January 2015 Moms

Trying to stay calm... My world is crashing around me. *Update*

Holly317Holly317 member
edited December 2014 in January 2015 Moms
I've never posted here but I read everyday. I'm a ftm, and to say this pregnancy has been rough is an understatement. At 18wks we found out that our baby girl has downs syndrome. It was a shock but we have gotten to a good place and now are just excited to meet her. Last week we were told her percentile dropped in half in just 4 weeks (35th to 18th), we go next Tuesday to see how she is but we might have to get her out (we are 34wks today). I keep a strong face on but inside I'm going crazy. Then yesterday my father had a heart attack. He is unresponsive, on a respirator and we don't know yet if he has any brain damage or if he will make it through. Again I'm trying to keep a strong face. My poor mom is a reck and I just want to be strong. All I can think is I can't bury my father before I have this little girl. She has to know her grandfather! My husband is a saint, I don't know what I'd do without him. I think I'm at my breaking point. I bent down earlier today to pull my sock off and I threw my back out. I literally can't stand straight, laying down locks it up, and Tylenol barely touches it. How much can one person take!?! Sorry this is so long, I didn't have anywhere else to vent...

*Update*
First, I need to thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. Today has been one of the worst days of my life but reading your posts has brought some smiles and relief.

This morning my dad starting seazing. They did many tests and it was determined that he was brain dead. We made the difficult choice to remove him from the ventilator and not let him suffer. He passed away at 5:55pm. He would have celebrated his 69th birthday on Christmas day.

I'm still in disbelief. I know he's gone, but it doesn't seem real. I can't believe that my daughter will never know her grandpop. That's when I lose it most, thinking about having this baby and him not there.

I will update again after our ultrasound Tuesday if there are any changes with Olivia (baby girls name).

Re: Trying to stay calm... My world is crashing around me. *Update*

• ((HUGS)). I am so very sorry for everything that you are going through. Sending many T&Ps to you and your family.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• :( HUGS. That's a lot. Crying helps me. Sometimes you just got to get it out. Also, go to the chiropractor for your back. A good one can work wonders. T&Ps!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hugs to you.  I hope your dad pulls through and your back feels better.  Keeping you in my thoughts.
  • I'm so sorry- I wouldn't be standing after all you've gone through. You are obviously very strong. Prayers that your father wakes up okay and that your appointment goes well. Please feel free to reach out if you need anyone to talk to we are all here
  • This is a lot for one person to deal with.  Thank goodness for your husband, lean on him when you need to let it all out.  He'll be there and understand.

Thinking of you.
    After 8 yrs of ttc little one is due Jan. 28

Big brother is excited to meet this little one!

• Sending lots of T&P and hugs.  You're going through so much and I just can't imagine how difficult it must be.  Hoping things get better for you and your family!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry. Lots of thoughts and prayers headed your way!
  • I'm so sorry you are having a hard time :(
  • @Holly317, tons of thoughts and prayers for you and your family!  I would have hit my breaking point at this point, too, or long before.  Believe me, if you need a place to vent and just let it all out, this is an amazing group to turn to for advice, support, and funny GIF parties for distraction.  Sending creepy internet hugs your way!
  • I'm so sorry you are dealing with so much. You have more strength than you realize. Many thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

• Sending positive thoughts your way.
  • Sending T+P.. GL!!
  • I'm so sorry for everything you're going through. Sending T&P for you, your Dad, and your baby girl. 
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Hugs! I'm so sorry your having suck a hard time. Sending T&Ps your way
    *loss and BFP mentioned*
    Me: Endo & No Tubes 
    DH: perfect!
    IVF#1 (Sept 2013) Long Lupron Protocol
               17 retrieved, 15 fert, 1 perfect blast trans, 10 frozen
                BFP--Ended-- Blighted Ovum
    FET#2 Tentative Sched: Start meds CD1=Feb 1, ET= Feb 19-20
              One Grade 4AA Blast transferred, 5dpt- BFP HPT, 6dpt- line darker
              Beta #1- 50, Beta #2- 30
              BFN- Chemical preg
    FET#3 CD1-4/11, start Injections on CD13, ET scheduled- 4/29
             CD12 u/s & bw- Lining 8.7, estrogen 335, cleared for ET in one week!
             CD19 ET- Two Grade 4AA Blast transferred one with assisted hatching
             4dpt- POAS = BFP!....POAS everyday after = DARKER! FX!
             Beta #1- 703!  Beta #2- 4,004! 
             First U/S, 5wk0d- TWO gest sacs, Both with yolk sacs and a fetal pole both measuring 3d ahead!
    ((Thank you LORD, praying these LO grow, grow, grow!)) 
    **Due date Jan 14th- Boy/Girl twins**

