Infertility

Into (newbie/oldie)

Hi, figured I'd say hello after lurking on this board for a while! I used to be really active on a few Bump boards years ago before everything split off onto FB groups, but now all my communities have moved on in life and I'm left alone in the world of IVF! :P So I hope it's ok if I come here with questions as we go through this.

DH and I have signed on to do our first cycle in March. We've been TTC for 5 years (I'm 30, DH is 32), diagnosed MFI, several unsuccessful IUIs. We're also currently actively pursuing adoption and have been in circulation with our agency for 8 months. Since it could potentially be years before our family grows that way, we're going "all in" with IVF too. 

We're OOP for everything (adoption and IVF, hold me while I cry...), so I'm sure most of my questions will be about med costs and financial aspects and such. I appreciate all the wisdom shared by everyone here! 

Wishing everyone all the best in your efforts!

Re: Into (newbie/oldie)

• Welcome and GL!

***SIGGY WARNING***

Our Story

Me- 35, mild hypothyroidism

DH- 29, low count due to a chromosomal abnormality, only option is IVF/ICSI with PGD.

Married 5/13

TTC since 8/13

IVF/ICSI #1 ER 9/14 - 14R, 6M, 6F, 5 blasts off to PGD- 1 normal female, 2 balanced males

FET 12/8 of 2 frosties - 1 male/1 female - stick babies stick! 

Beta #1 10dp5dt 444! Beta #2 14dp5dt 2,340!  U/S 1/5-- TWINS!!!  EDD 8/26/15

"You'll never see the rainbow if you can't survive the storm"

image    image

Pregnancy Ticker

• welcome

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome and good luck! !!

** Losses Mentioned **
    Me(32) - Low AMH (0.46) and DH(33) - All good!
    May 2014 - IUI (Follistim) = BFP! Ectopic. Surgery June 2014.
    August/Sept 2014 - IVF #1. BFP! Chemical Pregnancy.
    November 2014 - IVF #2; ER only - PGS testing 3 Frosties.
    December 2014 - FET #1 - Beta on 12/17!  BFP  *It's TWINS*

image        image      image  
  • Welcome and GL!I

• Welcome and Good luck!
    ***Siggy Warning***

imageimage
    Anniversary

Started TTC June 2011Cycles #1-10 = BFNCycle #11: 100 mg Clomid + TI =BFNReferred to RE March 2012HSG all clear, FSH = 13, Prolactin = 28, S/A = greatApril 2012 MRI to check for brain tumor due to elevated Prolactin = clearJune 2012 Hysteroscopy to remove uterine polyps and partial septateJuly 2012 IUI #1 7/7/12 = BFNAugust 2012 IUI #2.1 Cancelled due to early/missed ovulation = BFNSeptember 2012 Forced break due to one huge cyst October 2012 IUI #2.2 = BFNNovember 2012 Begin BCPs for IVF #1December 2012 IVF #1 = Delayed due to cyst. Start stims 12/22January 2013 ER: 1/2, 14R, 10M, 9FET: 1/7 Transferred 1 "Perfect" blast! 4 frosties!Beta #1: 99 BFP! #2: 227 #3: 584 #4: 3,020Baby Boy born September 25, 2013

TTC #2
    November 2014 - Begin BCPs
    December 2014 - Start Lupron 12/25
    January 2015 - FET #1

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    *Everyone Welcome*

• Welcome and GL!
    Me (28): fine, DH (28): MFI
    Married 6/21/09
    Off BCP and TTC 4/17/11
    BFP #1 (ended in CP) 7/15/11
    Varicocelectomy surgery 9/4/12 - T improved to normal, but still low count

Current Status: Pursuing Jan '15 IVF w/ ICSI
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

image    imageimage
  • Welcome! We have MFI.. And if I can get the remaining 38 lbs off I would love to maybe cycle in March or April :) best of luck as you start here :)
    Ashley & Jeremy 10/10/10

MFI, 50k sperm frozen, RE requires weight loss before our first cycle of IVF so now we wait.

(+20 = total loss)

• Thanks everyone! I'll be looking forward to the March group.

OceanHutt, I'm aiming to lose 10-15 lbs over the next couple months, so I'll be wishing you luck on your health goals too! 
  • Welcome!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Welcome and good luck!
  • Twinkie0612Twinkie0612 member
    edited December 2014

Welcome!  We are doing a FET in January which will be our 6th OOP IVF/FET cycle. 

The biggest place you can save money is with meds.  I have learned several tips and tricks over the last almost year and a half of IVF treatments.  Find out which meds you will be needing and look into discount programs such as Compassionate Care and First Steps.  They will give you a discount on the OOP price of some common IVF meds ( CC is for Gonal-f, cetrotide, and ovidrel and FS is for follistim, ganirelix, and pregnyl).  Also shop around for the best prices, you do not have to order meds from the pharmacy your clinic recommends.  My clinic usually uses Avella since there is a local Avella pharmacy right down the street.  I ended up getting my meds a few hundred dollars cheaper through an out of state pharmacy (Alexander's Twin in NJ) and having them shipped overnight.  Different pharmacies have better prices on different meds so do your homework. 

Another big tip is using the overfill in follistim cartridges.  Most are overfilled by about 75 units. You can get more bang for your buck by ordering all 300 IU cartridges, instead of larger cartridges since the more vials you order, the more overfill you have.  I have even pulled the overfill out of leftover vials with an insulin syringe to combine all of the overfill into one vial to avoid multiple injections where I can. 

Also you can ask your clinic about free samples or if they have a med donation program.  I have received donated meds from friends that has saved me thousands of dollars. 

ETA: I also use my FSA to pay for meds, which has helped you at least don't have to pay taxes on the money you put in your FSA.  Also save all of your receipts for tax time.  You can deduct any medical expenses over 10% of your taxable income. 

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Welcome. Best of luck to you!
    Me: 38
    DX:  Adenomyosis, Compounded MTHFR, PAI-1 4G variant

DH: 34
    MFI due to Testicular Cancer

Married March 2012 <3
    IVF w/ICSI #1
    10 little polar bears
    FET #1 with 2 polar bears ~Nov 6, 2013 BFN :(
    FET # 2 with 2 more polar bears ~March 19, 2014 BFP!!!
    Beta 1= 276
    Beta 2= 662
    4/19/14 ~ baby A became an angel
    5/02/14 ~ baby B became an angel
    5/3/14 ~ D&C
    FET #3 with 1 male polar bear ~October 3, 2014
    October 13, 2014 ~ BFN
    Fur Children:  Memphis 3y, Dutch 3y, Marcel 2y, Meadow 1y

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    January 2015 Siggy Challenge TTCAL
    Animals Interacting with Snow

• Welcome!  We are doing a FET in January which will be our 6th OOP IVF/FET cycle. 

The biggest place you can save money is with meds.

Wow, thank you so much!! I'll definitely be keeping all this in mind as I start to figure out exactly what meds I'm going to need. So helpful, thank you again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"