September 2012 Moms

Thursday Thoughts

I have some random thoughts to share so I thought I would get a post started and maybe start your day off with a chuckle :)

Last night I had a dream that one of my molars fell out.  Like wiggled and just fell right out, the way they did when you were a little kid.  Do you think this means I have been eating too many Christmas cookies before bed?

Even if that is the case I do not plan on curbing my cookie intake - they are just so yummy! And I have a fresh batch of red and green snickerdoodles that i made last night.

Christmas cookies are my weakness at this time of year, what is yours?   or other random thoughts for day?
my read shelf:
Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!

Re: Thursday Thoughts

• That husband I bragged about a couple days ago, really pissed me off this morning.  And I hate fighting with him in the morning, it starts my day off cranky.  Plus I have a headache.  So I splurged for the white chocolate mocha this morning.  Starbucks can solve any problems.

I'm so ready for Christmas, but DS1 has been having a rough week at school.  I finally told him that I was calling Santa if he doesn't start listening at school (which he thinks automatically means he won't get anything from Santa).  I'm worried I'll actually have to follow through on my threat and then get stuck making something up about Santa giving him another chance.  I can't not give my 4yo a Santa gift.  But I just want him to listen to his teachers!!  

I'm a bundle of joy this morning.  Happy Thursday! :)

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Mmm Christmas cookies.

Sorry about your morning kelbel. I keep threatening Ethan, too. I got a big awesome gift from Santa, so I really hope he cooperates and I can give it to them. Darn big kids.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Loading the player...
  • @smb+jab‌ Soft, frosted sugar cookies are my weakness. I could eat all of them. We haven't made any yet but will be as soon as we get to Florida. I can't wait but won't want to share with my family. 

@kelbel527‌ When I taught Kindergarten, this week before Christmas was so hard. The kids were so excited for Christmas but didn't really know how long they had to wait. I had kids come in every day asking if tomorrow was Christmas. It's a hard time! A Christmas countdown really seemed to help them visualize how much longer they had to wait. I hope he does well so you don't have to figure out how to give him another chance! 

I can't stand potty training posts on Facebook. I really don't want to know how many times your kid pooped today. They gross me out and annoy me. 

I have to get all of the lights off our tree tomorrow so my husband can put it outside before we leave. I knew I should have just done a few strands instead of 9. I have a feeling I'm going to be up really late tomorrow night. 

Any good food ideas for the car? I'm trying to think of things that are semi healthy but fun to eat. We don't like any fast food burger restaurants so dinner is going to be tough to find. 

My mind is going in 9000 directions this morning. Blah.
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • It seems like it might be the of year for the kiddo's to be acting up.  My friend has been having trouble with her two (ages 6 and 3) and is threatening the same thing.

And Grant has been acting up lately too but I am pretty sure molar number three is coming in and he is always Mr. Cranky pants when he is teething.  Oh and he bites me.  Oh joy!

Hopefully they all shape up very soon!
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • AlinnJo said:
    @smb+jab‌ Soft, frosted sugar cookies are my weakness. I could eat all of them. We haven't made any yet but will be as soon as we get to Florida. I can't wait but won't want to share with my family. 

@kelbel527‌ When I taught Kindergarten, this week before Christmas was so hard. The kids were so excited for Christmas but didn't really know how long they had to wait. I had kids come in every day asking if tomorrow was Christmas. It's a hard time! A Christmas countdown really seemed to help them visualize how much longer they had to wait. I hope he does well so you don't have to figure out how to give him another chance! 

I can't stand potty training posts on Facebook. I really don't want to know how many times your kid pooped today. They gross me out and annoy me. 

I have to get all of the lights off our tree tomorrow so my husband can put it outside before we leave. I knew I should have just done a few strands instead of 9. I have a feeling I'm going to be up really late tomorrow night. 

Any good food ideas for the car? I'm trying to think of things that are semi healthy but fun to eat. We don't like any fast food burger restaurants so dinner is going to be tough to find. 

they have plain goldfish (no cheddar) that are super yummy.

clementines are DS' favorite and easy to peel and will make your car smell yummy.

cheese stick ( string cheese)

baby carrots

celery sticks

I don't know if you will have a cooler, but those are some easy things to pack.

• @AlinnJo what kind of food ideas are you looking for the car?  do you want to pack just snacks or a full meal?  My mom use to travel with my brother and I and we would not stop (yes she was a bit nuts!)  So we would pack a cooler with sandwiches, fruit (pre-cut slices), prezels, goldfish, juice boxes  and then we always had a bag of chocolate chip cookies (that might be where i get my cookie problem from :) )

but if our are looking for restaurants to stop at can you Google towns on your route to see who has a panera (they at least appear to have healthier options..) or a cozi  or another restaurant of this type.  they should be quick like a burger place but not as bad for you..   
    my read shelf:

• I have dreams about my teeth falling out all the time, or crumbling.  I believe when I looked it up last it has ties to not being in control, or feeling overwhelmed.  I could be wrong on that, but I thought that's what I remembered.

