Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

Gift ideas for dad-to-be?

Hello! I'm newly pregnant after trying for almost a year with my husband. He has been so strong, supportive, and loving throughout this whole process. I feel like already all of the focus is on me, and would like to do something nice for him as well. I was wondering if any of you have had any exceptional gifts from  your SO's?

Re: Gift ideas for dad-to-be?

• Options

This actually hasn't been asked in a while, but if you dig deep in the history you'll find some similar questions with lots of suggestions.

My wife gave me a couple dad-to-be books that I got absolutely nothing out of. I've suggested a picture frame for his desk if he has a desk job.

Most ideas involve his hobbies. Get him something to go towards his hobbies because he'll most likely have to cut back once your little one arrives.

Another answer is nothing. The baby is enough for most guys. I would always rather spend money on my kids than on myself given the choice. Saying that you could buy baby clothes geared towards the things he likes (sports team, daddy's boy/girl). A toy that you can see him liking to play with them with.

That's all I got.

• Options

I'm sorry, I'd looked back a few pages and hadn't seen anything. I will definitely go dig up now.

These are great suggestions! MY husband is a lot like you- would rather buy for the baby or me than himself, which is why I wanted to do something nice for him.

Thank you for your response!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Ohh, have you two discussed going on a babymoon? My wife and I went to a bed and breakfast for a few nights and it was fun. That's a present for the both of you and one you won't forget.

No need to apologize either. They're really far back, I only wanted to make you aware they existed if you didn't get what you needed.

• Options

Congrats! Wishing you all the best. My wife gave me an abstract rock statue that looks like a parent and child in an embrace. I don't like putting personal pictures up in my office, so the statue was a great way for me to show off that I was a proud dad.

That is so sweet! I understand not wanting personal pictures up- I'm a Special Education teacher at a school for teens with behavioral issues, so it's best for me to not have personal photos. Unfortunately, my husband is a farmer, so he doesn't have a desk for me to put anything on

polooo27 said:

Ohh, have you two discussed going on a babymoon? My wife and I went to a bed and breakfast for a few nights and it was fun. That's a present for the both of you and one you won't forget.

No need to apologize either. They're really far back, I only wanted to make you aware they existed if you didn't get what you needed.

A babymoon sounds like a great idea! We were kind of talking about going on a mini vacation for New Years, that way we aren't around all of our friends wondering why I'm not drinking. I may plan a surprise one for our birthdays in June though, as a last hurrah!

• Options
    I got my husband a nice Eddie Bauer bag that he can use as a manly diaper bag, when needed, and I filled with things for him for baby and the hospital- his favorite snacks, travel toiletries, travel wipes, hand sanitizer, new sweats, Dads Root Beer
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"