June 2014 Moms
Options

Baby Poop and Disposable Diapers

Hi! I posted on the reintro thread a few months ago and been posting more regularly. I have found the information on this board so helpful and as a FTM it is nice to know I am not alone. Thank you ladies! DS is 6 months old born in early June. I am in grad school and due to course scheduling have been home w/DS and will start back FT in January.

I have an odd ? I use disposable diapers and remember hearing that once you start solids and poop consistency changes you are legally required to dump the poop in the toilet. Has anyone heard of this? I have not seen anything on the diaper packages or on diaper websites. TIA

Re: Baby Poop and Disposable Diapers

• Options
    Thanks @krystaJ, much appreciated! It makes sense it would be illegal from a sanitation standpoint since viruses, ecoli,etc are found in stools and it could more easily contaminate ground water via dumped in a landfill vs flushed down the toilet.
  • Options
    Yup. Technically it's illegal but I see no way they could actually enforce it across the board.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    When we use disposables we just toss it, waste as all.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Options
    I have never heard of this...we throw it all away.  I have no idea how they would go about enforcing that though?!

• Options
    Thanks, ladies. No way really to enforce unless you have a trolling neighbor who goes through your trash and reports you (and knows the law) ;)
  • Options
    I have never heard of this either!
  • Options
    Kaysa, I always wondered why the pedi/LC wrapped the sposies in plastic before tossing them.

#themoreyouknow

• Options
    I never knew this as well. Hmm, guess I'm going to actually figure out how to use my diaper genie correctly.
  • Options
    Hmm never heard of that! Oops?
    DS born 6/2/14 #2 due 5/31/16

• Options
    I've never heard of that! I have noticed on our diaper box it says to flush the poop before disposing of diaper but I thought it was just for smell-control.
  • Options
    Feminine products are not to be flushed...I suppose if there was a way to de-period them, then it'd be reasonable to ask consumers to do, but as of yet, it's really bad on the septic system to dispose of those down the toilet.  I have mine wrapped in plastic (I'm not exactly green over here). The whole reason I chose to use disposables is so I didn't have to scoop poop, so I won't be doing that.
    Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"