September 2012 Moms
Options

Hump day!

Re: Hump day!

• Options
    @mrskipper I hope he sleeps soon and you can get some rest too!  Hang in there mama!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options
    This is random, but I just saw that someone posted in the "What are you getting your LOs for Christmas" thread last night with the response "A scarf".  I don't recognize the poster and just thought it was odd. 

We have some drama going on at work with a new staff member and I'm waiting to see if I'll be pulled into a "mediation". 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsKipperMrsKipper member
    edited December 2014

Ugh, this is why I never get on my actual computer, my post was eaten and now I don't remember what I wrote. It was about Christmas cards. Whatevs, move along! 

Anniversary

• Options
    MRoxy0628 said:
    This is random, but I just saw that someone posted in the "What are you getting your LOs for Christmas" thread last night with the response "A scarf".  I don't recognize the poster and just thought it was odd. 

We have some drama going on at work with a new staff member and I'm waiting to see if I'll be pulled into a "mediation". 

I saw that post.  Totally weird.
  • Options
    I don't know what color her bathroom is :(  I need to go look at it, ha! 

I am also stealing the photo book idea and movie basket idea - thanks ladies!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    I would move heaven and hell to get a good housekeeper, (other than myself) it is definitely worth it to come home to a clean house instead of coming home to clean house. ;)
    I agree, but it is just turning into a much more difficult thing than I anticipated.  I mean its not like we are hoarders or live in ridiculous conditions, so it is going to be a huge PITA to clean or anything.

• Options
    loislayn said:
    loislayn said:
    After I started wellbutrin, my supply started to drop. I had almost weaned and then decided I wasn't ready so now I'm trying to pump every 2.5 hours to get my supply back. My nips are on fire and are cracked and bleeding again, just like that first week of nursing crap. OUCH.
    I'm sorry @loislayn. Can I just say, life has thrown some curveballs at you this year, and you kept going. Hang on a little longer, lady, things will turn the corner. We are all here for you if you need to vent. You are a rockstar for pushing through it.
    Thanks, love. 2015 better kick ass.
    You deserve for 2015 to kick ass!  Thinking of you lady, I know all of this has been much harder than anyone could have anticipated!  

• Options
    kelbel527 said:

Can I be stressed out and negative on here for a minute?  I have no one to stress out to in real life that is providing me any kind of encouragement.  I tried to talk to my mom and, as usual, she is the opposite of helpful or supportive.  Ok, here goes: 

We have to drive to NY this weekend for DH's family Christmas party.  5 hours up Saturday, 5 hours back Sunday.  Then, on Christmas day, 4 days later, we have to rush through the kids opening gifts so we can get back in the car and drive 5 hours back to NY to make a 5 p.m. dinner with SD's and stay there until Saturday to drive 5 hours back.

I knew this was happening for a while now, but it kind of hit me this week when I started making my mental to-do list.  I am not looking forward to any of it AT ALL.

Ugh.  That sounds exhausting.  Is there any wiggle room in the plans?  Anyway you can extend the one this weekend so you're not doing 10 hours in two days?  

While we have a busy two days, it isn't insane and we don't have to travel far.  We've cut down a little bit on how many things we do because we want to enjoy it as well.  

Is there anything fun you can at least incorporate into the car ride?  Do you have lots of Christmas music for the car?  

Unfortunately, theres no way to extend the weekend because neither myself or DH can take that much time off work since we both have to take time the following week due to Maya's break from school.  Plus the hotel is $120 a night, so there's that.  DH has satellite radio, so theres plenty of Christmas music and I have toys for the kids in the car.  I just hope the weather stays clear
    NY is on a storm watch on Sunday just and FYI
  • Options
    I am still so effing sick.  Today I woke up with a swollen throat and burning ears!  Yay!  Winn was so cute trying to kiss me last night.  It made me so happy, but I felt bad because she didn't understand why I wouldn't kiss her.  She chased me yelling, "kiss me mommy!"
    Love the cute kissing story, not that you're sick.  Can you call the dr. again and tell them it's getting worse? 
  • Options
    I am still so effing sick.  Today I woke up with a swollen throat and burning ears!  Yay!  Winn was so cute trying to kiss me last night.  It made me so happy, but I felt bad because she didn't understand why I wouldn't kiss her.  She chased me yelling, "kiss me mommy!"
    I was so hoping that you were starting to feel better!  Is the tylenol helping at all?  

