Parenting

FTM Toddler Eating Question

I'm a newbie and first time mom so forgive my obviously silly fears here but my 18 month old has had a nasty upper resp virus for a week and has literally eaten about 15 goldfish, a kiwi or two and half a hot dog...which she threw up. She's feeling much better, no fever and a lot more active but I still cannot get her to eat. 

I know she's hydrated and thats what really matters but what kind of duration am I looking at here for the food strike? Another couple days? I know the standard reply is that she will eat when she's hungry but it still makes me nervous...shes a terrible eater in the first place....

Re: FTM Toddler Eating Question

• MrsT0514MrsT0514 member
    edited December 2014
    Same here. I let it all slide when he's sick. That means if he wants juice (watered down) instead of milk/water, goldfish and fruit or a pouch instead of an actual meal...so be it.

As long as your kiddo is hydrated, thats the most important thing right now. Food can take a bAck seat for a few days and thats ok. She will eat when she's hungry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DD is a terrible eater, so I understand.

Honestly-- try not to worry about it.  If she's drinking liquids, what about clear broth?  It will give her a few extra calories.

I promise, she will eat when she is hungry.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • My kid loves the Pedialyte freeze pops when sick...maybe give those a try. Mine usually won't eat much for a few days after being super sick.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks all. She's been refusing everything but fruit but last night I got some quesadilla into her and this morning she had some english muffin and watermelon. Hopefully we're on the mend!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"