March 2014 Moms

Interesting gifts

SurpriseAt39SurpriseAt39 member
edited December 2014 in March 2014 Moms
Which would be the most out of character gift that your DH/SO would give you?
Have you received anything better? Lol ('better' being absurd)

Interesting gifts 57 votes

Comfy slippers
1% 1 vote
Sexy bedroom-wear
26% 15 votes
Blender, mixer or other kitchen appliance
1% 1 vote
Oil change
5% 3 votes
Car detailing
12% 7 votes
Power tools
14% 8 votes
Feminine hygiene stuff
29% 17 votes
Stuff for the kids
0% 0 votes
SS - this is the sort of stuff I like to get as a gift
1% 1 vote
SS - something else
7% 4 votes

Re: Interesting gifts

• I said lingerie.  The few times I have worn it, it was off pretty fast.  I just don't think he gets much out of it, he'd rather get to what's underneathe.  Plus I am sure the idea of walking into a store like Victoria's Secret and trying to figure out what to buy and the sizing would make him break out in a cold sweat.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• I said lingerie.  The few times I have worn it, it was off pretty fast.  I just don't think he gets much out of it, he'd rather get to what's underneathe.  Plus I am sure the idea of walking into a store like Victoria's Secret and trying to figure out what to buy and the sizing would make him break out in a cold sweat.

This.
  • Loading the player...
  • DH is a pretty good gift giver. I like getting practical gifts, though.
    I put lingeriem. I haven't worn any since our honeymoon....almost 8 years ago. Like PP Said, he'd rather get to what's underneath.
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• kelley72kelley72 member
    edited December 2014
    Oh my gosh love the feminine hygiene option... I'd not be pleased with that option.  I was given (by my ex on different holidays) all kinds of fabulous items such as a vacuum cleaner, a popcorn popper, anything with a cord and plug is a NO for me and my dh knows.  I am thrilled with anything that meet this criteria: shiny, smells good, feels good.  As the list provides endless opportunities for wonderful gifts I am very happy with any of it no matter the amount spent.  I'm looking forward to comfy socks or slippers perhaps some lotion.

edit to add my dh LOVES lingerie, and dress up!  Knowing my size not high on his list so I typically buy my own and surprise him.  Maybe it's an age thing?  He loves me naked no doubt but sometimes you need some sexy gear to rev the motor up
  • we try to buy something we need for either the ranch or the house.  This year some high end walkie talkies to communicate over long distances at the ranch.  They run about 300 each so not something to just go buy.  We also got a gun safe...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I chose power tools because he would never in a million years think that I would want a set.

The only way he would purchase lingerie would be via the Internet/etsy.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have actually asked in the past for kitchen appliances and power tools.
    They are things that allow me to do what I love to do...cook and create, so it's not far fetched for that to happen.

I would be surprised if DH bought slippers or a teddy since he prefers me naked and clothing just gets in the way.
  • He wouldn't buy tampons or pads as a gift so that would be the weirdest thing for him.

I've gotten kitchen stuff, lingerie, some sort of tool, Slippers and stuff for gifts
  • These are all pretty normal things for him to buy me or be interested in buying me, other than the pads/tampons because that's like a grocery item, not a gift. He'd get them for me though.
  • I always want very practical gifts and my DH hates it...he says if you need socks go buy them. I did tell him I want a really nice bra after I'm done nursing. I never found a nursing bra I loved so I have like one I wear all the time...it's about ready to be put out to pasture.
    I would never see my hubby buying feminine products he never has and I doubt he would. Although he would buy me girly things like he went into a hair supply store and got me a nice hair brush a few years ago
  • My husband buys me feminine products if necessary, but that's not really a gift. And he loves lingerie, so that's something he would totally buy. Oil changes are necessary and he pays for those anyway, he's bought me kitchen supplies, and wouldn't be opposed to getting me power tools. Car detailing, however, would be seen as a waste of money, as it wouldn't last long and is expensive. So I chose that one.
  • I got waterproof matches one year for my birthday.

He buys feminine products only when I send him to the store to get them, so that's not a gift.
    TTC #1 since 2007. Dx: Unexplained infertility. 4 IUIs in 2008 = BFN. IVF #1 07/09. DD #1 born April 2010 (40w5d).
    TTC #2 since 2011. Dx: Endometriosis and hypothyroidism. 2 FETs in 2012, BFP 6/12 but m/c @ 7 weeks. IVF #2 06/13. DD #2  born March 2014 (40w1d).
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • haha are hygiene products really a gift?

my DH is so squeemy about those things that I hide them all behind my mountain of makeup and hair stuff in the bathroom closet. god forbid he have to lay eyes on lady things.

I should add that he flat-out refuses to take out the bathroom garbage. ever. even though I've assured him there's nothing in it.

wuss.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"