2nd Trimester
Options

Bad experience at anatomy scan.

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Bad experience at anatomy scan.

• Options
    I would think about changing drs. Its still early enough to establish a good relationship with another doctor/midwife.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh that's awful. If this is the doctor that will deliver your baby, I would change immediately.
  • Options
    How about paying to go to an elective ultrasound place. Then you could have your family there and all the pictures you want.
  • Options
    I get it. This is supposed to be a fun and exciting time. Seriously, not to best a dead horse (insert gif here), you need to put yourself in the dr shoes for a minute. This is a time when they may have to give you horrible news. He probably was just trying to impart the seriousness if the task at hand. Buck up buttercup, if you made it through this scan without being led down the hall to a box of Kleenex, you are halfway home. Congrats
  • Options
    This is why elective ultrasound places exist. Use one. In no universe would I ask to switch out visitors during my anatomy scan. Plenty of moms leave those scans with devastating diagnosis. Perspective please.
  • Options
    Where the anatomy scan is a serious procedure, I think all doctors should treat patients with respect. I don't think her husband was there, I think she just wanted to see if her sister could come in. Also, as I understood it, she didn't ask the doctor to pause the exam, she asked a question and the doctor proceeded to pause to respond to her in a blunt/rude way. I agree that you should look at the bright side and be happy that baby is healthy. I do understand however the disappointment you feel by your doctor being less than nice to you. I'm sorry that happened, now you know not to see that specific doctor again. I certainly wouldn't. Good luck!
  • Options

I have a feeling OP is really young and a total drama queen.

• Options
    Actually, it sounds to me like the OP might be a little younger and the doctor/tech (however that pans out) was maybe having a negative opinion on that? Thoughts?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Actually, it sounds to me like the OP might be a little younger and the doctor/tech (however that pans out) was maybe having a negative opinion on that? Thoughts?

Doubt that's why. I am not super young (late 20's) and my doctor/tech wasn't fuzzy in the least bit. I asked if she could tell the sex and she said, this is a medical exam if I can see if I will let you know if not then you will have to go for an elective. She waved the wand over the babies bottom half and said no, legs are closed. And that was the entirely of what was said during my entire scan other than baby looks good. If I would have asked if spectators could have come in/be tagged out and looked or gotten upset I guarantee I would have gotten the same lecture.

Was I disappointed that she wasn't warm and fuzzy? a little. Did I get over it and realize what is important instead of crying on TB. Yup, in about three seconds.

Also, when I went for my 30 week growth scan I asked IF there was time AND IF it wasn't a problem could my husband please come in AFTER the procedure and see some of the photos since he was away from 8 weeks until 22 weeks and never saw an ultrasound. And I did this BEFORE the ultrasound and the lady was all...I guess we will allow it this time but usually we don't. I told her if it was an issue we are ok with it because I understand its not for funsies. She brought my husband in for two seconds and showed him the babies face and then asked him to leave. I was very grateful she allowed it since I know that she didn't have to.

What do people expect? I would be pissed if I was trying to do my serious medical job and drama queens started acting like it was a funzies time.

• Options

Like I said earlier, my tech was very short and blunt with her answers. I'm 31 years old so it wasn't about my age or being judgey. I'm pretty sure it was partially her personality and partially about the fact that their schedule seemed quite hectic. The fact that I heard some questions being asked by some obvious speshul sneuxflakes probably didn't help her mood either.
    I'm obsessed with your use of special snowflakes :) Especially the spelling!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    This girl posted on our BMB with the EXACT same title and all. She didn't like the responses she got there either.  L-) Face Palm Please. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Curiosity is killing me! Which BMB did she have a meltdown on? Or did I just miss the link? (Going to recheck thread)
    I think it was March '15.

@Swoon13‌ no it was May 15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"