March 2014 Moms
Options

UO Thursday?

It is Thursday, right?

I need something to read.

Re: UO Thursday?

• Options
    @NewMomma8‌

I agree that most things do not impact most people.
    I don't care about your (general you) religion. I don't care about your clothing, make up or tattoos. They do not impact the way you and I interact. I don't care if you went to college, university or didn't finish high school.

However, I think businesses have a right to determine dress code. They also have a right to ensure that their employees can communicate with other staff/customers appropriately.

Oh, and if you're Muslim and its Ramadan, please don't say you'll have breakfast with me then sit not eating. ;) (actually happened at a business meeting) we can schedule a meeting at a non-meal time. Lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jsmath - i love Christmas cards, too!  I'm behind in getting them out so they might be "New Year" (instead of Christmas) cards this year...  But yes, we've gotten fewer and fewer it seems.  This year I think we've gotten six so far?  Two of them are from friends our age, the rest is older family.  Everyday I've been checking the mail hoping for more cards....  Boo!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @linzerd‌
    I almost fired someone (actually 4 people) because of stuff posted on Facebook.
    1. Guy complained about management and location a few times. (He either blocked all coworkers or stopped bitching)
    2. Another guy made fun of company name and implied all the women were 'easy'. My bosses heard about that one. They were unimpressed.
    3. A woman called in sick claiming she was going to the doctor. I knew from Facebook that she was actually out of town at a concert because she announced it on Facebook.
    4. A younger female took a pic on-site of another employee then posted it on FB with a joke-like comment. He was not amused. My client called me directly when they found out.
    ** all of them received verbal warnings.

The lady who had my job before actually did fire a couple people for stuff they posted, but I don't know what they said.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I hate sending Christmas cards, or postal mail in general. I don't do it unless I absolutely have to. (The only reason we've sent Christmas cards the last few years is because DH insisted we do it.) They usually don't get out until sometime between Christmas and New Years.

I agree about never complaining about your employer on FB. I never posted ANYTHING about my job on FB. I have a friend who is always talking about her job on FB, and then keeps getting laid off, and then complaining about the company who laid her off. She isn't a close friend, but once I even messaged her and said as nicely as I could ("Hey, maybe you want to stop posting about your jobs on FB since employers look at that kind of thing."). I never got a response and she still does it *sigh*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm surprised yall don't get Christmas cards. I get so many! I haven't done mine yet though. I think they'll end up being New Years cards.
  • Options
    @SurpriseAt39‌ & @bennieangel‌ It wasn't about the place I worked, what I posted. I googled a customer and found an article about her.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Christmas cards happen here.
    Everyone in my family gives them. So I do too. ...when I remember.

They are not mailed. They are hand delivered when we get together at Christmas.

The only cards I get in the mail are from our local politician.
  • Options
    I did picture/Christmas cards when my older boys were younger, and I stopped several years ago.. Freaking postage is way to expensive.  I guess I'm cheap!  I post updates on facebook and I don't care to send to 5,154215 people the way I did in the past.  I've received 3 cards so far and years ago it would have numbered over 50 so I see I am not the only one that prefers to save on postage
  • Options
    I don't like any of the "parts" from inside of the turkey that commonly get cooked in the dressing/stuffing/whatever

(My grandma was here when I prepared my turkey and thank gosh because Dh and j had no idea there was a neck still in there we thought everything was in the bag we pulled out)
  • Options
    @babycaps‌
    We used to raise chickens and my mother loved the 'interesting' bits, and since we slaughtered our own....she got what she wanted.

She also loved cow's tongue. Ewww.
  • Options
    I really want to try tongue! They always have them where I go shopping but I haven't been brave enough yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    babycaps said:

I love eating chicken hearts!!! I don't know why they are so hard to find in the US!!

Only ever had them at a Brazilian restaurant and I can't say I loved them. I felt like they had a chewy jerky texture?
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Why not @babycaps‌? *bets she could cook baby caps acceptable tongue*
  • Options

Why not @babycaps‌? *bets she could cook baby caps acceptable tongue*

@pepperedmoth‌
    I never liked tongue when my mom made it.
    However, I will say, my mother always thoroughly cooked all meat to well done...or beyond.
    When I moved out I learned that meat could be eaten less that the state of leather. She also only ever seasoned meat with salt & pepper.
    I've given a lot of foods another chance just because of the way they were prepared and served growing up, but I'm not sure tongue will make it on the list.
    Fwiw, I don't even know anyone that still eats tongue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"