Pregnant after 35

Weekly Check-In 12/19

1. Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. Age at delivery? (optional)

3. Any other children? Furbabies?

4. How are you feeling?

5. Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves?

QOTW:  What are your Christmas/holiday plans?  Do you have any favorite foods/traditions/music?  Are you looking forward to the event?  Any special presents?
(Apologies to those who participate in TTC>35 grad check-ins for the overlap in QOTW).

Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!  Please take pics to share in separate thread.

Re: Weekly Check-In 12/19

• Loading the player...
  • @mdogan29 my belly button was really hurting too. Not sure I like all these changes my body is going through lol. I have no idea what BH feels like. I'm so clueless.

Yay for passing GD test! They said I was anemic too and put me on some slow release iron pill. I feel like I have an elephant sitting on me. Oh and ham is yummy...i say yuck to the turkey ;)

@mandyreads‌ boo for a cold!!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• @Samuelismomma your so close! Sorry about YH being difficult. Hugs my friend...

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• @mdogan29‌ I read somewhere that the muscles around the belly button are weaker than surrounding areas. So, when everything stretches out, that part can be particularly sensitive. Hope it gets better soon!

@hikerlady‌ what was your impression of the hypnobirthing class? Do you think it'll work for you?
  • @supersarah77 How great that you have a musical family! I hope they'll all keep you mind of your SPD, but also that you are taking it easy -- no need to feel bad about slowing down! Congratulations on the all-clear on the anatomy scan and on having a boy! (Me too - and a bit terrified of all the high energy behavior I keep hearing about!)
  • 1. Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby?
    8/3/15, just about 8wks, almost a raspberry

2. Age at delivery? (optional)

3. Any other children? Furbabies?
    18 year old daughter in college and 15 year old cat

4. How are you feeling?
    Feeling surprised by everything.  Worried, scared, elated, cautious.  Whole world is changing and only hubby (not quite we've been planning our wedding for over a year we say I do in two weeks) knows. So this board is great.

5. Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves?
    U/S went well we heard the heartbeat and looked at the images again last night.  Only complaint is this cold.  I have been stuffy and runny for the past few days.

QOTW:  What are your Christmas/holiday plans?  
    Family will be here for the holidays so we are planning to keep quiet but me not drinking may let the cat out the bag.
  • 1. EDD- 8/26/15
    2. Age at Delivery-46
    3. Children/pets- I have 2 sons, age 22 and 1 year. We have a 9yo Beagle.
    4. Feeling ok so far. Kind of nervous, and so,very thankful that our FET worked again on the first try. We do worry about possibility of twins, even though we only transferred one embryo. Our good friends transferred 2 embryos, one split, and they have triplets. I'm not sure we could do 3 children under 2. Will feel better after 1st u/s.
    5. Just had Beta #2 drawn, strong 1st Beta on Monday gives me confidence.
    QOTW- I have to work Christmas Eve. Will spend evening at my Aunt's home (only time all year I see my cousins). Christmas Day will be brunch at my moms and dinner with DH mom.
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • I think it is so wild seeing due dates in Aug on here. But it makes me smile. Congrats to all our new ladies.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • 1. Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby? March 31. 26 weeks. A head of lettuce...or an english cucumber...or a papaya.  These apps and the comparisons make me giggle.

2. Age at delivery? 38

3. Any other children? Furbabies? 1 cat.  I think he's started to suspect something is going on...

4. How are you feeling?  Alright.  MS for me has still be occasional, but at least it mostly stopped around week 20.  Clothes are horrible, and I feel like an enormous, self-conscious cow...and I still have quite a ways to go!

5. Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves?  We have an appointment in a couple of weeks.  We're pretty mellow about everything, even being first time parents.  Working with researchers in reproduction and infertility, I'm not really surprised by a lot and not phased by a lot, so I wonder if the midwife thinks there's something wrong with us because we never have questions.

I do have the glucose test soon, which I am really not looking forward to.  There's a new one coming on the market that is cheaper and more accurate - but it's not available yet.  To that end, it sucks working with researchers in the area because they'll give me all the info about how the current system is somewhat flawed, and it just makes me more apprehensive.  Thanks, dudes. - reallllly appreciate it.

QOTW:  
    We had a holiday celebration with my family a week and a half ago, and I thought it was kind of nice doing that.  We hosted it at our house, so the house was decorated completely early and it was a fairly simple and delightful meal and time...and now we can just enjoy the rest of the holidays fairly peacefully.  The special present for me was the birthday gift of a new DSLR camera - which my husband knew I wanted with our first baby on the way.  Sadly, he has also decided we don't need to go to a photographer for photos - I'll take them.  It hasn't apparently occurred to him that it's hard to have family photos together when I'm the one to take them and he never takes any.  Ugh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"