Working Moms
Options

Those with Nanny that Work from Home

We are writing up a new contact with our nanny and I'm trying to think thru my work hours and her hours. 
The change is that MWF I will be working from home. Previously, she has arrived at 7:30. I find that we usually chat for about 15 minutes about DD, how she slept, activities for the day etc. Then, if I didn't have a chance to finish dressing I go upstairs and finish getting ready and head out of the door anywhere between 8 and 8:30. I usually arrive home by 5:00 (sometimes earlier but she is scheduled till 5 which includes a 20-35 min commute in rush hour traffic)
Now my "commute" will be walking upstairs to the office. We pay by the hour and I really want to cut down on costs so I'm hoping to streamline this and have her work minimal hours on MWF. T and Th are a entirely different issue. I will be commutinng 1.5 hours one way on those days so those are her long days.

Does this make sense? Any advice on how to set up her schedule? 

p.s. I'm under no obligation from my employer to work certain hours
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Those with Nanny that Work from Home

• Options
    Thanks for the advice thus far. She is currently part time (19 hours/week) filling in the hours that our original nanny was unable to work. We are losing our original nanny so we are hiring her on full time. At this point in time, we haven't guaranteed her a certain number of hours but have talked generally about it being close to if not more than 40 hours. I'm just trying to think carefully about how to streamline the hours we use her because nanny care is so expensive! My husband is a physician and his schedule is sporadic so we have to schedule her around my schedule. I can easily envision a scenario in which we are paying for 50 plus hours a week which is really a lot ot $$$!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I WFH 2 days a week, and DH and I stagger our hours.  On Mon, Tues, Thurs, she comes at 7:45.  We chat for a few mins, I catch her up on the morning, and I leave between 7:45 and 8. DH gets home between 4:45 and 5:15, or if he's traveling, I aim to be home no later than 6.  On Wed and Fri, when I'm home, she comes a bit before 9.  Quick catch up, and I'm in my office at 9 or a little past.  I start checking emails at around 5:30am, so I don't mind being a bit late. 

Wed she works until about 4:30, and Fri we try to let her go a bit early.  Her son lives with her ex-H, and she typically picks him up on Fridays - 1.5-2hr drive each way in traffic.  So DH comes home early and we juggle a bit if needed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"