December 2014 Moms

Prodromal labor?

I searched but didn't see anything in our Dec. board so if it's been talked about before I apologize and feel free to include a link if you know it's been discussed before.

Anyone else experiencing this? I'm not sure if I am but I've been having contractions during the night all week which I chalked up to BH.  Last nights contractions were different.  They woke me up and were painful.  They were five minutes apart for two hours but didn't get any closer together or more intense and then just stopped.  I had an appointment today and am still at 1cm.  I'm 6 days past due which isn't a lot I guess but I thought these contractions were supposed to help you dilate.  I'm having more painful contractions today but they aren't timeable.  I'm not even sure what this post is about, I just feel like my uterus is playing mind games on me.  Anyone else?
It's a GIRL!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Prodromal labor?

• I have had this for a while now. Been at 3cm for a looong time. It is quite a mindfuck. I just basically ignore my body now and hope my water will break or I "will know" as they say. I just keep an eye (feel?) Out for LO's activity level.
    *********************************************BIG SIG************************************************
    FTM PgAL  IT'S A GIRL!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have had this for a while now. Been at 3cm for a looong time. It is quite a mindfuck. I just basically ignore my body now and hope my water will break or I "will know" as they say. I just keep an eye (feel?) Out for LO's activity level.

This. I'm doing the exact same thing. This is a TMI but I was coughing/puking this morning I peed myself but the way it came out I swore my water was breaking it was like I turned on a fire hose.
  • Loading the player...
  • I thought for sure how painful they were that it was real.  I'm hoping my water breaks too so I'll know for sure.  I don't want to wait too long before going to the hospital, but I don't want to go and be sent home all the time either.  Bleh.  Either way she's being evicted by Tuesday!
    It's a GIRL!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am in the same boat, 38+3. It's definately a roller coaster of anticipation and emotion but I'm not overdue so I guess I'll know when I know!

This. Especially the "mindfuck" part. I have lost my MP, had slight bloody show, I am contracting but there is no pattern. Some times it's 7min, other times it's an hour apart. Sometimes they are very painful. Sometimes just slightly crampy. Im just sitting here like WHAT THE FUCK BODY?!? Let's figure this shit out Mmmkay?

But...
    I am truely greatfull. LO is healthy and doing well. He has plenty of fluid to float in and his heart beat is strong. I am healthy and have no complications so I need to hush up and just try to be patient.

imageimageimageimage
    November Siggy Challenge: How I feel in the Third Trimester 
            image   image   image
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • @MissChristineMarie This is probably TMI, but I thought I was having the bloody show after I went #1 and #2 because there was blood in the toilet water, but when I wiped I noticed it was coming from my butt from my hemorrhoids... gross.  I also feel the same way about being ready or not.  When I was having bad contractions last night I was like omg this is it, I can't do this.  Then they stopped and I was pissed lol. The finish line is such a roller coaster.
    It's a GIRL!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • designchicadesignchica member
    edited December 2014
    I am experiencing this as well. Had contractions and period like cramping for a solid 18 hours on Friday night/Saturday and then again for the past 24 hours. (We'd night through Thursday)I was unable to do anything today and spent the day in bed w a heating pad. I have endometriosis and the cramping I feel in my pelvic area now is very similar to pain I experience with the endometriosis. A pinching stabbing pain directly above my vagina. Like someone is making a fist and squeezing something down there....is it my bladder, uterus, cervix?? I honestly cannot tell but it doesn't feel good. The pain in my lower back is identical to the feeling I get when I start my period. Dull, heavy, achy feeling. Manageable with heat. I am also having painless braxton hicks throughout this. Very little sleep on these two nights I've had this. Only an hour here and there.
  • Yep, I'm in this club too. It's only been 3 days, but it's so frustrating and discouraging. It's not so much the pain that bothers me as the not knowing when it's going to end or progress to actual active labour. At least my mind and body are getting some practice. And I'm thankful that LO is getting lots of cooking time.
  • Oh , this is me. I've been having contractions down to two minutes apart since 36 1/2 weeks, and am due Sunday. I'm still only dilated to 2cm, and have lost my plug. They are talking about breaking my water after Christmas if he isn't here by then.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Looks like we're all starring in different versions of the same show. I'm 38weeks, 3 centimeters dilated (two weeks ago I was 2, last week I was 2.5), no effacement to my cervix, baby is head down but hasn't started his decent into the pelvis...this morning they were so bad they woke me up and then vanished in thin air. Not to mention I'm still stuck waddling about at work because my company denies FMLA if you don't qualify for STD.
    Three letters, F-M-L! #PityPartyTableOfOne
  • Looks like we're all starring in different versions of the same show. I'm 38weeks, 3 centimeters dilated (two weeks ago I was 2, last week I was 2.5), no effacement to my cervix, baby is head down but hasn't started his decent into the pelvis...this morning they were so bad they woke me up and then vanished in thin air. Not to mention I'm still stuck waddling about at work because my company denies FMLA if you don't qualify for STD. Three letters, F-M-L! #PityPartyTableOfOne
    wow is that legal? Have you looked into it?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"