March 2015 Moms
Options

How Far is Your Hospital?

Just wondering... mine is like a mile away if I am home... but 36 miles from work (1-1.5 hour commute). I'm hoping to work from home at 36w+.

imageimageimage

Re: How Far is Your Hospital?

• Options
    About 5 minutes from my house.

• Options
    Is there a "too far"? I mean, realistically, how far would you want to be from the hospital?

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    20-30 minutes, depending on traffic.

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms
  • Options
    10 min from home, 15-20 from work.
  • Options
    Less than 10 minutes. When I delivered there before, we lived less than 3 minutes away from it which was super nice.
  • Options
    As long as traffic is behaving, about 20 minutes from home. It's a tad closer when I'm at work.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 28 | SO: 28
    BFP: July 22, 2014 | EDD: March 28, 2015
    For Suzy and all M15 Loss Moms
  • Options
    I am 10-20 minutes from both work and home depending on traffic. 
    BFP #1 1/4/14  |  Diagnosed with Trisomy 13 at 12 weeks 3/6/14  |  MMC 3/21/14  |   D&C 3/24/14
    BFP #2 7/1/14  |  DS born March 2015
    BFP#3 5/22/17 | MC 6/17/17 at 7w3d
  • Options
    It's about 5 min. away from my house and 15 min. away from my work.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    RQuinlin, are you nervous about the drive? It makes me nervous about work and I am hoping to use it as an excuse to stay home... I guess just head in earlier during labor?

imageimageimage
  • Options
    About 10-15 depending on the time of day. If i happen to go into labor in the middle of the night we could probably get there in about 7 minutes speeding through town lol and about the same with my work since i work about 3 blocks away from my house lol i mean ya i think there is Prob a too far but if you can't help it then you can't help it. Like i just saw on TV this couple who lived out of the city (can't remember what city) and knew that there was a huge blizzard coming and decided to stay with a friend in town until the blizzard was over which was good they did cuz she ended up having the baby during the blizzard and would not have been able to get into town from their house. So if you think something like that could happen i would Def plan ahead. Where i live or is definitely a possibility that we could get snow in March and my car which is what we will be taking to the hospital will not make it off we got a substantial amount of snow so my mom would be on standby with her truck in that case.
    Pregnancy Ticker

imagephoto pgal_zps8d04c926.pngphoto mom2015_zpsb124dd59.pngimage

March 15' January Siggy Callenge: Animals Being Jerks
    photo jerks_zpsk4p1dtwb.gif

photo candle_zpslg8yegqf.gif
    For @suzyq0525 and all of our other M15 loss moms
  • Options
    Mine is about 20 minutes away, more if it's during rush hour. I am nervous because we picked our hospital, then suddenly the city decided a year long road construction needs to happen. It's a nightmare during rush hour :/.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @RQuinlin‌ mine is pretty far as well. About fifty miles, but over an hour with traffic. We do have a hospital that is closer, but I switched OB's because I wasn't satisfied with the level of care or the hospital. I would much rather take my chances at the the practice/hospital I am with now, despite the extra twenty-thirty minute drive. I plan to discuss the distance/develop a plan of action with my OB at my next appointment.
  • Options
    About 15 minutes. With DD we lived more like 30 minutes from the same hospital but I'll be glad to be a bit closer this time around.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MC: 2/19/14

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    The hospital I plan on delivering at, where my OB partners with, is about 45-50 minutes away. However, there are at least 4 hospitals within 20 minutes of my home and work in case of emergency
  • Options
    Hospital is about 10-15 minutes away from work and about 10 minutes away from home. I have backup plans in case I go into labor at work and H is at work or school. He's about 20-25 minutes away at work and 15-20 from school (unless he drives like a bat out of hell, as usual, in which case the drive is much shorter for him).
  • Options
    The hospital l'll be delivering at is about 20 minutes from home (no traffic) and 30 from work without traffic, 45 minutes right now. But if I went into labor at work, I'd have to make arrangements with my husband - either picking him up or he could get the hourly train to my office.
  • Options
    mandi195 said:

The hospital I plan on delivering at, where my OB partners with, is about 45-50 minutes away. However, there are at least 4 hospitals within 20 minutes of my home and work in case of emergency

