VBAC

Unsuccessful vbac

Well, girls I tried my best, but it wasn't meant to be. I am ok with it though as the hospital let me try everything from walking during early labor, being able to move around during labor, trying every possible  way to push and only sent me when she was in distress. Like last time there was just a point baby wouldn't descend any further. They think it must be something with my pelvis. This is the last planned baby, but if anything changes/happens I am just going to schedule a c-section. I am truly thankful that I had the opportunity to try. Best of luck to everyone else though!!

Re: Unsuccessful vbac

• I'm sorry the VBAC you hoped for didn't work out, but it sounds like you had a trial of labor that you can be very proud of. I know recovering from labor and a c-sec is tough, emotionally as well as physically. Wishing you a speedy recovery. May those new baby snuggles have extra healing powers. :-)
  • Thank you! There was a moment at the end I felt cheated again, but after all was said and done I realized that unlike last time I was able to try everything and be mobile the entire time. I felt too that my body once again let me down, but decided to not dwell on that as there is nothing I can do about it. Now, the only regret I have is having to wait so long to hold her, but I am making up for that :).

Thanks for the speedy recovery wishes- so far its going ok. It was the same with my first- labor and section so at least I know how it goes.  I've been more mobile and am starting to feel a bit better day by day. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Rhapsody04 How brave & strong u r!!! I would love vba2c however after reading ur story I'm reminded baby1 was fulled engaged but my doc was concerned with her low hb so we opted for c-sec. I do remember doc advising subseq deliveries by c-sec due to my pelvis not opening enough for vag.

With that being said, I will accept a safe delivery over potential probs. Kudos to u & all others on happy healthy births & wishing swift recoveries filled with oodles of snuggles!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"