Multiples
Options

New mom pregnant with twins!

I've never had kids before and my husband and I aren't in a financially comfortable place to have twins. I'm petite and a waitress, so there's a very good chance that our income will be dramatically reduced near the end of my pregnancy if/when I get put on bed rest then need time for recovery from a c-section. He keeps pushing for us to spend money on fixing up our house (understandable because it seems more like a bachelor pad right now, I've never been big on nesting until right about now) but I want to sock everything away in savings so I'm not a ball of stress at the end and during the first few months of having our beautiful babies. At the same time, I know that having our house feel like a "real home" and not having to worry about things like leaky faucets and old dirty carpets will make it easier to relax and enjoy our new family. In addition to all of this, I'm having a really hard time finding twin-specific help out there, even online. It seems that every site regurgitates the same basic information, and all the advice/information I get from friends and family refers to their singleton pregnancy as if it will be the same for me, just twice as hard or twice as expensive. As a minimalist, I want everything to be as practical as possible without losing out on comfort and ease of use. I must sound impossible, but this is what I'm going through and I'm really overwhelmed and stressed out right now. As of today I'm 15 weeks, and don't let me mislead you; despite all of this craziness my husband and I are beyond excited to meet our little sweetlings, and I'm especially excited to get through this pregnancy with my sanity (mostly) intact. Thanks in advance for any help or advice you ladies have to offer!

Re: New mom pregnant with twins!

• Options
    Welcome!! 

First and foremost, are you already on medicaid for your medical, or is it a private / company policy? I would strongly recommend looking into your eligibility for state assistance programs, if you don't have them already. WIC will also be a big help, if you qualify. If you are willing to share which state you live in, some of us may be able to help locate resources for people who need help getting stuff set up, too :) 

I've had two singletons and one set of twins. While my "pregnancy symptoms" with the twins weren't really that much different from my singletons, the complications were significant. How much do you know about your twins, right now? What sort of information are you looking for regarding your pregnancy and / or the little ones? 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Options
    I would recommend joining a local Mother of Twins Club- if there is one in your area.  They have biannual resales for everything you could need gear and clothing wise.  Also if they are like my club there is always someone selling something- from clothing, strollers, potties, etc.  Way to find things that are in great shape for cheap.

https://www.nomotc.org/  This is a link to the National organization- not all clubs are affiliated but this atleast gets you started.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ambs220 said:

I've never had kids before and my husband and I aren't in a financially comfortable place to have twins. I'm petite and a waitress, so there's a very good chance that our income will be dramatically reduced near the end of my pregnancy if/when I get put on bed rest then need time for recovery from a c-section. He keeps pushing for us to spend money on fixing up our house (understandable because it seems more like a bachelor pad right now, I've never been big on nesting until right about now) but I want to sock everything away in savings so I'm not a ball of stress at the end and during the first few months of having our beautiful babies. At the same time, I know that having our house feel like a "real home" and not having to worry about things like leaky faucets and old dirty carpets will make it easier to relax and enjoy our new family.
    In addition to all of this, I'm having a really hard time finding twin-specific help out there, even online. It seems that every site regurgitates the same basic information, and all the advice/information I get from friends and family refers to their singleton pregnancy as if it will be the same for me, just twice as hard or twice as expensive. As a minimalist, I want everything to be as practical as possible without losing out on comfort and ease of use. I must sound impossible, but this is what I'm going through and I'm really overwhelmed and stressed out right now.
    As of today I'm 15 weeks, and don't let me mislead you; despite all of this craziness my husband and I are beyond excited to meet our little sweetlings, and I'm especially excited to get through this pregnancy with my sanity (mostly) intact. Thanks in advance for any help or advice you ladies have to offer!

I sent you a PM!
    *** Siggy warning ***

DH: 31 normal
    Me: 31 tubal disease
    Married 2011
    TTC 2012
    Clomid x 2 with OBGYN: BFN
    IF testing 2013: blocked left tube, low AMH
    March 2014: Ectopic rupture, emergency surgery and D&C.  Absent left tube and now closed right tube
    October 2014: IVF with ICSI #1 - BFP (17r/14icsi/12f - 2ET 10/27; 7 frosties; Nov7 beta #1= 806; Nov10 beta #2= 2738; TWINS!!!!!  EDD late June/early July 2015)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"