TTC after 35
Options

My RE visit really wasn't an RE visit at all (RAGE!) *previous losses mentioned*

I copy and pasted this from the TTCAL board because if I have to type it all out again I may break something! 

First I want to say thank you to everyone who was thinking about me for my first RE visit today 

Second, I want to rage right now. I have been waiting for this appointment of 2 months. I go into the office and the Dr seems nice enough. He starts talking about what testing they would do throughout my pregnancy to ensure everything was ok, like a check at so many weeks to monitor the hearbeat, etc., etc. 

It took me a minute and then it clicked. I asked him what type of Dr he was and he said a high risk pregnancy Dr. I said "you aren't an RE?", and he said no. What. The. FUCK? 

He told me that, to be honest, he was a little confused as to why I was there. Yeah, you and me both buddy! He told me that normally you see an RE and THEN a high risk Dr. No shit, I am not pregnant and have had no tests done so why would I even need to see you right now?? 

He felt really bad for me, because I was so frustrated I started to cry. I could tell that MH was getting upset. Here we are, finally after 2 months, to get this show on the road and it was for nothing. 

I called my OBGYN office and they swore to me that they send you there first. I asked why in the hell would they do that if someone doesn't even know if they can have a viable pregnancy. Bah!

I called the RE that the high risk Dr. recommended and have an appointment for January 21st...so more waiting. Their office was also confused as to why my OB sent me to a high risk Dr before seeing an RE. 

On a side note, the Dr I saw was very nice but I felt there were a couple of red flags:

1. He told me that he really thinks this will work out for me and patients that come see him usually end up coming back with good news (wtf, really??) 

2. He sees no reason why I won't have a successful pregnancy (with no testing at all!?!?) 

3. He told me that since I got pregnant 3 times, he sees no reason why we need to wait to TTC again. Ummm, maybe because I have no idea if there is anything wrong with me or MH yet?? 

Sorry so long, and if you read this I really appreciate it. If you didn't I completely understand, I really just needed to get this off my chest because the couple of people I've talked to IRL don't seem to think this waiting game is a big deal. 
I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

Re: My RE visit really wasn't an RE visit at all (RAGE!) *previous losses mentioned*

• Options
    Ugh, I am so sorry for that experience. I would have been livid, too. I am not a medical professional, but I don't understand this doctor's advice to you, either.

I hope that you can find the right doctor soon. I only had to wait two weeks for a RE at my local clinic. I just took the first available, and he was a good fit. I hope you find the same. You never know--you might be able to get a canceled slot from someone else.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    So sorry for you having to go through all that! I love how the OBGYN office tried to validate what they did when everyone else involved seemed to know it was not correct. At least with the holidays the next few weeks should fly by and you will be that much closer to your actual RE apt. Wishing you a stress free and happy holidays! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh - so sorry that this was a big mess. Hopefully the ACTUAL RE appointment goes better. hugs!!
  • Options
    Arghh! I would be livid too!
    Sucks that this all takes so much time to figure uou what might be going on anyway...without a total waste if time thrown in!
    Hugs and here's to next time being the charm!
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • Options
    oh my gosh I would be raging too! That really sucks, I'm sorry :(

I know you have an appt already set up with the RE suggested by the high risk doc, but if you're not sure about him, are you sure about the doc he recommended? Maybe since you have some time between now that that next appt, you can see if there are any other REs in the area who might have an open spot sooner?
  • Options
    Thanks for listening to my venting, ladies  >:D<

When I asked the RE about cancellations she said they don't have a list and I would have to call. I guess that means call and bother them ever day? :-/ I am sure that will go over well! lol

@flyliceandcoffee I was going to do some research on this one to see what feedback they have. Good idea to call around in the meantime to see if someone else can get me in! 

