October 2013 Moms

New Year's Eve

KdansonKdanson member
edited December 2014 in October 2013 Moms
Tell me about your plans for the eve of the New Year!

New Year's Eve 88 votes

Will be staying home and keeping LO up to ring in the New Year
1% 1 vote
Will stay home and wake LO up at midnight
2% 2 votes
Staying home, but not waking/keeping LO up, are you crazy?!?!?!!!!!
85% 75 votes
Babysitter can do as they please, we are going to parrrrtaay!
6% 6 votes
Bringing LO out to some type of fireworks/celebration of some sort
3% 3 votes
Chole does not follow the tradition calendar and does not believe in the New Year/ SS
1% 1 vote

Re: New Year's Eve

• Staying home and I'm praying LO will sleep!
  • We always go to my mother's and ring in the new year there. It's just my mom, grandma and brother aside from me, dh and dd.  If dd gets up, she can stay up, if not, that's okay too.  I put SS
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I might stay up, but it'll just be me. Definitely not waking up LO. LOLing at the chole option.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a long standing tradition of going to PF Changs with our best friends, so we will likely do that and then go home. Definitely will not be waking her up if she's asleep, and I DO think that's a bit crazy especially this young.

Baby #2 EDD: May 13th!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • I'm on the same page with you all!

My crazy work friend couldn't believe that I'm not waking up DD at midnight.

Whhhhhyyyy would anyone do that? DD won't understand, will probably say fuck sleep afterwards, and be a cranky mess the next day. No thanks.

It does suck that I will be ringing in the New Year alone, but I will have rum, ice cream, and netflix. Copious amounts of all the above.
  • We are going to a friends house & either my mom or DH's mom is watching Joey. He'll be in bed before midnight.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    photo ae9d6512-aa3f-4ee3-9605-e9c1b685f0eb_zps385c8147.jpg
  • It's sad, but I couldn't care less about staying up for the ball drop. Why start the new year off tired??
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • We'll do the same as last year. I'll make several different finger foods for just MH and I. We'll put LO to bed and watch the Russian New Years celebration then drink champagne by the fire and go to bed at 12:30. I'm pretty excited!
  • We will stay home. I will not be waking up LO. And I will kill my husband if he wakes me up! New Years is not THAT exciting when you're 19 weeks along....
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• I chose are you crazy. We will be home and not waking up the kids. My son is almost 5 and I have never kept him up. He would never make it anyway. And I myself have not even been awake at midnight in prob 6 years since before DS was born. NYE isn't that important to me. Plus I feel much safer at my house than out with all the drunks that are driving. I would be drunk if I was out but I would not be driving!
  • We stay home and barely make it to midnight.. We usually fall asleep throughout the night, and whoever is awake at 11:55 wakes the other one up so we can watch the ball drop and stumble back into bed at 12:01. That's about as exciting as it gets here - no way am I waking up my kids for that. My DD is 5 and we still don't keep her up. She would never make it and I would be a crazy person to try.
    DD ~ 8/30/09 DS ~ 10/13/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"