Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Eye Discharge, but no redness

My 6-week old has a crusty slightly mucusy eye.  No redness though.  Doesn't seem to be bothering him.  Any idea what it might be?  Most of the symptoms for eye baby problems like blocked tear duct mention redness in the eye, so I'm trying to figure out what this is. 

Re: Eye Discharge, but no redness

• Options
    DD had a blocked tear duct and there was never any redness.  It went away on its own. I think she was like 4 or 5 months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We had no redness with blocked tear duct, breast milk/massage cleared it in a day or two.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Agree with @Dani0329‌. Breast milk helped it go away for our LO in a couple days.
  • Options
    Just took DD to the doctor last night for something similar, crusty watery eye and it ended up being pink eye! She's now got ointment for it and it already seems better today. Maybe call a nurse at the pedi's office and see what they say?
  • Options
    LO had a blocked tear duct. I massaged it used breast milk etc. we got eye drops at his 2 month appt bc it hadn't cleared up but it's all clear now.
  • Options
    Breast milk did wonders for my LO!
    Married: 9.29.12 
    BFP: 6.8.14
    EDD: 2.20.15
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    My baby has blocked duct with no redness, the doctor massaged it for me and it went away pretty quickly after that. Get you nurse or doctor to do it, I was doing it too lightly
  • Options
    blocked tear duct for us, for 3 weeks but finally clearing up after wiping with warm wash cloth 3x/day.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    2 of my 4 girls had blocked tear ducts. My oldest they waited too long and had to go in as outpatient to have them opened at 2yrs old. My 3rd DD had it done at 1yr old in the Drs office. My 4th DD is 7wks old and has it. Praying it goes away on its own. I think having 3rd DDs done in the office was harder on me than her.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Options
    I am a certified ophthalmic assistant and strongly suggest a referral to an ophthalmologist. My 9 week old also keeps an eye that will get crusty sometimes from a slow tear duct. This is relatively quick to diagnose and they usually will not take action besides message and warm compresses until after 1 year of age. Should go away from 6 months to one year. If the eye runs clear there usually is no infection but if it runs yellow or green mucus and is constantly matted together you may have an infection on your hands. See your dr and follow instructions it should clear up with no problems!
  • Options
    DD has this now. I called her pediatricians office and the nurse said a warm compress 3-4 times a day with massaging will clear it up by Monday
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"