November 2014 Moms
Options

11/9-11/16 Weekly Check-In

Feel free to change up the questions if you'd like but otherwise have fun and I hope moms and babies are all doing well!

Re: 11/9-11/16 Weekly Check-In

• Options
    Eating: still ebf & going strong
    Sleeping: I usually get at least a 4-5 hour stretch. She goes down for the night pretty late but then she's only up once per night (and sometimes she STTN for me)
    Milestones/Accomplishments: we got her to fall asleep on her own last night (not being held)! Only lasted maybe 30-45 minutes...but it's a start!
    Working on: starting some kind of schedule, if possible. First up is a bed time routine..consistent at the same time every night. I've been pretty lax so far, but work is coming up on me (too quickly) :( Also going to try putting her in her own room tonight. Ugh...
  • Options

Eating: EBF is still going well. DH is trying to give a bottle of pumped milk more often so that's nice.

Sleeping: pretty good most nights. I have a bedtime routine that includes a baby massage and yoga and he usually sleeps from 10-2/3.

Milestones: head control is getting pretty good. He says "ah-goo" a lot which makes us laugh. And he's loving his play mat and is really focusing on things.

Working on: I'm going to start to put LO down for real naps in the day. So far we've just let him fall asleep in the day and left him in his seat or wherever, but he only usually sleeps 45 minutes that way. I'm going to try to put him down like I do at night (swaddled) and see if he'll sleep a bit longer.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Eating: Still doing a combo of the breast & ready to eat formula. He has been eating smaller portions, every 2 hours or so during the day & larger portions at night
    Sleeping: Has been doing great the last few nights & has given me two 4 hour stretches. I'm starting to finally feel like i've gotten some sleep! During the day, his naps are easily 1-2 hours long. 
    Milestones: Smiling and kicking a heck of a lot now & has been really trying to push himself up on my chest and on his mat. Also, rolled over from back to belly on his play mat!
    Working on: A schedule. Have been trying to get him to bed every night at the same time, which i have found has really helped him sleep longer stretches at night. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi Mamas!

Eating: We're still doing well EBF. I have a very fast letdown, so we're both still dealing with that.

Sleeping: the past couple of nights, she's done one 4-5 hour stretch and then up every 2. She's also sleeping a TON during the day; I think she's gearing up for the 6 week growth spurt.

Milestones: I think she may have smiled at me (Tuesday)! Unfortunately it hasn't happened since.

Working on: taking a bottle... It's really starting to stress both of us out

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Eating: Still EBF. He's doing really well and gaining like a champ.

Sleeping: I usually get two 3 hours stretches followed by a 2 hour one. For 2 of the past 3 nights, he's been wide awake from 2-4, so that's been fun. At least he's happier away and not screaming. During the day, he'll take at least one 2 hour nap.

Milestones: He's smiling and cooing now, which is so fun. He loves to hold his head up and look around.

Working on: Figuring out why he's wide awake in the middle of the night. My money's on a either gas or a diaper change.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Eating: EBF is going great. She's earned the nickname 'chunky monkey'. She's eating every 2-3 hrs during the day-cluster feeding in evenings some but not as much as it was 2 weeks ago

Sleep: this kid is a rockstar. She goes for bed between 8-9 and sleeps 8 hours, waking up between 5-6. Yessssss!!!!!

Milestones: getting a few more smiles, holds her head great, cooing, and showing likes dislikes for different things like the play may

Working on: a bottle. I keep putting it off but I go back to work on jan 5 after Christmas break. She hates the pacifier so I'm a little worried she won't be a fan of the bottle
  • Options
    Sup 11/11s. Is there any update on the best baby socks? I have three important updates:
    1. Today we had our first up-the-back poop explosion and had to take a bath. We used the Puj tub in the sink and that thing is the best!!! Thank goodness the baby really likes baths. It's enjoyable for both of us.
    2. Took her first car ride to go locate the bridal shop we'll be visiting in January....aka my dream come true I'm getting married next yr.
    3. Changed her in a public restroom, big deal for me.

Weird behavioral question: sometimes when we're BFing she will pop off and shake her head, be very noisy and like play with my nipple. Does anyone else's baby do this?? Is she just messing around?
    BABY GIRL, 11-11-14 

• Options
    @ssstephanie214‌ I still hate changing diapers in public restrooms--good for you!