It seems to be the norm around her to have a month or longer wait for this. 
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Options
    tlc35tlc35 member
    edited December 2014
    Lurking

Gah, I'm so sorry.  That is ridiculous!
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Options
    It really is, @tlc35! GRRRR

@Hooligans4 I could probably use you. When I got frustrated and cried I said I was sorry and the Dr said "no need to apologize, you're actually taking this much better than I thought and better than most have"

Then I called my OB's office and ended up saying I was sorry for being so frustrated. 

I suck :|

• Options
    I'm sorry. That is awful! I was lucky and did not have to wait long for my RE consult, I agree to potentially shop around? I am not insured for this stuff so it didn't matter who I picked.
  • Options
    I am so sorry you had to go through that - you handled it much better than I would've.  I hope things take a turn for the better and you can move forward with an RE.
  • Options
    So frustrating--I'm sorry!  I hope you're able to find a doctor you like (and hopefully get in before the 21st).
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    thank you so much, ladies! <3

• Options
    I would have reacted the same way!! So sorry. The waiting sucks!! Hoping you can get in with someone else sooner.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry, that is ridiculous.

I'm not a medical professional, and I hope what the Doctor says to you ends up being true, but to advise you without testing is stupid. I hate it when Doctors tell you stuff just to try and make you feel better.

I hope Jan 21 comes quickly for you!!
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    Awe that sucks! I can imagine your frustration. Hang in there and here's to hoping time flies by for you.
    Me 42, DH 33, TTC for about a year naturally (but no protection for 4 yrs). Together 6 yrs, married June 2014.
    CD 3, FSH of 15, E2 67, AMH 0.43, LH 6.2, normal HSG test
    DH good count but low volume, 87% motility, 1% morphology
    IUI#1 - Nov 2014, 100 mg clomid and HCG, 2 large follies 20 & 16mm (7 follies total). BFN
    IVF# 1 Jan 2014, 225 Gonal F, 225 Menopur, Ganirelix, 4R/3M/1F w/ICSI - PUPO!

• Options
    That sucks! Seems today was a bad day for doc visits. Was their a full moon or something? Hope the 21st goes awesome for you.
    me:41   dh:43 
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
    12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    That blows BIG TIME! Ugh! I'm so sorry!! How frustrating that happened to you! I can't imagine ANYONE who wouldn't think that waiting for a doctor's for two months only to find out it's the WRONG DOC and you have to wait another month isn't a big deal! 
    Here's hoping the time flies by. HUGS
                                     *******SIGGY WARNING/Chlidren mentioned***********

ME: 41 ----- DH: 43
                                                       MARRIED: 5/3/14
                                                   DS,17   DD,16   DD,12   DS,10
                                                               TR: 4-2-12
                                             TTC our 1st love child! No luck so far! 

• Options
    That is ridiculous! I'm so sorry this happened to you!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Holy crap!!! I am so irritated for you. That sucks balls, I'm so sorry you waited all that time for that crap. Well I hope you can get in to see a real RE a lot sooner than 2 months. If you have the option meet with more than one to save yourself some time and you can choose the one you feel is the best fit.
    I'm sorry!
  • Options
    What the hell? I'm so sorry! How frustrating. I actually AM a medical professional and I'm suspect of this doc's comments to you. Ugh ugh ugh! Definitely call around and see if you can get in somewhere else sooner. Good luck!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    I am so sorry, that is such a let down.  Waiting is absolutely the worse and you think you are finally moving forward and now more waiting!  For this board, when you're ready and needing to move forward, we really need to!

How on earth can he say you shouldn't have any issues?  What a dumb fuck!
    41 & single; DX:  PCOS
    TTC #1 with IUI and donor sperm
    First IUI May, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Second IUI July, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Third IUI Dec, 2014, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = BFN
    Fourth IUI Feb 2015, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = C/P :(

• Options
    *****lurking*****

Oh honey I am so sorry.  What a horrible mix up to have happen.  I am so sorry you had such an incompetent doctor.  The waiting game is horrible.  FX this next appt gets you the answers you need.  Big hugs for you.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    edited December 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    So sorry for you. The waiting is horrible and to only find out it was not even the right kind of Dr for you and you have to wait more, well is sucks monkey balls.  I hope you can call around and find a RE to get you in quicker and I hope you can find a good fit for you.  
  • Options
    ugh... May I call the ob office and bitch them out for you?  Not really but I am so sorry and very frustrated along with you.

