February 2015 Moms

No pics- mucus plug topic

pretty sure I lost my mucus plug this morning... I'm 31 weeks. Waiting to call doctor when they open in an hour. Anyone else lose theirs extremely early?
Things not to do after reading this: Google what it is, post a pic of one on here, or anything else remotely close to either of those things!

Re: No pics- mucus plug topic

• My sister in law lost hers early and carried nearly to term. They regenerate too

Pregnancy Ticker

January Siggy Challenge:

Being able to get out of bed on the first try

• My sister in law lost hers early and carried nearly to term. They regenerate too
    I was thinking the same thing, one of our friends lost hers early and just had to have extra dr apts... she carried him to term...

***July Siggy Challenge***
    Favorite Summer Time Treat: "Anything Poolside!"

IAmPregnant Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • TMI post. I did google, knowing it would be gross, because I was genuinely curious. That's what my discharge has looked like through several weeks of pregnancy. Either mine has regenerated or it wasn't a mucus plug. Either way, I'm not worried. Call your doc if you're concerned.
  • @racheltherose‌ @wirtlehm‌ thanks for the productive feedback. I'm not normally someone who would be concerned about the normal issues that come with pregnancy, but it's nice to know you are familiar with others who have carried to term still. DH was freaking me out with his "well when my ex wife lost hers we had DD that night"!
  • Personally, unless I started contracting after I wouldnt call my dr. I lost mine "early" at like 30 weeks with my first pregnancy and my dr said not to worry about it unless I started to labor because they do regenerate (an I didnt deliver til 39+5 weeks). But, if it puts your mind at ease, I say go for it and call your dr :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• @mali3‌ I'm relieved to know that! The time zone I'm in my doc office still not open, but I think I'm going to agree with you. I will call just to air on the side of caution, but it's probably a non issue
  • I wouldn't worry (and wouldn't even call) unless I was having regular contractions. I regularly lost pieces of mucous plug for the last 4-6 weeks of both previous pregnancies and never went in to labor on my own with either one. I also, lost a bit (this time) about a week ago but it has since stopped. I'm not concerned.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So apparently bowling is frowned upon during pregnancy. May have to go in to be seen bc Braxton hicks as well. I think I'm fine, but note to you ladies, don't go bowling during pregnancy..: we can't do anything fun. Ugh.
  • This should never be a topic regardless if you include pictures.

This. x100. FFS.

Call your doctor.

Stop the insanity.

BFP #1: It's a GIRL! DD born October, 2012
    BFP #2: m/c at 7w, February, 2014
    BFP #3: It's a BOY! Please be our rainbow! Due February, 2015

*everyone always welcome*
    image    image   image
  • I've been bowling a couple times since being pregnant. What's the reason for no bowling?

• alyse0305 said:

So apparently bowling is frowned upon during pregnancy. May have to go in to be seen bc Braxton hicks as well. I think I'm fine, but note to you ladies, don't go bowling during pregnancy..: we can't do anything fun. Ugh.

Wait, what?  I don't see why this would be an issue for a normal pregnancy.

eta, I will be going bowling for my husband's birthday party at the beginning of February.  I plan to live to tell the story.

DH and I go bowling every Tuesday night. I just use a 6lb ball and I'm more careful about how I roll it. I sit down between turns with a pitcher of water that I make sure to drink at least one of before the night is over. I look forward to hearing your tale of bowling survival! <3
    Dr. ACPruchnik, TVMD & SBE

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward To After Baby's Born

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • The weight of the ball is apparently frowned upon unless like PP you use light weight less than 8lbs- or if you're an avid bowler you can continue. I never would have thought bowling would be an issue but the Doctor wasn't psyched I participated in that activity.

• alyse0305 said:

So apparently bowling is frowned upon during pregnancy. May have to go in to be seen bc Braxton hicks as well. I think I'm fine, but note to you ladies, don't go bowling during pregnancy..: we can't do anything fun. Ugh.

@alyse0305 Braxton Hicks are not a concern unless you have 5 or more timeable contractions in an hour (this means you can distinguish a beginning and end). If you are having less than that, then it's just your body preparing for labor.

And re: bowling... Here's a link for you. I'm so nice today.

I was having braxton hicks for a duration extending outside of an hour last night, but thanks for the update. As for the bowling article, I would assume my doctor telling me bowling is not a good idea would be the end all be all for what I need to know on that matter.
  • So we should start a thread on things we can do that are fun still! The list seems to be dwindling. I haven't been able to ski, go horseback riding, bowl, play volleyball...
  • edited December 2014
    I've bowled on league for the past two years straight. When I got pregnant, it didn't stop me. My doctor was well aware. I just bowled my last week, last week, because it was just getting to difficult. Not enough energy and back would start to ache a bit. But it's pretty much been the only "activity" I've done this whole pregnancy. (other than walking)

I don't see why it would be a problem? 

ETA: ^^ Unless there are other health/ pregnancy issues.

____________________________________________________________                                           

TTC 10+ | Stage 4 Endometriosis

3 Laparscopy's

BFP - 06.15.2014

EDD - 02.16.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• To answer your question @MommyOfAMiracle‌ , if you have bowled the entire pregnancy he said you're fine to continue as long as you don't increase weight of ball or over strain, but for someone like me who is not a regular bowler it's a no no. I'm having a healthy pregnancy in all other instances.
  • I would have never thought of the weight of the ball. I still lift my 45 pound toddler, so hopefully all will go well with bowling.
    My DS is about the same weight as your toddler and I've accidentally lifted him a few times and he feels SO much heavier to me now! You're a trooper lol
    Dr. ACPruchnik, TVMD & SBE

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward To After Baby's Born

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • What about Candlepin bowling? Amirite @kkleigh10, @izzy0927, @irishcurls (you're a MA gal, right)?

Yay for New England bowling! I had to google it for DH a while back. He didn't believe me.
  • Am I the only one not freaked out by mucus plugs?

After TTC for 2 years, and checking CM almost daily, my vaginal secretions don't bother me a bit.

This whole baby-making process is so glamorous.
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm more freaked out to clean up poop than I am to talk about a mucus plug- especially with recurring 3rd tri nausea! But I second that @modernfairytale8709‌- this topic does not effect me- as long as no visuals are in play.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"