December 2014 Moms
Options

stinging belly

OUmed2009OUmed2009 member
edited December 2014 in December 2014 Moms
I am 39 weeks tomorrow...and i have this stinging in my lower belly. Anyone else have this? I otherwise feel relatively well-no BH, minimal back pain, minimal swelling. I've had no signs of early labor outside of nesting, but this sore belly is enough to drive me batty. I feel blessed that this is my largest complaint and hope nobody who feels miserable comes at me with pitchforks. Im just curious if anyone has this sensation at this point in pregnancy. It could also be described as feeling similarly to having a bruised area. I wonder if my uterus is just damned tired of carrying this kid. :-)
Good luck to all the D14 mamas!

Re: stinging belly

• Options
    I've had some stinging in my hip areas when lying on my sides, which I've assumed is just skin stretching. Sometimes it kind of burns, and other times it almost crawls. For me, it's clearly external, so nothing I'm concerned with, but feels pretty odd!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Definitely ask your doctor, But out of curiosity is it the skin on your lower belly? Or something else? Because if it's the skin it sounds like the beginning of stretch marks.

Definitely on my lower belly. Stretch marks appeared there about 1.5 weeks ago. Makes sense. Had been curious if anyone else felt the stinging. Im not concerned that it means anything adverse - its mostly just an annoyance, you know? It goes away when i sit or lay down. Must just be the pressure of gravity. :-\
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, so much for that concern.
    Sitting in the hospital bed with a pitocin drip. My water broke a couple hours after my original post!
  • Options
    Well good luck and hope the stinging skin stops now ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"