imageimage

• You will soon have a beautiful little girl who is lucky to have such a strong momma and family around her!! Thoughts and prayers with you, God only provides what he knows you can handle. You will be one rockin momma soon!
  • So sorry you have to go through all this right now. It isn't fair that sometimes the world hands us more than we can handle. Glad to hear you have a supportive husband. Don't be afraid to lean on him. Please keep us posted. Prayers for your Dad.
  • Prayers coming your way for you, your dad and your little girl. Hang in there and take care of yourself. If you need to let it all out, then let it all out.

Pregnancy Ticker

• That is a lot to handle all at once. Thoughts and prayers for your family and your dad.

• You're in my thoughts and prayers.  I'm glad your husband is supportive!  We're here if you need to break down, you can't be strong for everyone... you need to let it out in order to heal yourself!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm so sorry for all that you're going through. Hugs, thoughts and prayers for you.
    ******************************************** siggy warning ******************************************

image image

Married July 2011 * TTC #1 since 8/12 * Me: 29 DH: 29
    21 Cycles TI: BFNs
    DX: Stage 2 Endo, uterine polyps and paratubal cysts removed
    2/14: IVF #1 Lupron Protocol = 12R/10M/9F, no frosties; transferred one 3BB blast = BFN
    4/14: IVF #2 Antagonist Protocol = 18R/16M/15F/6 frosties; transferred one 4BB blast = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (5/12) = 232 Beta #2 (5/16) = 886 Beta #3 (5/20) = 3168
    EDD 1/18/15 It's a BOY 

~~~~~~ All Are Welcome ~~~~~~

• So sorry to hear about all that you're going through. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so sorry. Please use us as support in any way possible. Will be thinking about you!
  • Sending positive thoughts your way! My heart goes out to you in this difficult time, stay strong mama and keep us posted!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm so sorry. That is a lot for someone to go through. Many hugs and you are in my thoughts. I really hope your dad pulls through and gets to meet his beautiful granddaughter.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So sorry you're going through all this. You, your dad and your little one are in my thoughts and prayers!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ugh, this is just unpleasant all around. I hope, at the very least, you can get some relief for your back. Take the time you need and ask for help where you can, preferably outside the family. That way you can really be there for your parents when you are feeling better. 

Pregnancy is a stressful time for everyone but, what you have on your plate is way above average! I think you have a lot more strength than you know right now. I hope you, husband and baby girl can get through this first trial as a family! Happy thoughts for your dad and a best case scenario. 
  • Sending lots of good thoughts your way. You sound very strong but it's okay to take some time for yourself to process everything and to just let out all of the emotions you're feeling. I'm glad you posted. Hugs!
  • Wow, @Holly317‌. So sorry to read this. Thinkingbof you and your at this time. I'm hoping that your dad comes through. Don't be afraid to break down. It may help you feel better, and get through.

• sending you lots of love from F15 as well.  You can always come vent to us too for double the loving from both BMBs  ;)
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • (((hugs)))  that's too much for one person.  all the T&P that your father pulls through so he can meet his granddaughter and that baby girl either can stay put a while longer, or that she does really well if she has to come out early.  silly question, but have you tried ice and/or heat on your back?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • I am also so sorry for what you are going through. That seems like too much for one person to bear. I'm sending you and your family many prayers! Lean on your husband and take care of yourself.
  • I'm so sorry! That is a lot to go through. Good thoughts for you and your family.

Dec '12 & Jan '15
    I could hold you for a million years to make you feel my love.
  • I'm so sorry that you are dealing with so much.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• ((Hugs)) you and your family will definitely be our family's prayers today. I'm sorry you are going through such a difficult time but Don't despair, God can work miracles! :)
  • Sending you lots of T&P's
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• You have support from the board. T&P to you and your family.
    DS born 1/8/2015
    BFP 1/5/2016   EDD 9/17/2016

• I am so sorry.  What a terrible time.  
  • This sounds so rough. I am so sorry. If you need support, please don't hesitate to reach out to any of us. Sending best wishes your way.
  • I'm so sorry you are dealing with all this. I will be thinking of you and your family.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"