yup
50% 39 votes
nope
43% 34 votes
ss
6% 5 votes

Re: Night Light?

• Options
    Are they too young for being scared of the dark?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes. It helps LO find her lovey in her crib.
  • Options
    atlvolatlvol member
    edited December 2014
    SS- We don't use a night light for him, but his room is next to the back deck.  The lights are always on out there, so a little light comes through the cracks of his curtains.  (I purchased the curtains custom, but measured wrong, so they don't exactly cover the entire window. oops. )
  • Options
    Our monitor is the angel care monitor that has the blue ring nightlight on it so we use that. It just sits on the floor. We have room darkening shade so if we didn't have the nightlight, it'd be way to dark for him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    There are three reasons for breast-feeding: the milk is always at the right temperature; it comes in attractive containers; and the cat can't get it.  ~Irena Chalmers
  • Options
    Both of my LOs don't like the dark so we have one and they hate it if it's not on. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    Nope. Team dark room here.
  • Options
    I leave the blue light on her monitor on low, otherwise it's too dark to see anything.
  • Options
    No because she's still in our room. Nikita on the other hand has a lamp on all night. 25 watt bulb.
  • Options
    I try to keep the room dim when we are putting on jammies and bedtime stories so we use a nightlight during the bedtime routine but I turn it off after I put her down in her crib.
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • Options
    SS - his humidifier has a dim light projection of stars that we turn on.
  • Options
    No light & if someone dares turn on a light anywhere near, they are in trouble!!!
  • Options
    No light. Only if she requests one when older. I have had such a struggle with both of my step kids when they were younger about which lights need to be on and what angle the door needs to be cracked at and which nightlight they prefer in which outlet 8-} . I'm not looking forward to it with Lily, so I won't voluntarily introduce one... Only if she decides she needs one.
  • Options
    Dear Kate, 

Night lights are proven to cause cancer. Proven!

Love, 

Dr. Google 
    FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • Options
    We must get on this. We currently leave his door about 1/3 cracked with the neighboring bathroom lights blazing all night, so we can see if we need to go in there and so he can see to find his binks. This is not exactly efficient....
    FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • Options
    We use a very very dim one and yes, we started using it because he was scared every time he woke up in the dark... I think it was because summers are very bright here so every time he'd wake up there would be some light in the room even in the MOTN... so I'm not sure if he got scared because he was used to seeing some light and there was a change in scenery or it he's really scared of the dark.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"