School-Aged Children
Options

fever?

WLJ2WLJ2 member
edited December 2014 in School-Aged Children
I thought there was a board board for preschool aged kiddos but I can't find it so I'm going to post here. Hope you ladies don't mind!
My son(3 almost 4) has had a low grade fever since Wednesday last week. Ranging from 99.9 just under 102. I have no issue getting it down to 99 and keeping it there with meds. His only other symptoms are constant drainage and cough. There has occasionally been some throwing up but I think that's only because of the drainage.

My question is would you wait it out a few more days or take him to see the dr? I'm also debating on whether or not to send him to daycare since his temp hasn't gotten over 100.9 today. I beleive there rules say nothing over 101.

Any advice advices opinions are approciated. I think I'll call the Dr in the morning and get her advice but they don't open until a hour past when I usually start work.

Re: fever?

• Options
    I would skip daycare and call the pedi.
    DD~6 years old~born June 6, 2008 (1st grade)
    DS~4 years old~born November 6, 2010 (1st year of preschool)
  • Options
    When my DD was about 6 or 7, she once had a low grade fever with a cold for about 7 days in a row.  I was freaking out, but my pediatrician assured me it was totally normal with some viruses.  Can you call the triage nurse at your pediatric practice and see what they recommend?
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"