April 2015 Moms
Options

24 weeks monday and only gained 5 pounds this pregnancy

I am worried because with my daughter I gained alot of weight. I was underweight with her. This second pregnancy is a boy and i feel like i should weigh more. I still was pretty small when i got pregnant. My question is should I be worried. I am and i dont think my doctor is up front. What foods will help me gain weight and what are the risk for not gaining much weight. I have maybe gained around 5 pounds

Re: 24 weeks monday and only gained 5 pounds this pregnancy

• Options
    Please refer to this thread. Get a new doctor, if you do not trust the one you currently have.

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• Options
    If your doctor had no concern you should be ok with that. If you don't believe your doctor is up front with you. You clearly don't trust your doctor, i would look for a new doctor.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think this fits.
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about it I'm having a little boy and I'm 23 weeks today and I've only gained 2 pounds. Your baby gets everything it needs before you do just keep eating and your baby will be fine my son is healthy and over a pound now and I still only have gained 2 pounds
  • Options
    I never said i didnt trust my doctor. Infact he is the only one around here remotely that i trust. I just dont think he doesnt want to freak me out. At my 28 week check up is when i get the lovely test so hopefully it will shed some light
  • Options
    Plus if you guys wanna be rude go ahead and not comment on this. For one it asked me to take a picture of my damn bump and i asked for advice not to be bashed
  • Options
    Thank you to everyone who was nice and gave usfull answers
  • Options
    jk3610jk3610 member
    edited December 2014
    Calm your tatas, OP. You asked for advice and people gave you an excellent piece of it: if you don't trust your doctor (which your post implies despite later claims of the contrary), find a new one.
    Also, i know the bump asks for a belly shot. Stick it to the man just this once and put a shirt on.

Edit because i can't type today.
    Together since 5.16.05 (16 & 19yo)
    Married since 3.6.10 (21 & 24yo)
    Baby Olivia coming 4.14.15 <3 (26 & 29yo)

January Siggy Challenge: Fitness Fails

• Options

enesset said:

i dont think my doctor is up front. 

You did say this. And this is a problem.

You should maybe re read what you original wrote. This does indicate you don't trust your doctor.

As much as you have the freedom to write any post you would like. We have the freedom to comment in any way we like. You cannot control people's responses.
  • Options
    RHoPA1109 said:

Also, please put your bare stomach away. Ain't nobody wanna see that.

I second this. Put your shirt down.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

And this seems like an appropriate direction for this thread ...image

I want all of those...immediately.
  • Options
    ShadeauxeShadeauxe member
    edited December 2014
    Milkshake and french fries are the perfect meal. Hot & salty + cold & sweet.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    K, I saw the bagel yesterday & had one for breakfast
    Now, I see milkshake. & I think I'll swing by Chickfila after work for an Oreo shake, yum!

& to OP- women come in all different sizes & shapes, when pregnant they all gain weight differently. That's why we get prenatal care to make sure the baby is doing well. Wish you a healthy pregnancy
    & if your doctor says to eat more, ask for suggestions. Or actually, that's a legitimate discussion for this board. Search healthy weight gaining food options, before posting though
    J+J 05.12  .  N 04.15  .   No.2 due 06.17
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had a candy cane + Oreo blizzard yesterday. Heaven!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"