Trouble TTC
Options

Started Clomid today....then my period started?!?!

I have a very irregular cycle. My last period was in June (with meds from my Dr). We have been TTC for 18 months. My Dr put me on Clomid (starting today as CD3) and told me I didn't need to have a period to start it, however shortly after taking it, I started my period. Can I get pregnant on my period or is it a bust?

Re: Started Clomid today....then my period started?!?!

• Options
    Maybe I'm missing something but without a period how did you know it was cd3? I would be calling the md.
    _____August BMB January Siggy Challenge___
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC#1 09/2011 * BFP 12/1/13* DD born 08/02/13 // TTC#2 10/2013 * BFP 12/22/14 * EDD 08/30/15

Anniversary

• Options
    It sounds like a poor plan to start Clomid when your last period was 6 months ago. 

If you get pregnant on a Clomid cycle, it will be after you have completed the pills anyway, so it's not a question of getting pregnant while you have your period. It's a question of whether the Clomid will help you ovulate when it is started CD1 (or CD -1?) instead of CD3-5.

Your lining needed to shed and regrow to have a healthy environment for pregnancy anyway. I would call your doctor and he/she may recommend not taking any more Clomid this cycle.

Are you working with an RE? Are you receiving ultrasound and bloodwork monitoring? If not, there are a host of major risks to you and your future reproductive health, the least of which would be not getting pregnant this cycle.

January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started Femera ( not Clomid but similar) without AF for 3 years because my lining was fine. This month again I barely had AF but lining was good so we are proceeding with another cycle. But you wouldn't know any of this if you were taking the meds from an OB who doesn't monitor. It is always best to go to a RE!
    Married: 12/15/2012    TTC: 08/2014
    Husband: 26 SA: normal
    Me: 23 Low AMH and damaged ovaries due to chemotherapy.
    No AF or O in 3 years. HSG showed a slight T shaped uterus.

High Risk OB 9/29- got the ok to get pregnant.
    RE Appt:  10/28/ U/S showed follicles, but also small damaged ovaries.
    B/W results CD0: all normal except low AMH at 1.3
    Cycle 1-November (TI)- Femera 2.5mg, 2mg Estradoil, and Trigger=BFN
    Cycle 2-December (TI)- Femera 2.5 mg ,4mg Estradoil, and Trigger= No O
    Cycle 3-January (TI)- Femera 5 mg, 2mg Estra
    doil, and Trigger=

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"