That is very sweet of W, I hate when they don't understand.  I hope you feel better quickly and get to kiss W!  
    :)

• Options
    I would pay someone a million bucks right now to clean my house. After being sick all last week, it's just staring me down like the big daunting mess it is. I still don't have enough energy back to really attack it.

I'm sorry it's been tough finding someone @willy_gert‌. I'd be super frustrated, too!

Anniversary

• Options
    Sleep success!!! Just in time to wake him back up to go pick up Nola in 20 minutes. Yay life!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2014
    @loislayn you seriously have been a rock star with everything you have going on. I hope you're able to get your supply back up!

Anniversary

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    edited December 2014
    DH has done nothing in way of gifts for his family this year so I am trying to come up with ideas. Would you appreciate a foodie basket (cookbooks, specialty ingredients, small kitchen gear, etc), movie baskets, something else? 

For a movie basket (for a couple I usually buy individual gifts for) I am thinking a GC to a local restaurant, a newish movie, boozey hot chocolate ingredients (or wine!), popcorn and some specialty toppings. Am I missing something obvious?

Any other genius themed ideas that would be easy and liked?
    Only to here so sorry if this is a repeat. I don't actually like disc movies. They take up space and we never watch them. I got my niece a Netflix subscription for her going to college gift. That works out well if you know they don't have it already. Or a bit more pricey but something like the Chromecast ($30), again if they don't have it and would probably use it. Or just doing a "date night in" basket with a take out/delivery place gift card, booze, movie theater candy and popcorn.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I follow a girl with a blog on Facebook and she does this thing where you post your amazon wish list and then you buy something off of someone's wish list (within reason) and send it to them. Last year she only had a few hundred likes, this year she has over 10,000. I don't have a wish list but I contemplated making one just for that. Then I felt icky and gift grabby and closed the page.

I think it's a fun idea, but with that many people on the page, I just feel like it's a bit overwhelming.

Oh, and you pick someone yourself, so no matching up or anything like what we do.

Anniversary

• Options
    https://hip2save.com/2014/12/17/amazon-gift-card-lightning-deals-starting-soon-save-on-american-eagle-the-limited-ihop-more/
    Did anyone see that Amazon is doing gift card deals today?  The only Christmas present I have left to buy is a GC to The Limited, so hopefully that one is 20% off like the rest of them have been! :-) 

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    @hyaline your letter is top notch!!!! I loved it!

@MrsKipper I feel you (and feel for you) on the shots. Hopefully he'll go down for a looonnnng nap soon!

@LoisLayn you seriously are Super Woman, and have handled everything so well! You're an awesome momma :)
  • Options
    Have you thought about going in to get checked out? Maybe your flu has evolved?! Eeek. Feel better soon, lady!

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am going to try to bake cookies for Maya's class tonight.  I have so much anxiety about it.  I am not a baker.  I should really just go to the store and buy some.  Stupid mom guilt and Pinterest.
  • Options
    I was so hoping that you were starting to feel better!  Is the tylenol helping at all?  

That is very sweet of W, I hate when they don't understand.  I hope you feel better quickly and get to kiss W!  
    :)
    Thank you :)  Yes, the tylenol keeps my head from exploding.  I'm thinking 3 days of taking it might be pushing it.  I have a doc appt tomorrow.

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    edited December 2014
    What's up.  I like Christmas letters because they're usually awful, disgustingly boastful, or I actually appreciate the update (the minority). 

