1st Trimester
Options

was told I mc.... but actually pregnant? warning:: long read!

this month has been brutal... let me start off by saying that hubby and i started trying for our 2nd baby in october. conceiving our first was very easy so we expected it to be the same. october came and left with a ton of negatives and a period. then november arrived and I felt great about our chances, that is until I wasn't getting a period, but was also testing negative at 5 days late. Then finally I got my BFP, but all were very faint. So my midwife ordered bloodwork, but the night before my appt I started bleeding. when my results came back with low HCG, she told me I was miscarrying very early. I was devastated! this was last week! With the support of my family I felt fine within a few days and was optimistic about our chances this month. Started with OPKS and got a positive the DAY AFTER i stopped bleeding! 6 days later (today) I still had ewcm and crampy so I thought what the heck ill take another OPK to see (I have the digital smiley face ones) and it was positive! ovulating still after 6 days? makes no sense! after reading online, a lot of people said to take a HPT because the OPK and HPT hormones are almost identical. so I tested and dark dark dark lines immediately showed... and apparently I'm almost 6 weeks pregnant. Shocked doesn't even begin to describe what I'm feeling. and now I have to explain this whole crazy story to my family!! testing early is a double edged sword!!! 

Re: was told I mc.... but actually pregnant? warning:: long read!

• Options
    Oh wow, well congrats!
  • Options
    I'm calling my midwife tomorrow for bloodwork, bc im definitely not completely convinced. But my hcg on my last bloodwork was only a 4, Not even enough to get a positive. I'm a bag of mixed emotions lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm thinking maybe twins? And you lost 1. You can definitely get a positive after a miscarriage but it wouldn't be darker after miscarriage it would get lighter. Sounds like you're for sure pregnant
  • Options
    I got pregnant like 14 days after my miscarraige it definitely possible. Good luck!
  • Options
    Re: positive HPT after miscarriage. I was getting dark lines after my miscarriages. HCG takes a while to leave the body.

I'm sorry you are going through this.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"