February 2015 Moms
Options

Preeclampsia Update #2

PeaceofKiaPeaceofKia member
edited December 2014 in February 2015 Moms
Just a quick post to my fellow bumpies... Today at my routine MFM appt, it was discovered that I had high blood pressure and excessive protein in my urine. So I'm now spending the night in L&D for monitoring, BP meds, steroid shots, blood sugar monitoring (since the steroids will raise my sugar levels and I'm already diagnosed with GD) and contraction monitoring.

Whew... These girls are really giving me all they've got but my cervix is still looking good. My OB will be in tomorrow to discuss next steps and how much longer I can safely bake these babies before they must be out. Ts and Ps greatly appreciated.

*Morning Update *
I'm still pregnant. Still collecting my urine until this evening. Received my second steroid shot this morning. After receiving a dose of Procardia last night, my BP is down, so I foresee that becoming a prescription. Still lots of BH contractions but they're not worried about those because my cervix isn't budging. I see my OB and my endo today to discuss my insulin dosage, and how long I can possibly keep these babies cooking. My personal goal is to get these babies to the new year!

*another update *

Although I'm on Procardia, my BP seems to be rising at each check instead of falling... Still have to wait for my 24 hour collection to be up so they can send it in for analyzing. My endo is increasing my insulin because as expected the steroids has my sugars above normal range. Really praying for healthy pee, that's the only way I'll probably get to go home tomorrow...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What I'm Looking Forward to After the Babies Arrive
Bringing them both home...UPDATE...The girls are home!!! 1/7/15 after 20 days in the NICU!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Preeclampsia Update #2

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"