August 2014 Moms

What does your LO wear to bed?

I know this has come up before but now that it's almost officially winter, I'm curious as to what everyone's LO is wearing to sleep.

We have DS in a long sleeved onesie and then swaddled. And I *grasp* put a blanker over his lower half. The blanket is stretched across the crib and tucked in tight on both sides. We won't use the blanket once we stop swaddling. Oh, and our thermostat is set to 70 during the night but it always feels much cooler than that!

Re: What does your LO wear to bed?

• She wears a onesie with her Zipadee Zip or just the zipadee. Our house is pretty toasty with the heater.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My child is extremely warm so if we put too many layers on him he wakes up all sweaty and cranky. He gets this trait from DH. He is either in fleece footie pajamas or cotton footie pajamas and a cotton sleep sack and even then he sometimes wakes up really warm. The mattress pad we have under the sheet is also fleece so I am not sure if that is contributing to him being warm.
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD wears footed sleep n plays as jammies plus swaddled in a miracle blanket and with a blanket. The nursery *gasp* space heater says her room is 64 but my skin feels say more like 68. If you're gasping over a tucked in blanket around her lower half, I'm not even going to describe our banket situation ;)

For comfort for those of you wondering how dare I risk her life with a space heater- her room opens into ours (1908 wonky home) so the space heater is about 10 feet from where I'm sleeping.
  • Long sleeve cotton onesie, fleece sleep sac, and blanket tucked in to bottom of PnP.
  • Since birth along sleeved footed pajamas and a blanket over his lower half. Now that he has his helmet, a short sleeved onesie and socks. We keep the house around 70 w either heat or ac.
  • She sleeps in either cotton or fleece footed sleepers. She seems fine with either. We tuck a lightweight flannel blanket over her bottom half. She has slept this way since birth (we never swaddled). Our bedrooms stay really warm when the furnace is on so I don't want to overdress her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We put her in a short sleeve onsie, a sleeper, and then put her in a long sleeve sleep sac. We never swaddled because she hated it.
    Married June 2012
    DH: 31 Me: 30 dx PCOS 2001
    Surprise BFP 12/8/13 EDD 8/14/14
    Stroke: 3/15/14 dx expressive aphasia: had to relearn how to communicate
    Charlotte Joy Born 8/9/14

• We keep our house at 73. She sleeps in either a long sleeve or short sleeve onesie depending on the thickness of her pjs. Then footed pjs (a few are fleece, a few are cotton) and a cotton sleep sack. Her crib sheet is flannel, which seems to help keep her warm. I do a blanket during the day for naps.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• @dvmmomma‌ I have a space heater in the nursery as well. Her room is 10 degrees cooler than the rest of the house. Our room is down the hall. She sleeps in cotton footed pajamas with a cotton sleep sack or footed fleece pajamas by themselves. She stays pretty warm and the heater is set at 68 which keeps the room around 70.
  • Cotton or fleece footed pjs then either cotton or fleece swaddle me blanket depending on how chilly it is that night, we also have long sleeve sleep sacks insead of the swaddle for time to time.

• Footie pjs and then zipped into a sleep sack. The pjs are cotton or flannel, depending how cold the night is.

image    image
  • Long sleeve footed pjs with short sleeve onesie under. We keep the thermostat set on 71-72.
  • My child is extremely warm so if we put too many layers on him he wakes up all sweaty and cranky. He gets this trait from DH. He is either in fleece footie pajamas or cotton footie pajamas and a cotton sleep sack and even then he sometimes wakes up really warm. The mattress pad we have under the sheet is also fleece so I am not sure if that is contributing to him being warm.
    Copy this to my kid, except he gets it from me. His hands are usually cold in the morning because we run a fan in the room, but other than that he is always still toasty.
    Do we have the same child? His hands are always cold too and nothing I do makes a difference so as long as the rest of him is warm I don't worry.
  • Pink021 said:

what have I missed, why the "gasping" over a space heater?

LO wears a long sleeved onesie, fleece footed pjs and a cotton swaddle sleep sack. (we keep our house cooler or otherwise we can't sleep)

Some people get very concerned that space heaters can be a fire hazard.
  • LO wears long sleeve footed pj's with magic sleepsuit over it. Our thermostat is set on 65.
  • Footie PJ's, either fleece or cotton, and swaddled in a cotton SwaddleMe or fleece Halo sleepsack swaddle (we just bought this for winter).  We keep our thermostat at 68-70, but he is still in our room, which is over the garage, and that makes our room much colder. I also have a crocheted blanket that I put over his lower half--the NP at his pedi office said it was safe enough to use for now because of the holes. We will probably ditch it once he's rolling over and out of the swaddle. 

• Cotton sleep and play under a sleeveless fleece sleep sack. I never put fleece directly on his skin. I personally hate the feel of any fabric besides cotton on my skin so I am not putting it on him either.
  • We have another baby that runs warm. He gets it from me. We wear cotton onesie or footie (depending on how cool it is outside) and super swaddle in a muslin blanket and a flannel receiving blanket. our house is kept at 72 but his room tends to get way cooler whether AC or Heat is on. He sleeps great like this.
  • LO wears cotton footie pjs and a fleece sleep sack. Her room stays around 70- thankfully the video monitor has built in thermometer and displays temp because our split level house is hard to regulate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"