April 2015 Moms

Useful low budget registry items?

2»

Re: Useful low budget registry items?

• missab said:

I don't have any small stuff suggestions that haven't already been made, but I do have a different suggestion: Not sure if anyone else has done this, but I went and did my (FTM) walk through with a knowledgeable Buybuy Baby consultant, registered for a bunch of stuff we "needed" and then sent the links to my registries (also Baby List) to a few of my closest friends with kids and asked them to basically serve as my registry consultants, telling me what products they do/don't recommend, what I have too much/too little of, what I'll never need etc. They also then were able to tell me easily what stuff they already had and could easily hand down. I feel SO much more confident in what we registered for now and I think having friends who have similar lifestyles/living conditions really helped to whittle my registry to just the things I actually need/will use (important to us since we don't have a lot of space). Anyway, the consultant we worked with at Buybuy Baby was great and I ended up with lots of small stuff on the registry, so if that's an option where you are, I'd highly recommend it.

We did this last week and it was SO HELPFUL. I'm sure there's stuff on there we will change but it gives us a great starting point. We spent over 2 hours walking around the store and got a ton of questions answered.

ETA: My husband was on much better behavior than if we'd gone ourselves. He did a good job focusing because we had an "expert" helping us and a fixed appointment time.
    @lovemymuttzillas‌ my husband needed an "expert" in order to pay attention too. :)

Me: 34 DH: 36

Married since 11/11/11
    BFP#1 10/5/13 MC 11/11/13 @9wks 3d
    BFP#2 7/20/14 EDD 4/4/15

• For stretxh marks or craddle cap or dry nipples, etc use coconut oil! Seriously that stuff is like magic cure everything oil. Its also hypoallergenic and has soo many anti bodie in it. Theres tons of benefits and the price range is $9-50 for it. Well here in canada to get a big container (not sure the exact size) in superstore is $20 where as in a health food store its $40 for the same size.
  • Loading the player...
  • itsfine said:
    If you use target to do a registry it will help you by providing very important key categories. Ex: for the feeding category you will be able to click on bottles, bowls, utensils, etc and then add whichever items you with to the registry. IMO i found that target has the most user friendly registry creator.
    The only danger with Target is that you might not be able to un-make your list. With my second pregnancy, which ended up as a miscarriage, I wasn't able to get rid of the list easily and they kept emailing me and mailing me stuff even though I'd lost the baby. This was a few years ago, so hopefully it's changed.

Amazon also has these categories but not the same issues. If you delete your list, they stop talking to you about baby stuff.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"