low progesterone start PIO/Crinone
    6-23-14 Ultrasound shows no sac. Beta dropped. Chemical.
    IVF#2 Menopur 150iu, Gonal F450iu, Ganirelix, Lupron trigger
    ER#2 8-13-14 7 Eggs, 3 Fertilized and frozen
    FET scheduled for 10-11-14
    FET Canceled due to thin lining

IVF #2  Fresh Cycle Scheduled for December 2014

• Options
    @Himee33 - I'm sorry about not having anything to freeze. I hope L is right!

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

****All Welcome!****

• Options
    I've been trying to come up with a feel good all day today. It has been a rough week.

I feel good that I found an ornament for C for Christmas. She doesn't have any of her own. I have years worth as my Mom has always gotten me one every year and still does. She always gets me one that has a special meaning for that year, so usually it's connected to an event in my life from that particular year.

This summer my Uncle let C drive one of his classic cars, a '74 1/2 Mustang, to a car show. I happened to find an ornament that's pretty darn close to it, so that's what I got her.

This weekend we are finishing our Christmas shopping and wrapping. I'm debating making my cut out cookies. I don't have the energy to do it, but it's a tradition and it wouldn't feel right if I didn't.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• Options
    @StacyLH24, I feel good that you're here on this board, sharing your wisdom and experience with newbies and rooting everyone on even though I know it's probably hard for you sometimes.  I feel good that you have picked yourself up after several rough cycles to try again. >:D<

I also feel good about pizza for dinner.  Yay pizza!  :)
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ATXmommasATXmommas member
    edited December 2014
    Congrats, @crazyaunt84!  And, @Himee33 - I hope, hope, hope your wife is right!

I feel good that my boy is in a day care center with teachers who are good to him and many friends he can play with.  I also feel good that my chosen career is not teaching a room full of toddlers (bless you folks who do this for a living, seriously - I thank you and admire you).  We went to Ash's holiday party (awww!) today and it was pure crazy.  And awesome.

I feel GREAT that Baby H is on her way!  Will be stalking for updates!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I feel good that J had today and tomorrow off! With my maternity leave ending I'm cherishing all the family-unit time I can get. Last night was her work holiday party she has each year and I feel good I left S with a sitter with very little worry or fear. Or tears. :)

We are just having various visits with friends this weekend. I'm more or less ready for Xmas, maybe a few little do-dads to go.

Yay @CrazyAunt84‌ and C'mon HAYDEN!!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    @Crazyaunt84 - Congrats for graduating!!

@sdfonz619 - good luck this weekend!!

@Robertjane33 - you're going to get to meet your LOs soooo soon!!

I am grateful for the last two whole weeks with my family. All of our Christmas shopping is done!  I feel blessed by the people in our life and our amazing kids.  

Today we had a small last minute gig in the Financial District of San Francisco. EV drove me (and the boys) to pick up the lunch my business partner had dropped off earlier. 
    We spent the evening at a friends, and one of Kaden's best buddies.

Tomorrow and Sunday we have no plans - which is wonderful. We'll probably work on our terrarium gifts and wrap Kaden and Owen's presents.

• Options
    I'm late to the Feel Good party, but I want to play anyway.  

My Feel Good is that I am officially on winter break, which means lots of sitcoms and cat cuddles and Sweetie-time and alone-time. I'll try to bump a kitty pic later.  I do love my fluffy-kitties.  I also Feed Good that Sweetie and I had a long baby-related talk last night, which basically affirmed that we plan to move forward next year, and that Sweetie is on-board.  She's been tough to read, because she is NOT into babies.  Kids yes, babies no.  I am unreasonably delighted by babies.  Have been all my life.  So, she isn't excited in quite the same way I am.  We also talked (very briefly) about the possibility of asking a local friend about being a KD for us.  Having a KD would make the process simpler (and cheaper) to ease into, even if it involves some weird interpersonal dynamics (and lawyers).  Sweetie has to think more about it.

Something I haven't shared....  Um.  I dunno what I have shared.  In addition to teaching in two Special Education programs in my building, I am also a Speech and Debate coach.  We just spent two days in Wyoming at a tournament, which is why I missed this on Friday and Saturday.  I'm ready for a break from that job too.

(And bonus confession: I just spent all afternoon pinning my favorite, well-researched baby products onto a new, secret pinterest board.  Shame!  Shame!)

-----
    Impatiently waiting to TTC (2015)
    Me & Sweetie (both 27)
    Together for 7.5 years
    My uterus will house the baby
    January 2014 - I lost my right ovary and fallopian 
    tube to a 26cm tumor (non-cancerous, thankfully).  
    Symmetry is overrated, right?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"