Adoption
Options

11 days! - update: question added

olp920olp920 member
edited December 2014 in Adoption
Just got a call from our case worker for our first foster placement. A little boy who is 2 months younger than our son is coming our way in a week and a half. Supposedly his case is being transferred to the adoption unit and they are hoping we want to adopt him. I know this is all a big MAYBE until it happens, but I am so excited to meet him! UPDATE: when the case worker drops him here, what should we do? He's only 2. Should we have our son here to introduce? Or just me and DH for a few hours? I will have a week off of work with him, but I think we should just hang low at home right?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 11 days! - update: question added

• Options
    Also, I don't really know what to do with myself for the next 11 days!
  • Options
    Congrats! Hope you find a way to keep busy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh Congrats!!!  That is so very exciting!!!  What a nice surprise just after Christmas!!  I can't imagine how challenging the wait must be!  Keep us posted.

************Siggy warning, LO & loss***************

Me 37 - DH 37 unexplained infertility
    DS born 09/99
    TTC since 2010
    12/11 BFP - ectopic, received methotrexate, benched 4 months 
    08/14 - exploring fertility options

Tubes clear, SA for DH all clear
    10/14- #1 IUI (femera/ovadril/progesterone), 2 follicles 22/17, post wash count 94 million BFN

10/14 - #2 IUI (Femera/ovidrel/progesterone ), 2 follies 19/20, post wash 111 million, BFN Dec 2014 Femera BFFN Taking a break to explore foster to adopt!

• Options
    I will def start reading books and talking to him about it. of course, I have casually and non-specifically been mentioning the idea of a baby to him, and he does understand the concept of 'baby', but this will be a boy his own age. I should have been more careful about my explanation of him becoming a brother, haha.
  • Options
    That's exciting, congratulations!
  • Options
    Great news!
  • Options
    That is so exciting! Congrats!
  • Options
    Congratulations!!  I would not know what to do with myself for 11 days either.  How exciting!!  Good luck to you and your family!
  • Options
    Congrats!
    Birthmom to A, 1/8- the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao-Tzu

• Options
    Ooh, how exciting. Keep us posted!
    10/27/07
  • Options
    Hopefully you're able to update us! How did you end up meeting him? Just thou and DH or with DS? I hope everything is going really well!!

• Options

Hopefully you're able to update us! How did you end up meeting him? Just thou and DH or with DS? I hope everything is going really well!!

He's coming on Monday. 2 days! It's been the longest week ever... His room looks awesome and his closet is stocked. We are ready, kind of.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"