March 2015 Moms

When is your shower?

Re: When is your shower?

• wow I feel like mine is going to be soo late compared to others- Mine is tentatively scheduled for 2/21. We were gonna do 2/7, but one of my best friends is doing her shower that day (she is 2 weeks ahead of me) and 2/14 is Valentines day so we didnt want to do that. My due date is end of March so end of feb isn't such a big deal.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • YorkieLove4YorkieLove4 member
    edited December 2014
    2/21. Seems so far off from everyone else but I'm due on the late end of this BMB, actually technically 4/2, so I'll be 34wks. Was hoping to have it a little sooner but we have valentines and super bowl obligations the weekends prior.

ETA: typo
    3 MCs
    1 Rainbow Baby: Born 4/4/15
    BFP: 4/23/17  EDD 1/5/18
  • Loading the player...
  • @mermaid1113‌ your post didn't show until after mine. Yay for 2/21. Guess we're not loners after all!
    3 MCs
    1 Rainbow Baby: Born 4/4/15
    BFP: 4/23/17  EDD 1/5/18
  • January 24th here as well. I'm due March 1st, so I will be one day short of 35 weeks for the shower. I'm not worried about the timing.
  • My friends and family shower is going to be on January 31, and I know my work friends are throwing one too, probably the first or second week in February :) I'll be almost 34 weeks.
    Engaged April 5, 2013
    Married August 16, 2014
    imageimage
  • My mom is hosting and we are aiming for February 7th. I'm due March 23rd and I looked at the calendar and think I figured out I'll be like 34 weeks.
  • Mine is January 10 and I'm so looking forward to it! 

There is a work shower this Weds but it's a shared event for me and the 8 other staff members who are expecting, so not really a personal shower but it's something nice to honor us all. This year they are doing showers different and instead of gifts from different grade levels/departments we each get $200 from the Sunshine Committee. 
  • Still discussing dates with the friend who is hosting, but probably late jan/early feb
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My mom is still planning, but I think it will be late January/early February. My work is also planning one for early February (I'm due March 11th)

Married the love of my life: 5-17-14

BFP:6-27-14

EDD:3-11-15

Step Mom to Z: 4-11-06

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!

• How funny - the hostess and I were JUST talking about this earlier today. She is waiting to hear back from locations - but it sounds like 2/7 or 2/15 - which I thought was a bit late, but maybe not after seeing everyone else's dates. I'm not due until 3/17. 
    For SuzyQ0525 and all other M15 losses

BabyFruit Ticker
    It's a BOY !!!
  • 2/7 but I'm due at the end of March.
  • 1/18 at 33 weeks
  • No official date set yet, but mom is thinking mid- to late-February.  I'm due March 24th.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers photo 401ba615-b560-419d-8272-b89fb96034ec.pngphoto sushilovers.png

• Jan 18th. My SIL sent the invitations yesterday.
               for all M15 loss moms

• My mom threw my a suuuuuper early surprise shower the weekend before Thanksgiving but we live ten hours away so it was more of a we were in town that week thing. DH's mom is having a family get together/baby shower thing next Sunday but again, out of town. I'm gonna be so prepped after Christmas LOL.

The girls at work are throwing me a shower in January sometime!
  • Mine is a surprise so I have no clue!
  • My coworkers and local friends are having one for me 01/25 and my  family and friends in my hometown a couple hours away are having one on 02/07.
    M'15 January Animals Being Jerks Challenge

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine is supposed to be a surprise but I hear it is end of Jan. I told my H I need to know so I make sure to put on makeup and do my hair.

My closest friends and family are all in GA - and I would assume the shower will be where I live in NY - but I hear they are all being invited so I don't know how this is going to work out.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• Mines 1/24 too! I live 2 hours away from my hometown so that was the first available weekend we would be home. I'll be 34 weeks (due March 7th).