Nancy has been tough this whole week.  Last night she refused to eat dinner (homemade mac & cheese) because it was "too orange."  FFS.  I lost my f-ing mind and made her sit there for like 45 minutes while I cleaned up the kitchen and washed the dishes.  DH finally made her a peanut butter sandwich.  She ate the whole thing and then asked for another one.  I'm so over her dinner time shenanigans.

Also, WTF is with "The Interview" being cancelled?  Now a Seth Rogan movie is going to be like the most bootlegged/cult movie ever.  Dude.  It's Seth Rogan.  He's funny, but all his movies are the same.  

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Thanks Ladies.  I know this time of year is tough, so I just really hope he gets it together.  It's not like he's perfect the rest of the year, so I am just trying to get him to understand that bad behavior has consequences.  Ugh.

@alinnjo - When we roadtrip we usually stop at a sandwich or sub place to avoid the fast-food burger drive thrus.  Applesauce pouches are good for the car.  We do many types of goldfish in our house.  Pretzel and non-cheddar ones are good.  Good luck with the drive!

I also hate many potty training posts on FB... but I do have to say when DS1 was 100% trained after 1 1/2 yrs of stress, I posted something on FB.  I was just so freaking happy.

But, the constant posts about it drive me crazy.  I'm also not a fan of pictures of your kid on the potty posted online.  That may be my UO since I've seen many people do it, but I wouldn't want someone taking a picture of me on the toilet, why is it okay if you're a toddler?

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Thanks @Newt69‌ and @smb+jab‌ ! Clementines are on my list. Not only does she love them, but she likes to peel them ALL BY MYSELF and it takes her forever. Eat all the oranges kid. I am going to do sandwiches so lunch should be covered. Panera would be a good quicker option. I'll have to see how far we get and then search one out. That's a good idea. I was thinking about making some chocolate chip cookies. It's nice to have something home made when you are away from home.
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kelbel527, what kind of FB friends do you have that post this crap?
    I don't want to talk about or read about anyone's bathroom habits--kid or otherwise.  The couple we finally successfully broke up with used to talk to me about their kids poop every single time we saw them and then were like "just wait til you have a baby--you'll do it all the time!"  I can say with 100% confidence, I have never talked about my kids' BMs with anyone other than DH, their sitter, or our pedi.  I just don't understand why anyone believes that other people care about such things.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• @kelbel527, what kind of FB friends do you have that post this crap?
    I don't want to talk about or read about anyone's bathroom habits--kid or otherwise.  The couple we finally successfully broke up with used to talk to me about their kids poop every single time we saw them and then were like "just wait til you have a baby--you'll do it all the time!"  I can say with 100% confidence, I have never talked about my kids' BMs with anyone other than DH, their sitter, or our pedi.  I just don't understand why anyone believes that other people care about such things.
    On FB - it's one "friend" in particular, and I think my step-sister did it once too.  The first friend I started blocking.  But the pictures have been on IG mostly.

I will have to say that I've talked with people about my child's BM.  ONLY because everyone always asks me how I knew my boys had a dairy allergy.  Well both of their biggest signs was when they had blood in their BM.  I always feel bad like I need to start with a warning, but, well, they asked!  :)

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• smb+jab said:
    It seems like it might be the of year for the kiddo's to be acting up.  My friend has been having trouble with her two (ages 6 and 3) and is threatening the same thing.

And Grant has been acting up lately too but I am pretty sure molar number three is coming in and he is always Mr. Cranky pants when he is teething.  Oh and he bites me.  Oh joy!

Hopefully they all shape up very soon!
    Aedan is still working on his molars too.  He's been cranky, not napping well and biting kids at school (which he hadn't done for a really long time).  I hate teething.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Nancy has been tough this whole week.  Last night she refused to eat dinner (homemade mac & cheese) because it was "too orange."  FFS.  I lost my f-ing mind and made her sit there for like 45 minutes while I cleaned up the kitchen and washed the dishes.  DH finally made her a peanut butter sandwich.  She ate the whole thing and then asked for another one.  I'm so over her dinner time shenanigans.

My kid has definitely refused mac and cheese b/c it was orange.  apparently he only eats the white mac and cheese.  Really?!?!?!

my read shelf:

• Whoa, I just learned that the only difference between orange cheddar and white cheddar is a food coloring.  Mind. Blown.  I really thought they tasted different beyond just the aging.
  • smb+jab said:
    I have some random thoughts to share so I thought I would get a post started and maybe start your day off with a chuckle :)

Last night I had a dream that one of my molars fell out.  Like wiggled and just fell right out, the way they did when you were a little kid.  Do you think this means I have been eating too many Christmas cookies before bed?

Even if that is the case I do not plan on curbing my cookie intake - they are just so yummy! And I have a fresh batch of red and green snickerdoodles that i made last night.

Christmas cookies are my weakness at this time of year, what is yours?   or other random thoughts for day?
    I remember reading somewhere once that dreams that your teeth falling out have something to do with a fear of commitment or moving forward with something.

...but I could be making that up, it was awhile ago.

