TTC After a Loss
Options

Ponies (AKA - why you shouldn't intro in the 2ww) Gif story

mflowers929mflowers929 member
edited December 2014 in TTC After a Loss
I hope it's okay that I'm writing this. If It's not, lemme know and I'll give ya'll a XXX ;)

There seems to be a lot of ladies introing in the two week wait (the time between ovulating and when your period is due, when you may get pregnant).
I just wanted to take a minute to explain why this is so severely frowned upon, and maybe encourage some newbies to lurk until they get AF or move on.
And since it's so close to Christmas, I thought "what better than using every little girls dream wish?" 

Let's just say that you REALLY want a pony.

Maybe you've wanted a pony since you were a little girl. Maybe you've just recently met someone who really wants a pony and has changed your mind about wanting a pony. Whatever.
You know that you might not be able to get a pony for a long long time. So in the meantime, you join an online forum on ponies.com entitled "Waiting for a pony".

You're there for a while, and you get to know and bond with all these other awesome people who also want and are waiting for their pony. You go through the good times and the bad with them.

Sometimes, someone has to say "I've given it a lot of thought, and I'm just not going to be able to wait for my pony to come any more." Those days are heartbreaking for everyone in the group.

And then, one day, someone joins your forum. They're super excited and say to you as they introduce themselves "I might have a pony coming in a few weeks! But I can chill here in the meantime, right?"

They chill out in "Waiting for a pony" for a few weeks, contribute a little here and there, and then all of a sudden they have their pony, and they move over to "Super fun pony times!". Meanwhile, you, who have been on "Waiting for a pony" for months or years, is left there, still waiting for your pony to come. 

And that is why people who intro in the two week wait make a lot of us want to do this:

In conclusion - you're better off not doing it. Sit on your hands, take up crocheting, cuddle your furbaby. Whatever it takes to wait it out until you know whether you'll be staying with us for more than a couple of weeks. And if you really must intro in your two week wait and end up one of the lucky ones who gets a BFP, move along quietly to keep from hurting a lot of ladies.

And P.S. I hope this makes sense. I'm writing after 4 hours of sleep, working a 12 hour day, and then spending 3 hours in a hot tub.
Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
F born June 2018
W born September 2020
#3 due November 2022

Re: Ponies (AKA - why you shouldn't intro in the 2ww) Gif story

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @meredithcarole - good point
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    I like the GIF story and the analogy. I think the better point might be "enter cautiously in your 2ww." If you say "hi" and get a + a week later, go off quietly into the sunset, no harm no foul. If you think you might be KU, wait a few days to know for sure.

ETA punctuation.
    Absolutely this. We get that you may really need support in those 2 weeks, but you can do it without being so 'in your face' about it. And, you CAN exit quietly.
    I updated my "in conclusion". I hope it's more along the lines of what you were thinking =)
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    Love this analogy!

Me-27 DH-29

TTC#1 January 2013

BFP February 27th 2014, MMC ended in D&C

Working on our rainbow!

Curious about my ute?

• Options
  • Options
    Damn, now I really want a pony. ;)

Nice work @mflowers929. :)
    Me: 31     DH: 33
    Dx: Me: Recurrent Pregnancy Loss; DH: Low Morphology (2%)
    BFP#1: MC 3/1/11 at 6w1d - EDD 10/21/11
    BFP#2: 5/3/11 - EDD 1/9/12 - DD Born 1/6/12
    TTC #2 since 12/13
    BFP#3: MC 2/8/14 at 4w5d - EDD 10/13/14
    BFP#4: MC 5/6/14 at 4w4d - EDD 1/9/15
    BFP#5: MMC discovered 8/4/14 at 9w1d - D&C 8/5/14 - Baby Boy with Trisomy 16 (maternal origin) - EDD 3/8/15
    BFP#6: CP 11/6/14 at 4w2d - EDD 7/14/15
    IVF #1 with ICSI & PGS: May/June 2015, ER 6/3/15, 17R/17M/15F
    IVF #2 with ICSI & PGS: July 2015, ER 7/16/15, 16R/11M/9F
    PGS results = 6 normal embryos (4 boys, 2 girls)
    FET 9/23/15 = BFFN
    Natural FET 11/4/15 = BFP!
    Beta 9dp5dt = 92

• Options
    Awesome job lady! 
    :-bd
    TTC #3 since 8/2012 image
    DX Endometriosis 2/2002 (lost left tube due to a cyst), PCOS
    6/2010
     BFP - 10/18/2012, EDD - 6/26/2013, Baby Girl lost at 22 weeks (T21), D&E 2/15/2013
    BFP - 4/23/2014, EDD - 1/2/2015 Twin Boys lost at 12 weeks, M/C 6/25/2014

My chart here  All ALers welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    June 3Missing Our January Snowflake
  • Options
    Love this :) Great job. I don't usually get upset with people when they intro in the TWW (by upset I mean I usually don't post about it. I do, however, bitch to my friends/DH) There are bound to be days where it rubs certain people the wrong way more than others (yesterday was my day).  <3 ((hugs)) to everyone who has been hurt lately with the weirdness going on! 
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I was working on a cake last night and trying not to think about it, but it ended up being all I was thinking about and I "oh what the hell"d it
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    Wait I want a pony ;)

***TTCAL January siggy challenge ***
  • Options
    This is awesome!
                                                                                              BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • Options
    This is pretty awesome, thank you @mflowers929
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"