Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Low Energy 3 year old

I kind of worry about my little guy because he seems a lot less energetic than most kids.  I mean he doesn't run around and jump and scream and climb and that kind of crazy stuff.  Literally if I would hold him all day and read book after book after book he'd be content.  That's all he seems to want to do all day.   Now in the summer my dh and I like to hike and he LOVES hiking and will go forever.  He loves playground and bounce house places stuff like that.  But day to day at home he just likes to sit and read.  Even when I tell I need to do stuff, he'll just lay forever and look at the pictures or tell his brother the story.  When he plays toys he just plays nice quiet little games.  He likes to follow me around and help all day too.  Just curious if anyone else has a kid like this?  We go to a toddler time group and they do songs with motions and what not he just kind of stares at the teacher like wtf you really expect me to do that?  I try to put on music and dance or get him to crawl around and me silly and stuff, but he just blows me off like I'm being ridiculous.     Any tips might help to get us through winter without him being a couch potato. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Low Energy 3 year old

• Options
    Some kinds are just kind of laid back and chilled. My DD was that way until she hit about 5. She would spread her books around and sit quietly in her room playing independently. She actually dislikes loud noise and prefers quiet activities. Now that she is in K she is getting more rowdy and loud, but I think it's because she is around more kids than the 10 she was with in preschool. Now my DS, he's a whole different story.
    Have you mentioned your concerns to your pedi? Maybe they can check his iron levels for anemia?
    imageimage
  • Options
    I second getting him checked for anemia. My DS was almost lethargic, but still couldn't resist a few physical activities such as the bouncy house, etc. Since his iron level has improved, his energy seems much more comparable to his peers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"