Babies on the Brain

Pre-Conception GYN Visit

I have my annual OB/GYN visit next week and it is actually going to be more of a Pre-conception visit. ANY advice on what I should ask?

Re: Pre-Conception GYN Visit

• There isn't much you should need to ask, unless you have some medical history that would warrant concern on your ability to conceive.  If not, then just mention you're starting to TTC.  Most doctors wish you luck, tell you start taking PNV (or give you a Rx for some) and say they'll see you when you get a +.

I second PP to start temping, download FF, and read the newbie blog over on TTGP.  

Good luck.
  • I am not going to the doctors to ask her how to get pregnant - but rather if I should start taking folic acid and prenatal's. Whether my other medicines should be stopped to changed. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Can you explain "start tempting" taking my temperature?

Thanks!
  • I did the same thing with my last annual, although at that point I had already read some books and started PNV.  The one thing she did do was run a blood test to check to confirm that my rubella innoculation was still at effective levels.  As she said, rubella is not that common but all of those diseases are on the rise again, and it can cause major birth defects.  The vaccine itself can cause issues, so if they recommend a booster you are supposed to wait about 3 months to TTC.  Other than that (which granted, again, is a long shot, I just happen to live in a place with a bunch of anti-vaxxers so it makes me nervous) there really isn't a whole lot that you'll learn.

Me: 33  DH: 39  Married 5/17/14
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015

Formerly known as JennyH81

DH has one son (11) from prior marriage
    Baby Girl Pug is my furbaby

Come peek in my ute!

• @grandiosequestion‌ Oh, we discussed that too, but as far as what we discussed for a "regular" preconception checkup it was pretty basic. I had an ovarian ultrasound about a year ago and things looked good, and she also said that while I might ovulate and get a fertilized egg quickly, my bigger issue will probably be building up sufficient lining for implantation. She said that after 6 months of active trying with temping that some insurances will cover a work up for the endo (although not infertility - ah, technicalities) so she wanted me to come back in at that point if I'd had no luck.

TTC #1 - Jan 2015

Come peek in my ute!

• JennyH81JennyH81 member
    edited December 2014

Sorry - I keep being unclear.  She just meant that I didn't have any growths/tumors, which my mom and sister have both struggled with, so that was good on that end (although not specific to my endo).  Obvi would need a lap to see endometrium that has spread. 

I'm a bit confused on the last point - if the suppression is BCP and I need to go off it to get pregnant, what is the alternative?  Not trying to be an ass, just really not understanding. 

Sorry that I'm coming across as so ignorant.  Realizing I prob shouldn't post about endo on here anymore.

Edited for clarity.

TTC #1 - Jan 2015

Come peek in my ute!

• I got up to date on immunizations and asked for a tiger for toxoplasmosis and fifths disease since I have a cat and teach.

TTGP Jan Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails

Workout FAIL!. .. actually about 1% of the male population CAN

So THAT's how you get into baby-making position!

imageDjhffrz4XcU3vY8JaKJ0mg2KTyzMU4IW_lg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"