November 2014 Moms
Options

October 15-31 check in

sparklingwhitsparklingwhit member
edited December 2014 in November 2014 Moms
I didn't see that this had been started yet...but maybe I missed something!

Age (weeks + days..ie 5weeks,4 days)
-Sleeping
-Eating
-Milestones
-Questions
-AW

Edit: stupid mobile bump...
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: October 15-31 check in

• Options
    Sleeping: he sleeps 4-5 hours straight, twice at night and takes a couple 2 hour naps during the day. He also tends to catnap on occasion for 5-10 min.
    Eating: 4-6 oz every 3-5 hours as he wants it.
    Milestones: he's reacting to sounds and follows movement now. He's also "playing" with rattles with some assistance and swats at hanging toys on playmat. He can hold his head up no problem with very minor bobbling and "stands" on his own by buckling his knees when leaning against things for a few seconds. He has also been cooing and laughing non-stop. Including while mommy and daddy are trying to sleep. He weighs in at 12 lbs, meaning he's gained 50% of his birth weight at 7 weeks!!!
  • Options
    -Sleeping: not a big fan of his crib, he usually gives us a 3-4 hour stretch first then about 2 at a time after that; short naps during the day
    -Eating: EBF on demand, average every 2-3 during the day and 3-5 at night
    -Milestones: some small smiles, more purposeful play on the activity mat batting at toys
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sparklingwhit‌ The original plan was to have specific days for the check-ins like we had specific days for the ticker changes. That way everyone would know to look for or start the thread on a specific weekday. It seems like it might be easier or preferred though to do them all on one day? I'm down with whatever works best for folks!
  • Options
    I had no idea!!! I will admit I didn't read the entire poll thread. LOL! I just saw everyone else's post and felt left out :) Go about doing it as discussed! If I could delete this I would!
  • Options
    MrsG1019MrsG1019 member
    edited December 2014
    -Sleeping 12 hours with a feed in between (I count my blessings nightly for this one!)
    -Eating: on demand. He's a snacker :)
    -Milestones: smiles a ton and giggles occasionally (all on purpose), coos and "talks" especially if you're talking to him, copies facial expressions you make, is a champ with neck control, recognizes voices and turns head to look at the person (right now he only does this for DH & I.)
    -Questions: where did my newborn baby go & who is this 13 pound little boy in my arms?!?
    -AW: this picture with his auntie. She can get him to smile easier than anyone else & he loves mimicking her facial expressions.

BabyName Ticker
    image imageimageimage

• Options
    @sparklingwhit‌ & @CatLady22‌ Wednesdays is the date that the Oct 15-31 check-in was planned for :)
  • Options
    Age (weeks + days..ie 5weeks,4 days) - 8 weeks today!
    -Sleeping - She usually goes down around 10 - 11 pm and wakes up around 4-5 am.  Then back down for another 3.5-4 hours. 
    -Eating - 4-6 oz every 3-5 hours or so.  She tends to cluster feed a bit in the evenings.
    -Milestones - She is smiling a lot, cooing, "Talking", lifts and turns her head like a champ!  Follows toys and things with her head/eyes.
    -Questions - how do you know when baby needs to go up in diaper size?
    -AW -

• Options
    -Sleeping: Usually we get anywhere from 4-6 hours of sleep.  She also sleeps in her crib at night but we have to swaddle her so hopefully soon she will grow out of that so we can use the sleep sacks we were given
    -Eating: Eats about 4oz every 3-5 hours 
    -Milestones:  Getting better at holding her head up, also holding onto things.  Making lots of sounds and beginning to smile more 
    -Questions
    -AW

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    -Age 7 weeks + 5 days
    -Sleeping 4-5 hours overnight from 1-6 am then another 2-3 hours, naps 1-2 hours
    -Eating 4-5 oz every 2-3 hours, combo formula & pumped BM
    -Milestones smiles, coos, tracks bottle & voices
    -Questions - for mamas with dogs, how is the dog dealing with cabin fever? Some days our arthritic dog isn't getting out like he should and spends the day lying on his bed. I've been able to get in 1-2 walks a week w/ dog & LO, but it is not at all predictable.

• Options
    Age (weeks + days..ie 5weeks,4 days) - 7 weeks today!
    -Sleeping - Like a pro. Slept from 10:30 PM to 5:30 AM last night
    -Eating - Like a piggy! We EFF and he is eating 4 oz. every 2-3 hours.
    -Milestones - LO started smiling last week. We can't "make" him do it yet, we really can't figure out what amuses him!
    -Questions - When do people start using excersaucers or jumparoos?
    -AW - So excited that LO can sleep 7 hrs straight! Definitely not consistently, but we will take every good night!

TTC #1 since 12/2010 DH: MFI, cancer survivor Me: Resected septate uterus, lap treated mild endo, tubes open, ovulate on own, autoimmune disease 3 Failed IUI's (2/2012, 4/2012, 6/2012) 
    IVF #1 August 2012. BFP! Beta #1 56.7 Beta #2 150 One baby, one heartbeat on 9/20/12! no h/b @7w6d. dandc @8w0d
    FET #1 December 2012, BFN
    FET #2 February 2013, no embies survived thaw
    IVF #2, BFP #2, Loss #2 March 2013, Scar tissue discovered, RPL testing,
    IVF #3, BFP #3, Loss #3 (twins) September 2013
    Hostile ute, moving onto Gestational Carrier!

GC/FET #1 of 1 5AA blast and 1 compacted blast, February 2014, BFP #4 on 3/1/2014!
    6w u/s 1 bean with h/b of 145 bpm, 8w u/s 187 bpm
    EDD 11/7/14. Please, please, please stick little one!

Praying unceasingly for a miracle. ALL welcome!

• Options
    7 weeks 1 day

Sleeping: they have been anywhere from 2-5, but not always at the same time

-Eating: ebf, its going good, but DH hospitalization has messed things up. I was starting to get a freezer supply, about 2-3 days worth, but most of that got used up.

-Milestones: they are grabbing things and smiling more.

-Questions

-AW: I think 1 might be close to rolling over. I had 2 nights in a row where they both slept the same 4-5 hour stretch.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Options
    @missnacholover‌ - Re: how do you know when baby needs to go up in diaper size?

I asked this question last week and feedback was when the thighs get too snug for the elastic and/or when things start leaking.

I tried going from newborn to size 1, but the 1's were too loose still.

• Options
    2 months on the 17th, I can't keep track of weeks anymore!
    Sleeping - generally up once or twice a night between 10pm and 7am.  Trying to do naps in the crib and figure out when he needs them.
    Eating - EBF on demand, has never been a problem.
    Milestones - Vocalizing more, "talks" to us, starting to smile more and possibly the occasional giggle
    AW - We discovered he had an inguinal hernia a few weeks ago and quickly got him scheduled for surgery.  It can't fix itself, and if you leave it can become strangulated and then it's an emergency.  We needed to get it done in 2014 or we would have had to pay for the whole thing out of pocket.  He had his surgery yesterday and did so incredibly well, I can hardly believe it.  He couldn't eat after 7:30am and the surgery was at 1pm and he slept on DH almost that whole time and barely complained about being hungry.  He slept most of the rest of the day after surgery too, and it took quite a while for him to have much enthusiasm for nursing.  It was definitely harder on me - handing your baby over is so hard.  When I finally got him back it was better than when they handed him to me when he was born.  Here he is in his hospital pajamas.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @rahkitt glad to hear LO made it through surgery ok

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"