February 2015 Moms
Options

STMs What is your LO's must have Christmas gift?

So I finally got around to wrapping some gifts and placed them under the tree yesterday. DD wasted no time in going over a teliing me what she believes is in each of the boxes. Apparently, all she wants for Christmas is a set of Disney Magiclip dolls (which we got for her).

What are your LO's hoping to find under the tree this year?

(No offense meant if you don't celebrate Christmas)
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: STMs What is your LO's must have Christmas gift?

• Options

She asked for a mermaid that swims underwater for the bathtub.

Hope she likes the Dora one Santa is bringing her because she wasn't "doll" specific (lets just hope she doesn't expect an alive mermaid). Her big gift from us is a playhouse but she has no idea about that.

photo a1c2c501-51d6-4155-bc5d-e15072d2426d_zps1135e754.jpg 

**Siggy Challenge What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives**

• Options
    He REALLY wants a big boy bike.

I can't wait to see his face when he sees his Cars bike by the tree :)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We got Ella a keyboard that she just loves. Also Mickey Mouse clubhouse figurines were a huge hit. (We celebrated our family Christmas this past weekend because of travel plans)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Owen is getting some Lego Duplos and more wooden train tracks and trains. Any other things. We do both Christmas and Hanukkah.

He didn't really ask for anything. When you ask him, he just says "Presents."

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Vtech go go vehicles to all of the grandparents dismay. I got a box of like 6 different vehicles I ordered on amazon when my MIL was here and she flipped (apparently they are annoying...I tune them out)

I plan on "decorating" the bottom of the tree with them and letting him find them :)
    http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f2/7c/80/f27c808876dd02ae89989d3c796a8f30.jpgimage
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    S wants a Snow Glow Elsa doll, which came in the mail yesterday after a long challenging search for one in stock.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Annie LOVES cars, buses and especially fire trucks, so we are getting her the VTech Go Go Smart Wheels set. My mom is also getting her a baby stroller and baby high chair so she can "help" take care of her baby. She's really into babies right now (will stop dead in her tracks if she sees one at the grocery store and demand to "SEE baby??" even if it's covered with a blanket...) so we're hoping to encourage that!

photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Vtech go go vehicles to all of the grandparents dismay. I got a box of like 6 different vehicles I ordered on amazon when my MIL was here and she flipped (apparently they are annoying...I tune them out) I plan on "decorating" the bottom of the tree with them and letting him find them :)
    We already have "car" and it's sweet! I don't think it's any more annoying that any of her other toys :)  They can all grate nerves if you're not in a great mood, but when she's dancing and singing "I like driving in my car - toot, toot! Beep, beep!" my heart instantly melts
  • Options
    All my DD has asked for since the day after Christmas last year is a puppy of her own. So I broke down and I'm picking one up for her today. She is 7 so I'm hoping that she is responsible enough. Not that I think I wont be doing most of the work.
  • Options
    @jmcgra06 -exactly! Lol we have the airplane, helicopter and cop car and they are his favorite things on the planet. We got a ton more so we can rotate them now.

My MIL finds all his toys annoying though. Everytime she comes over I have to deal with a day of tantrums afterwards because she turns them all off and then Henry is frustrated when they don't work. :-w
    http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f2/7c/80/f27c808876dd02ae89989d3c796a8f30.jpgimage
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @mandamoochie - who does that?? If anything, my mother in law would buy more annoying toys for DD just to mess with my head!
  • Options
    Andy has been asking for a football and a scooter, so he's getting those along with plenty of other stuff (pieces for his train set, an easel with paint, chalk, etc, a bunch of books, etc).  I'm really excited for him to see the scooter though :)
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Options
    Caw-ee and baw-ee (car and ball) I love the simple toy age. We actually took him and let him pick his own gifts last month. He forgot about them between them and now.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Jo has no real concept of want. We don't allow her to watch commercials, so she doesn't ask for anything. We did get her a Cabbage Patch kid, along with a stroller, high chair and other baby doll things to help her acclimate to the new baby's presence in the home. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    DS has been begging for a Nintendo 3DS for a while now so we finally broke down and got him one. We went all out to and splurged for the accessories kit and several games. It's his last Christmas as and only child so I figured why the hell not make it special.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Annabelle is currently obsessed with Frozen. Of course this happened after I finished shopping. She is getting a kidkraft wooden kitchen for her big present. I'm probably going to pick her up a frozen shirt and maybe something else.
  • Options
    jmcgra06 said:
    Annie LOVES cars, buses and especially fire trucks, so we are getting her the VTech Go Go Smart Wheels set. My mom is also getting her a baby stroller and baby high chair so she can "help" take care of her baby. She's really into babies right now (will stop dead in her tracks if she sees one at the grocery store and demand to "SEE baby??" even if it's covered with a blanket...) so we're hoping to encourage that!