I hope you get into the RE very, very soon and this experience passes quickly.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, it helps to hear that others are ragey with me :) 

My next appointment is Jan 21st so another month. And then if my cycle isn't at the right time for the tests, that will be mean ANOTHER month. 

I just don't know right now. Sometimes I wonder if I should just throw in the towel and move on with our lives. 

Sorry I am so blah :( 

• Options
    I understand your frustration @Nikolie93 ... having doubting days is so normal with the emotional (as well as physical and financial) aspects of ttc.  Hoping your day gets brighter!
  • Options
    Nikolie93 said:
    Thanks ladies, it helps to hear that others are ragey with me :) 

My next appointment is Jan 21st so another month. And then if my cycle isn't at the right time for the tests, that will be mean ANOTHER month. 

I just don't know right now. Sometimes I wonder if I should just throw in the towel and move on with our lives. 

Sorry I am so blah :( 
    No throwing in the towel.  This is just a little speed bump in your journy.  Hang in there.  FX that timing is right for ya.
  • Options
    @nikolie93 don't throw in the towel in frustration!  If you are at peace, yes, that's your choice.. but in frustration- no way!! Besides, I'd miss you here (and it's all about me right LOL)

I do get it though.  Sometimes you are just like wtf? but hopefully we'll have a great end result will be worth all of it!  When DH and I talked last night he said something profound... even if our journey doesn't end where we expect at least we'll know we didn't leave anything on the table. Yeah.. not letting that towel hit the ground. :) 
    me:41   dh:43 
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
    12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Yuck, I know how frustrating it is to have to wait, and wait, and wait some more. People think waiting for 4 or 6 or whatever months is no big deal but depending on your numbers it could very well be a big deal. 

Here's to hoping your next appointment aligns with your CD.  
    Me: 37
    DH: 35
    Married: 9/26/2011
    Hormones: All normal except AMH: Sept 2014 .022, Jan 2015 .05

My Ovulation Chart

My Babies 
  • Options
    WTF is wrong with your Drs office?  I am so sorry you had to go through that, wait 3 months and now wait a little longer.  Rant and yell here all you want.  that is what we are here for. Hugs!!
    ****Siggy Warning***
    ~Formerly ABabyMabe4us

Me(35) Him(35) Untied for life 4/1/2015.
    TTC Our 1st since 8/2014
    MC @ 7 weeks 5/2014
    Me: DD#1 3/2000, DD#2 6/2001, DS 5/2003
    BFP: 2/19/2015 EDD: 11/1/2015 IT'S A BOY!!!!

• Options
    @nikolie93, please don't throw in the towel.  You really need to meet with the RE first and see what they have to say and what they can do for you.  Don't let your frustration impact this!!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. You are all so very awesome!

I shouldn't have even said that about throwing in the towel but I am just so frustrated and the thought of waiting another month than another month after that if I am not at the right time during my cycle for the tests, just leaves me feeling a bit discouraged. It's very hard for my project management mind to not be able to plan and it seems as if our lives have been on hold for so long already. I don't want it to tear MH and I apart by not enjoying life, ya know? 

Oh yeah @vh2014, thanks for saying you'd miss me <3 

• Options
    Totally get it.  EVERY month is too long.  We say this to ourselves EVERY damn month we don't get pregnant.  SUCKS big time.  Sorry.  Happy thoughts for moving forward to January!
    **child mentioned**
    Me(38)PCOS/Hypothyroid   DH(43)Low T/ED
    MMC at 10 weeks 03/2011 DD born 01/2012   TTC #2 since 04/2014
    BFP 8/26/2016

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"