January 2013 Moms
Options

This week's edition of Kids Say the Darndest Things

Sep5BrideSep5Bride member
edited December 2014 in January 2013 Moms
DD really surprised me this morning. My stomach was bothering me, and without me saying anything about it, she said, "You okay, Mommy?" I told her my tummy hurts, and she said, "Your tummy hurts? You need lotion?" (We put Aquaphor on her tummy when she tells us she's itchy.) I said, no thanks, sweetie, I'm okay. And that's when she pointed to my stomach and said, "There's a baby in there."

I'm 11 weeks pregnant, but we really haven't tried to talk to her about it yet since it's so early and there's nothing to see yet. I've said generic things about having a baby next summer, but that's about it. I wonder if she's telling her daycare teachers right now...

:)

Re: This week's edition of Kids Say the Darndest Things

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was nursing ds and dd walked up and started to watch. She then looks at me and says "is that juice?". I said "no honey, it's milk". She goes "oh!" and then walked away.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    DS says "um." While I want him to speak confidently and not need space fillers, it is very cute.
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

• Options
    DD has spent too much time with my husband and his family recently. After she came back from staying my ILs during hunting season she tells me "dada shot it--the deer." I just kinda nod and say "oh really?" And then she precedes to tell me "with shotgun!" Sigh. Really DH? Just what we need her to go around saying in public.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DD tells me to "stop it, Mommy" all the time!  DH and I do this dorky thing where we lip-synch in an exaggerated way to music (like opera singers), and DD imitates us, which is hilarious.  I must have been REALLY over-the-top last night because I was lip-synching to some dramatic Christmas song and she gives me this look like "seriously?" and says, "Mommy, stop it.  No sing."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The other day I accidentally swore while driving. In my head I'm thinking oh no, please don't repeat that! Luckily she didn't, she said "that's mean, mama!"

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"