Umm did you peek at my shopping list?! Lol. We got DD a very similar car and ramp thing, and mil is getting her the stroller and baby doll so she can help with baby. This age range is fun bc you can get them what you want and they love it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She doesn't quite understand wanting specific things but she loves the play shopping cart at the store so she'll get that from her auntie. And a kitchen set.

My H and I go by this: something she wants, something she needs, something to wear, and something to read. That way she doesn't get too many presents.
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Options
    She doesn't quite understand wanting specific things but she loves the play shopping cart at the store so she'll get that from her auntie. And a kitchen set. My H and I go by this: something she wants, something she needs, something to wear, and something to read. That way she doesn't get too many presents.

I heard this on the bump last year and DH and I loved it and decided to stick with it going forward. We also add one bigger gift from santa and a stocking. Such a fun idea!
  • Options
    mishka29 said:

She doesn't quite understand wanting specific things but she loves the play shopping cart at the store so she'll get that from her auntie. And a kitchen set.

My H and I go by this: something she wants, something she needs, something to wear, and something to read. That way she doesn't get too many presents.

I heard this on the bump last year and DH and I loved it and decided to stick with it going forward. We also add one bigger gift from santa and a stocking. Such a fun idea!

Oh yeah, I forgot we also got a santa gift that I think she'll love: a remote control t-rex she saw in the store and she was making roaring noises and claws by her face (she doesn't talk much yet to say dino). She wanted to see that more than the frozen merchandise so we went with that.
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Options
    My 7 year has several things under the tree from family that's she's been asking for .... A couple Monster High dolls, a Skylander, and some kind of robot dog her dad purchased for her .. She also has skates, clothing, PC learning video games,( KD shoes, Go Thunder!) and more stuff from other family members coming...
  • Options
    Mine are 12 & 11. DD wants anything paint or art related. DS anything NERF gun or Doctor Who related.
  • Options
    DD is only one so she didn't really ask for anything. Her big toy is the little people city skyway since she's really into cars right now. And H went crazy with books so we have several of those.
  • Options
    My 11 yo loves American Girl. She is opening 1 gift because she only asked for something that took the whole gift budget we set for her. My 12 yo is finally asking for clothes and her own hair straightener!
  • Options
    Adeline is too little to ask for anything but we got her a Beetle van play tent, play food, some Elmo stuff for her stocking, and MIL got her a baby doll with a stroller which I know she'll love because she's also in the obsessed-with-babies stage. 
     AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

F15 Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most After Baby Arrives: BELLY SLEEPING!

photo c433cf4d-aa40-443c-af77-110275d91d89.jpg
  • Options

For his Dec birthday, we gave DS extra wooden train track pieces (he would get frustrated saying he needed more pieces to build bigger tracks) and more wooden/magnetic trains.  He was so excited.

Nothing too big for Christmas.  Bought some books he pointed out at Costco and some Dollar Tree plastic animals he really, really wanted. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @twinklymama‌ mine asked former hair stuff too but her aunts took care of that and she has a birthday like right after Christmas too
  • Options
    My girls are 4 & 3 and in to all things outdoors. They have both asked for new bikes (and actually both need them) so they've gotten those. DD1 is a great bike rider but needed to go up a couple sizes. DD2 will be getting her first "big girl bike," (as in, not a tricycle). Both are getting new helmets as well. DD1 also wants a razor scooter and DD2 wants a skate board. Both have asked for swings for the back yard as well. Can you tell we spend a lot of time outside?

They will not be getting the swings immediately but DH will build on to their existing playhouse to add swings, probably in the spring. They have already gotten the bikes/helmets. They may get the scooter/skateboard IF we go through all the outdoor stuff and donate/trash a few things this weekend. I feel like we have a million cars, skates, etc lying around (many of which they have outgrown).

• Options
    He wants his own green yoga ball lol. We got him the yoga ball and I found him an Ultimate Mega Zorg, which we'd been planning on getting him for months. I think I'm gonna blow the ball up and put a bow on it and give it to him that way :)
    Dr. ACPruchnik, TVMD & SBE

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward To After Baby's Born

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Aubrey is 5 and she has finally discovered Barbie. She really wants ken in the tuxedo. She also asked for more Eloise, Madeline and bearenstien bear books.

I havent gone shopping yet (have to wait for tomorrows check) i plan on getting her a few Barbie things from Santa then books, craft supplies and pjs from us. Maybe a game if i find a cool one for her age group. She also loves lalaloopsy but she has a ton already so unless there is a deal ill pass on that.
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Options
    DD is too young to ask for gifts (18mos). She loves babies, dogs, and fish, so our gifts will fall in line with those things. And a play kitchen, becasue apparently they're all the rage for this age group. 
    MJ loves his play kitchen, I highly recommend it for this age.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"