I don't have a thing for MIL or FIL for Christmas.  MIL asked for bath towels and now BIL & SIL are wanting to go in together on some.  What?  I mean, why the F would we split the cost of bath towels when she really does a lot for our kids.  What counts as bath towels?  I'm thinking 6-8 large white nice towels?  I don't even know what color to do other than white. 
    I like giving nice bath towels. Macy's Hotel Collection are great. They are on sale for $30 a towel, but Macy's is always on ebates for extra back. I get either white or cream depending on if I know their bathroom decor.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    I am going to try to bake cookies for Maya's class tonight.  I have so much anxiety about it.  I am not a baker.  I should really just go to the store and buy some.  Stupid mom guilt and Pinterest.
    Cookie bars!  That is my go to, because I seriously cannot bake a cookie to save my life!  But I can make cookie bars, or put cookie dough in our brownie pan!  Don't stress, its not worth it and chances are the kids are going to be super excited about the cookie and won't give a damn about what it looks like!

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    edited December 2014
    MrsKipper said:
    Baby shots can suck it!! Camden had his 6m shots plus half the flu shot yesterday and we're currently at 1.5 hours trying to get a morning nap in. It's been a screamfest all morning even with ibuprofen and constant nursing. Seriously, suck it.
    James is getting his 4 year shot(s?) tomorrow. I thought it would be best to prep him and told him on Monday when I was going down the schedule for the week. He started to cry and asked to call DH. I felt terrible. Tomorrow should be fun.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Cookie bars!  That is my go to, because I seriously cannot bake a cookie to save my life!  But I can make cookie bars, or put cookie dough in our brownie pan!  Don't stress, its not worth it and chances are the kids are going to be super excited about the cookie and won't give a damn about what it looks like!

This is a good idea.  I'd really like to find a cookie that I can manage to make every year as a tradition.  I found these snowball cookies that seem manageable and that I really love to eat, so I am going to give them a shot.  I may buy the cookie dough as a backup plan though, because I have been known to get frustrated and throw the whole project away halfway through.
  • Options
    I'm finally escalating the issues within my department and going to our VP of Ops on the advice of our assistant to the Vice President of Research.

My boss basically called me fat in front of our Director of HR yesterday, and it went right over his head, because he's a goddamn fool.

There's another position opening in the division of research that I could be "transitioned" into based on my problems in this office.  I went to talk to the girl who currently holds it this morning, and she had nothing but awesome things to say about working there.

• Options
    @bper what did he say??

• Options
    @bper what did he say??
    So there's this big initiative by our HR department to use this Virgin Pulse fitness tracker.  They think employees that are more invested in their health will take less sick days, or something.

So my boss was discussing the program with the HR director while I was standing there (we were at some reception).

The conversation went like this:

HR Director: Jessica, have you started using Pulse? There's money to be made! $400 a year!
    My boss (before I could answer): Does she LOOK like she's using it?
    Me: As an HR professional, I'd like you to note that Per just called me fat...in front of you.

• Options
    Also, while pregnant, my boss referred to me as "The Incubator", made reference to how much larger I was getting, made a comment along the lines of "Well who knows who the father is, your baby could be a foreigner like me!"

• Options
    Also, he sends harassing, nasty emails that I have been keeping a folder of.

• Options
    I ordered DH a sweatshirt for Christmas and just got an email that it is on back order until August 2015!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

found an old one.... it said 'have a Dickens of a Christmas'

Oh my god. This made my day. Too bad I already made our Christmas cards!!!
  • Options
    Your boss sounds like a complete and total ass @bper.  Is he by chance a "good ole' boys" type of guy?  I only ask because it seems like men of a certain generation seem to think a lot of those things are ok things to say.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    @BPer I had no idea it hadn't gotten that bad there!  Seriously I would be saying something and showing them all of those emails, because that is completely inappropriate!  I just can't believe some people!

• Options
    BPer said:
    Also, he sends harassing, nasty emails that I have been keeping a folder of.

He sounds like a real winner. How has he not been fired yet? Sorry you have to deal with that.

@hmp1 is she a friend or well known? Now I want to follow her.

• Options
    One of my students called & emailed me last week to tell me that she was 23 points away from a B in a class that ended last week and she was "so pissed."  Today she called a different advisor to tell them that now she did get a B.  Final grades aren't posted, but wtf would have caused your grade to go from a low D to a B?  There was no incomplete plan in place, and the instructor, who I talk to a lot, hasn't said anything to me.  I feel like I'm insane.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"