Yes, this for me as well. If it is an emergency I will certainly head to the closer hospital.
  • Options
    nomnommamanomnommama member
    edited December 2014
    8 minute cab ride door to door.
    BabyFruit Ticker 
      imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    30 or so minutes for us. There is a much closer hospital, but my midwives do not deliver there.
  • Options
    Mine is about 20 away from my house. We have a hospital here in town but they arent aloud to deliver babys. i also dont like the hospital at witch im gonna be delivering. I would rather drive the 45 mins to a different hospital, but i dont think my dr delivers there. :-/
  • Options
    About 8 minutes.  Going to be very convenient for DH.
    photo 2eaeec32-4781-4bd4-a9e0-fe86f486b516.jpg

~~~~For SuzyQ and all our loss moms~~~~

Met: 02.2007 / Engaged: 11.21.2009 / Married: 07.09.2010

EDD: 03.02.2015 / Scheduled Delivery Date: 02.25.2015

• Options
    15 minutes from home anytime of day and 30-60 minutes from work, depending on traffic. There are a couple of closer hospitals if an emergency occurs at work, but I would prefer not to use them. My OB's office is connected to the preferred hospital.
  • Options
    Birth center is about 15-20 min from both work and home. Hospital is literally 30 seconds from birth center in case of an emergency transfer. NICU transfer would be by ambulance to local children's hospital, about 20 minutes.
    For Suzy and our M15 Loss Moms
  • Options
    Mine is less than 5 min away. It's the only one for hours in all directions so I'm glad I'm close.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    15 minutes, less if we get all green lights.
    for SuzyQ and all who have lost

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The hospital I'm delivering at is in another town but it shouldn't take us more than 15-20 minutes. That's all depending on the lack of spring snow storms of course :)
  • Options
    SkrittensSkrittens member
    edited December 2014
    The hospital is about 10 min from home (under 3 miles), or from work a 30min. Train ride and 3 minute walk from the train. If there is a snow storm - that might be another issue.

My dr said if I go into labor at work to take the train and walk to the hospital. He said his patients for over 20 years have done that and no issues. Seriously. That makes me a little nervous...
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• Options
    15 mins from both home and work, less if the freeway is clear. :)
  • Options
    15-45 minutes from my house depending on traffic and time of day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    We have two hospitals both about 15 minutes away. We could get there faster at night than in the middle of the day.
  • Options
    I'm in the same predicament. I work 1.5 hr from home. My hospital is <10 min away from my house but a solid 1.5 hr from work. And the hospitals around my work SUCK BALLS. I'm worried about driving home in early labor or having my water break at work -- going to discuss w/ midwives as we get closer. I imagine I'll just play it by ear & have a low threshold for staying home if the weather is bad, or if I feel bad at all.
  • Options
    Exactly 4 miles, a 9-10 minute drive. It's pretty much 2 streets away from me in the boro. 

image image
    imageimage
  • Options
    Around 10-15 minutes, though rush hour in Atlanta can be a little crazy.  It is the same distance from work as home, which is really nice.  
  • Options
    PHNJennaPHNJenna member
    edited December 2014
    5 miles about 10 minutes drive- and even closer to work about a mile
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    TTC since March 2014
    BFP 6/23/2014
    EDD: 3/3/2015 BOY! Connor James

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    The hospital I will deliver at is about 30 minutes away and has thw best nicu around. And the nicest facilities as well. There are two hospitals within 10 minutes of my house and another 2 within 20 minutes, so worst case scenario I would go to one of those.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Less than a mile from home and a mile and a half from work. We live in a major city and walk everywhere. My husband is mystified why we need to drive home from the hospital. I put my foot down that he can go home and get the car and pick us up when it's time. I'm sure that once the time comes he will understand.

I keep reminding him of the time he had an emergency and we had to take a cab to the hospital- now it's my turn :smile:
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    40mins from home and work
  • Options
    I live and work in the same town. The hospital is only 10-15 min away depending on traffic.

BUT, My husband works 45min-1hr away. Praying I don't go into labor on a work day and if I do, I hope my H makes it.

Married the love of my life: 5-17-14

BFP:6-27-14

EDD:3-11-15

Step Mom to Z: 4-11-06

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!

• Options
    35 minutes from home and work :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"