February 2013 Moms
Options

Infant or Children

Do you give your LO infant meds still or have you graduated to children? I need to replenish with our new round of illness today and wondering if I should buy childrens instead. DS is like 33 lbs

Re: Infant or Children

• Options
    I still use infant meds (Motrin etc).
    Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
  • Options
    Our pedi gave us the go ahead a long time ago to move to Childrens because of DS's weight. He is a big boy weighing in at 34 pounds.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    draeray said:
    Our pedi gave us the go ahead a long time ago to move to Childrens because of DS's weight. He is a big boy weighing in at 34 pounds.

This is what I am thinking too. Taking him to the dr at 130 and will ask, I think Ill buy a bottle of each.
  • Options
    @djm31012 I would buy the childrens and save the money on the infant. I think they base it off of weight and they are so close to 2 years old anyway. Just my opinion!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    We use childrens and have for a while even though Sarah is tiny(right at 21lbs yesterday)...it is just a different dosage (chart provided to me by the hospital). We started using the children's kind after she got tubes in her ears last May i think? The children's kind is cheaper and I can use it for all of my kids.
  • Options
    RynleighRynleigh member
    edited December 2014
    All of the Tylenol stuff is children's now, anyway - they've stopped producing the "infant" concentration (now when you get the infant's line, the only difference is that it comes with a dropper and a smaller bottle instead of a cup and a larger bottle - it is the same concentration and dosing as the "children's" line) - so we've only ever bought the children's version of the Tylenol. Advil and Motrin have different concentrations still, and the "children's" dosing starts at 24lbs, and the upper limit on the "infant" dosing is for 23lbs - so most of us are probably safe to be graduating on to the children's concentration instead of the infant drops. If LO still does best with the syringe instead of the spoon or cup, just ask the pharmacist for a dosing syringe to use on the children's :) 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Options
    Children only

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Options
    We are still using infant, but ds is 27 lbs.

• Options
    We use Childrens' because it is less expensive and the concentration of whatever we buy is the same in infant or children kind.  Unfortunately, the children kind comes with a medicine cup instead of a syringe and the cup gets all sticky and a lot seems to go to waste and the measurements seems less precise.  I much prefer measuring with a syringe but the hole in the childrens' does not fit the syringes we have from the infant kind.
  • Options
    Rynleigh said:

All of the Tylenol stuff is children's now, anyway - they've stopped producing the "infant" concentration (now when you get the infant's line, the only difference is that it comes with a dropper and a smaller bottle instead of a cup and a larger bottle - it is the same concentration and dosing as the "children's" line) - so we've only ever bought the children's version of the Tylenol. Advil and Motrin have different concentrations still, and the "children's" dosing starts at 24lbs, and the upper limit on the "infant" dosing is for 23lbs - so most of us are probably safe to be graduating on to the children's concentration instead of the infant drops. If LO still does best with the syringe instead of the spoon or cup, just ask the pharmacist for a dosing syringe to use on the children's :) 

Yes this is what I thought for tylenol- except for ibuprofen, but it's just a different dosage, depending which you use but they are both based on weight so it doesn't matter.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• Options
    I have been using children's since ds was about 6 months. It is much cheaper. We do occasionally use infants advil. We need berry free, and dye free. I find it hard to find both for ibuprofen, except for Advil Infant.
  • Options
    I get the dye free not grape flavored, so I buy what I find. But I have mostly infants in the house because all our children's meds were expired.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"