• Can someone recommend some wedgie proof undies? For some reason - I cannot find a pair that doesn't ride up my butt when I wear a skirt or dress. 

• @AlinnJo I'd go with prepacked stuff and bring a small cooler. Applesauce pouches are awesome or even the yogurt ones. Precut fruit, bananas, clementines which you already mentioned, crackers, raisins,fruit snacks etc.

We went to get a quote on countertop last night. For our rinky dink kitchen it's $750 on sale for plan old laminate counters. The thought of our very light remodel being $1K went out the window. I'll be going to get more quotes but I'm scared of what I'll find. We were hoping it would be a 5-10 year at most bandaid.

• kdsmith43 said:
    Can someone recommend some wedgie proof undies? For some reason - I cannot find a pair that doesn't ride up my butt when I wear a skirt or dress. 
    Also, that comes across pretty un-ladylike.  8-}

• AlinnJo said:
    @smb+jab‌ Soft, frosted sugar cookies are my weakness. I could eat all of them. We haven't made any yet but will be as soon as we get to Florida. I can't wait but won't want to share with my family. 

Same. there is absolutely NO reason for them. Blech.

• I have dreams about my teeth falling out all the time, or crumbling.  I believe when I looked it up last it has ties to not being in control, or feeling overwhelmed.  I could be wrong on that, but I thought that's what I remembered.

Nancy has been tough this whole week.  Last night she refused to eat dinner (homemade mac & cheese) because it was "too orange."  FFS.  I lost my f-ing mind and made her sit there for like 45 minutes while I cleaned up the kitchen and washed the dishes.  DH finally made her a peanut butter sandwich.  She ate the whole thing and then asked for another one.  I'm so over her dinner time shenanigans.

Also, WTF is with "The Interview" being cancelled?  Now a Seth Rogan movie is going to be like the most bootlegged/cult movie ever.  Dude.  It's Seth Rogan.  He's funny, but all his movies are the same.  
    Yep. I looked this up before too. It has to do with feeling like parts of your life are out of your control.

• Newt69Newt69 member
    edited December 2014

I go tomorrow for an interview for a job I applied to before thanksgiving. My belly is so nervous I have spent the past 2 days in the BR ( sorry TMI). I really hope I can land this job, its $5k more a year for the 1st year then $13K more after my 1st anniversary. I am just nervous because it the opposite end of the spectrum for me....I work in K-12foodservice now....I'd be going to MEALS ON WHEELS.....and its a county level job, so there's always funding to worry about. But something has to give for sure.

oh yeah...I am so far behind in my class that I am taking to complete my degree. I need to get my keester in gear

• MRoxy0628 said:
    I have dreams about my teeth falling out all the time, or crumbling.  I believe when I looked it up last it has ties to not being in control, or feeling overwhelmed.  I could be wrong on that, but I thought that's what I remembered.

I find this ironic, because of her hair color, which I guess is technically red.  Anyway, that was my first thought when I read that. 
    This made me laugh. And DD, another redhead, would probably eat mac n cheese every single day if I'd let her.

• kdsmith43 said:
    Can someone recommend some wedgie proof undies? For some reason - I cannot find a pair that doesn't ride up my butt when I wear a skirt or dress. 
    Aerie thongs = the BEST.

• loislayn said:
    UO: Thongs are pointless. It's just a wedgie machine.
    But how else do you circumvent lines? I hate visible lines!

• Guys, there is a big meeting going on right now and I am pretty sure it concerns my team and I wasn't invited.  I am crazy nervous and trying to swallow down a panic attack.  Ugh....

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• melody921 said:
    loislayn said:
    Butt naked :) I can't wear longs I hate them so I go without any.

• @kdsmith43, I have an EO question for you -- DH's SM gave me lemon oil. What is that good for, and do I apply it to the skin or diffuse it?

• Pokedot said:
    melody921 said:
    loislayn said:
    Butt naked :) I can't wear longs I hate them so I go without any.

So after typing too fast I realized I put "longs" instead of thongs. Awesome and it wouldn't let me edit it. I wear normal underwear or when my pants are tighter I don't wear underwear. Time of the month, I wear longer shirts since my pants are tight from bloat anyway.

• Where do you all shop for nice work clothing for men? DH needs some nicer clothes for his new job and I've been getting him the same stuff for so long I don't know where to start.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • loislayn said:
    melody921 said:
    loislayn said:
    Maternity underwear? Buy the right size? longer shirts? tuck in your shirt? Pants with pockets?

I never tuck!

• AKB090609 said:
    Where do you all shop for nice work clothing for men? DH needs some nicer clothes for his new job and I've been getting him the same stuff for so long I don't know where to start.

You mean business casual or suits?

Kohls, Macy's JC Penney

• AKB090609 said:
    Where do you all shop for nice work clothing for men? DH needs some nicer clothes for his new job and I've been getting him the same stuff for so long I don't know where to start.

You mean business casual or suits?

Kohls, Macy's JC Penney

Ya, I need to know the dress code. DH only wears suits so he doesn't have any business casual clothes - I have no idea what he would even wear.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"