September 2014 Moms

Vent It Out.

So I just needed to say, to an audience, that this third leap is kicking our butts and I am ready for my happy girl back.  I got use to being able to occasionally empty my arms and just enjoy watching her react to her silly playmat.. now she's a screaming nightmare that only wants to be held. 

Anyone else got something to moan about?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Vent It Out.

• I'm having a really tough few weeks and an even tougher day! After putting in 6 60 hour work weeks combined with full time mommy mode at home I was just pooped. Came home to be with family to try to relax before the holidays. Well today my grandma died (literally minutes after I took LO to "meet" her - in quotes since she wasn't able to wake). Then turns out my mom has the flu - on the day her mom dies - so now I'm panicked since LO and I have been around her since Sunday. Fair warning she also had the flu shot. The pediatrician didn't seem terribly concerned so I'm trying my best not to freak out but it's just been a long hard sad day on top of baby hormones and exhaustion. Tomorrow my brother and I are driving 4 hours to visit my dying great aunt then 4 hours back in a day which is going to be really hard on LO. When it rains it pours... I just hope we both don't get the flu... :(. My family keeps all of their emotions locked up so I've been the only blubbering idiot all day. End vent!
  • The third leap has been hellish for us too. She will only nap in the ergo and wakes up every 1-2 hours at night and refuses to go back to sleep after eating. We spend. 2 hours to get her to sleep only to have her wake up 45 minutes later and begin again. Wondering how long this leap lasts. Damn leap!
  • Loading the player...
  • Our girl must me going through something too...leap or growth spurt or teething, who knows. FI isn't helping much because he has such a bad migraine that he's been throwing up all day, leaving me to take care of LO despite being sick with a horrible sore throat. Luckily FI's mom was willing to at least watch DD1 overnight.

• The 3rd leap was awful. It just ended and LO is finally herself again. My complaint is Christmas stresses me out. I wish we could just celebrate with our little family because I know there will drama.

@barbiedoesbaby‌ I'm sorry to hear about your grandma!
  • Christmas is a week away & im not ready! We don't even have a tree yet. I feel guilty because this is LO's first Christmas and I feel like a failure. I know she won't remember, but still.

@barbiedoesbaby‌ t&p for your family. Hopefully you and your LO stay flu free.

• @lil_diamond_eyes‌ I'm right there with you! We actually have a tree but it's been sitting undecorated since Saturday.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm pretty convinced DS is teething. His gums are swollen and and keeps chewing on everything. He cries in pain all the time. He refuses to nurse, he only wants a bottle to chew on the nipple. And he is very hard to get to sleep now. And constantly wakes screaming and is inconsolable. I hate seeing my little guy in pain.
    BFP #1 7/23/12: EDD 4/1/13.  MMC discovered on 9/4/12 @ 10w1d
    BFP# 2 3/9/13:  EDD 11/12/13 m/c 3/15/13 @ 5w3d
    RPL testing shows one copy of MTHFR gene mutation. 
     BFP#3 12/24/13: EDD 9/5/14 Beta #1 13 DPO 168! Beta #2 16 DPO 895!
     First US 1/9/14 @ 5w6d Strong HB!
    2nd US 1/23/14 @ 7w6d baby is still doing great! 3rd US 1/31/14  9w0d: Beautiful wiggly baby! Keep growing baby!
    3/17/14 US @ 15w3d:Its a BOY!

My rainbow baby Isaac has arrived! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 3rd leap sucks and I hate reading 4th one is really hard! I feel like I just got my baby back and now it'll be hellish again starting in a week.  NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

My vent - work program I use is down... but work is still coming in.  I can't get to it/  do anything, then I'll be trying to dig out of 3-4 days of work!  I'd rather be consistently busy then bored then ridiculous.  Oh and everyone took off next week so I don't have any help.  Just me and the current pregnant CW because we have no leave (well she's saving hers). 

Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ugh! I think we're going through the 3rd leap too and it sucks. He's crying so much and his naps suck! I'm lucky if I get a half hour out of him. He's waking up more throughout the night now too. We were down to just once at 3am but now it's 2-3 times! Ugh again! I can't wait until my little man is back but I'm scared of the 4th leap... it seems like it's really long!

My vent? Why can't DH clean the dishes after he makes dinner? He leaves the pots and pans sitting on the stove with food in them and the sink full of the prep dishes. Every time! And I swear he's blind and can't see the crumbs or spills on the counters. Our kitchen is so small I hate the mess!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"