And Louie likes to pull off sometimes and head butt my boob/nipple. I think he's trying to trigger a let down so he gets more milk.

• Options
    dr_pr said:

@ssstephanie214‌ I still hate changing diapers in public restrooms--good for you!

And Louie likes to pull off sometimes and head butt my boob/nipple. I think he's trying to trigger a let down so he gets more milk.

Wow babies really are geniuses!
    BABY GIRL, 11-11-14 

• Options

Eating: breastfeeding most of the time, formula at 12am & 4am or whenever she wakes up during the night. I get up to pump at 3am and depending on when she ate or if she's still sleeping, I sometimes pump again at 7am. She doesn't always get enough when I BF during the day & has to get pumped breast milk or formula as a supplement.

Sleep: During the day she'll nap for about 1.5 hrs, sometimes more if I've had to supplement her with pumped breast milk or formula. After her 12am bottle she'll sleep for at least 4.5 hours, sometimes 5 or 6 hours.

Milestones: She's much more alert now, and will lay on her playmat for 10-15 mins and be entertained. She likes to move her arms and legs around and seems to be trying to roll herself over, but she's not strong enough yet. She has given us a few smiles!

Working On: I feel like a bad mother...I have no idea what we're working on! She has been more fussy during the day lately, maybe it's the 6 wk growth spurt? Trying to soothe her can be impossible at times.
  • Options
    @amandajay2013‌ I'm so sorry :( I completely understand where you are coming from though. It seems like my DH expects everything except his job to be my responsibility. I do everything around the house daily, take care of the kids, & then he comes home &...well...I'm still taking care of the kids. I came to my breaking point 2 nights ago & pretty much let it all fly. I love my girls...& I will care for them 24/7 no problem...but is it too much to ask for even some housework help? But "I'm off of work & he's not". Ugh...men
  • Options
    Hey everyone, glad to have this check in!

Age - 5 weeks 2 days

Eating - EBF still and @amandajay2013 my LO also has a shallow latch so it's painful for me still too. He's gaining well though and it's improved enough that it's manageable so we'll keep going. Introducing a bottle today.

Sleep - 2 nights ago he was eating every 2 hours after a couple of weeks of sleeping/eating in 2.5-4 hour stretches but last night was better again, 1 4 hour stretch with the rest 2-3 hours.

Milestones - he's doing so much now it's amazing how fast they grow. He smiles and coos and sometimes we can get him to do both at the same time and we call it laughing! He also reaches out for objects and sometimes bats at them. He notices images in some books too.

Working on - we're setting up the monitor this weekend so that I can start to put him down in his crib for a nap once a day to get him used to it. Also bottle feeding.

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• Options
    @amandajay2013 I'm so sorry your H is being kind of a jerk. It's definitely not fair that you have to do everything, and he needs to step up. "Just got to sleep" is a ridiculous excuse for not helping, and I'd be tempted to use it back on him if LO wakes you during your REM sleep. Lots of hugs to you and @lovingaddi.

• Options
    Question for you ladies...how often and for how long do you have quiet alert time?

I know this is the time I'm supposed to be doing fun/engaging things with her, but for us we get maybe 10 minutes a day total. The rest of the time she's sleeping, eating, or fussy!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @crizz13‌ we get about 15 minutes after each feeding before he starts fussing. That much is pretty new for us, though, and depends on how cranky he's feeling that day and how much we're interacting. I'd say yours is doing fine in my non-expert opinion!

• Options
    @crizz13 we get 5-30 minutes after eating and digesting but before fussy time, depends on the time of day!

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• Options
    @amandajay2013‌ my LO has a shallow latch, even after having her tongue tie fixed. I use a nipple shield every time I feed her. I've tried to feed her without it, but as you said - its too painful and we both end up in tears. She can't latch effectively without the shield, so I keep using it. There's nothing wrong with doing what you need to do for your comfort and sanity!
  • Options
    @amandajay2013‌ I can't get our LO to sleep anywhere but in our arms either. Randomly he'll take a nap in his crib in the afternoon for an hour and will sleep in the swing for 20 min tops until he realizes he's not on someone/in someone's arms. You're not alone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"