Me: 31 DH: 28
    BFP #1- 1/30/13  Natural MC- 2/8/13
    BFP #2- 6/24/14  EDD- 3/7/15  Born 2/14/15 Due to Pre-eclampsia

Team Green turned Team Blue

• Mine is he first weekend in February. It's when I turn 33 weeks so I think that timing works well. Fingers crossed there isn't a huge Midwestern blizzard that weekend!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1/10 - I'll be 30 weeks.  My BFF is throwing it for me.  I think my coworkers are doing something too, but it will be small, probably just going out to lunch.

image  image

TTC #1 May 2014

BFP 7/4/14 ~ EDD 3/17/15

My Chart

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am due on 3/28, and on 12/23 we are choosing my c-section date. So I guess my SIL will plan it accordingly. I have no idea I am assuming it's a surprise.
  • One January 5th, something small with a handful of friends. The other January 18th with family.
  • Mine is this weekend, saturday dec 20th. Im due march 10
  • My mom and friends really wanted to throw a shower since I missed the first one. Hahaha! So far one is planned for 1/17 and the next one a few days after... I haven't been given any info. They wanted to do a little earlier, just in case baby is like her older sister. I'm just looking forward to eating!!!
  • jack12tripjack12trip member
    edited December 2014
    February 21 here...I might win for the latest shower date on here...but I'm a M15 late bloomer due March 23. I will likely have a completely swollen face by then.
  • I just saw you were in the same boat @YorkieLove4!
  • I'm having mine on the MLK day three day weekend. My in laws are throwing one on Saturday for their big family and then I have a Sunday breakfest one with friends.

TTC Since July of 2010
    BFP: July 4th, 2014
    EDD: March 15, 2015

• 1/11 and 2/22. Funny, I never noticed that until just now :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• I recently went to a coed shower and it was just like a regular party. The guest of honour didn't open any of her gifts, it was drinking, eating and mingling with a few kids running around. Wasn't like a baby shower at all, but still a good time!
  • I'm 26 weeks and I'm having mine February 22nd. Is that late?? Seems late compared to everyone else!
  • Mine was early bc this week we are in the process of moving to Colorado from California. My aunt and SIL threw us a coed baby shower last weekend. I was only 28 weeks pregnant at the time. We decided to do coed bc it was a last chance to see all our California family and friends before we left the state. We only had a few baby shower type things but did open presents there. It turned into a really nice opportunity to spend with everyone and DH said he was so happy that we were able to include him.
  • My mil is throwing me one around mid February.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't think I'm having one, I know they aren't mandatory but as s FTM I'm a little sad that none of my family or friends want to celebrate.
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• No shower for me, as this is my second. I had my first around 27 weeks.

My coworker keeps saying she is going to throw me one, which I have firmly told her I do not want one. I would be so embarrassed. My department is very small (about 35 people) and has seen 9 pregnancies in the past 2 years, so I really don't think they are too thrilled to celebrate another one.  

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• January 17, I believe.

I should probably check on that.  :P

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms
  • Jan 18th here too. I'll be 31 weeks so not too bad. Supposedly H's aunts want to throw one for his side of the family, but nothing has been planned yet so I'm not sure about that one.
    Me(29), DH (29)
    Married December 2011     TTC#1 Since November 2013
    Dec. 2013... BFP! 12/31/13... Natural M/C 1/29/14 (8 weeks)
    July 2014...BFP!... 17dpo beta 581...19dpo beta 1419!!.. stick baby, stick!
    EDD: 3/20/15.. It's a boy!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I don't know if I'm having one.  2 friends mentioned a shower a while ago during all the excitement after I told them, but haven't heard anything about that since.  My mom doesn't think it would be good etiquette to throw one for me.  I would kind of like to know one way or another. I'm one of the first to have a baby in my friends and family, so people might not be very experienced and some people might assume I would have one if I were having one.  I didn't have a bridal shower, but that seemed dumb and weird and there was the wedding to look forward to.  I would love to have all my female friends and family gather together for a baby shower, but we'll see.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"