April 2014 Moms
Options

Diaper changes turned battle

For the last week or so my LO has been impossible to change. As soon as I lay her on her back, she starts to whine and twist until she flips over. If I turn her back and don't let her flip again, she escalates into full crying for the entire change. She is not newly able to roll. She does this regardless of a full/empty stomach, if she is about to nap or just woke up, early or late in the day. Giving her something to hold on to helps for a while, sometimes. She does the same thing if I just lay her down to put socks on or something, so I don't think it's really diaper related. She is perfectly happy once she is on all fours or standing, so I don't think she is in pain. But I am getting really frustrated! All the squirming and crying makes it so much harder and take so much longer. Is this just a phase that I have to wait out? 

Re: Diaper changes turned battle

• Options
    My LO does the same thing she gets mad like I'm doing something horrible
    Luciana I'm just changing your diaper .
    that happened to my first son too.
  • Options
    Pretty much.  He wants his freedom.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS never wants to be on his back now that he is mobile, he does a backbend and fusses. I give him a toy or the buckle to chew on to get thru it.
  • Options
    I usually give him the wipes to crinkle and it distracts him enough to lay still. Changing his clothes is the worst as well!
  • Options
    I have to give C her lotion bottle or a wipe. If I try to give a toy she wants nothing to do with it. You're not alone, and there's definitely nothing wrong with your baby. They just want to be FREEE!
  • Options
    Yep, I have to give LO the tube of diaper cream to keep her occupied or she wants nothing to do with changing

Photobucket imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Same going on here. The worst are poopy diapers!

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/69/1a18c2e7532600b237c0ccef11ba85.jpeg

Proud Mommy of Derek Michael

April 8, 2014 9lb 6oz 21 inches

• Options
    Related: how do you wash LO's hands after an... interactive... diaper change?  I feel like by the time I've finished diapering and hauled him to the bathroom, he's already touched a million things.  I mean, I wipe it off with a wipe ASAP, but we just use water on our wipes and I don't feel that's enough.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In reference to hand cleaning, I clean her hand with a wipe and then soap it up in the sink afterwards if necessary. She definitely likes that part. :D
  • Options
    My LO has been fighting diaper and clothing changes for a long time now. I can usually distract her with a toy that is specifically used for diaper changes.
  • Options
    We got the Hulabye Happy Changer for DS and will probably be putting it on for DD soon.  It is a lifesaver!

Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options
    Yep horrible worst part of the day for both of us it seems....
  • Options
    Oh I feel everyone. It's awful! He hates it!! Trying to learn to put a diaper on a baby on the move is so hard!
  • Options
    My started this as well about a month ago, however I've learned a trick...I give him his bottle on the changing table for most of them since that is typically when I change him.  He can hold his own bottle so its a GREAT distraction.  Otherwise I literally have to get my husband to hold the top half of him, or change him on the floor and put my leg over his chest.  I learned that one from a mom I babysit for when her son was doing this last year.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    smushismushi member
    edited December 2014
    We have had this going on for the last 3 weeks.  We have to give J something for his hands (a rattling toy etc) or on the changing table something hanging from the ceiling he can reach or try to reach) to keep him facing up.  Otherwise, he immediately wants to flop over.

It's a struggle either way.  I hear we get to look forward to this for awhile :)

@tlp2558 LO loves to check on his Saline Drop bottle.  I typically hand that to him when he reaches for it.
  • Options
    Same but add in hands go straight for the pee-pee especially when poopy. Then the flip annnnd now there is a mess. Awesome. Distraction. Every change I try to give him something else he hasn't played with. The nail clippers, snot sucker, a marker with the cap on... I'm running out of new fun things that mama never let's me play with other than on the changing table.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"