11. @Amber&Reva: March 2 girl
12. @wishiwaspreggo: March 7 boy
13. @JennaandBetsy: April 22 boy
14. @calsurb: June 4 singleton

15. @KristyKristyleelee June 19 singleton
17. @megd893: June 22nd singleton
18. @FSBC : July 28th singleton

19. @JGY August 21st

If you have a recent BFP (and/or if you are new to the board), please let me know when you want to be added to this list.

How is everyone feeling? How is pregnancy treating you and your partner this week? Any updates to share?

QOTW:  If you could have any one super power what would it be and why?

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

Re: Pregnancy Check-In (12/15)

• I am officially 29w pregnant.  Still can't shake this darn cough which wouldn't bother me so much if it didn't wake me up at night.  I think the little lady is running out of room in there because she isn't moving as much as she was but when she does move it feels more like rolls then kicks.  Although I still do get the occasional strong kicks.  I haven't gotten the results of my GD test yet which I took last Wednesday, I am going to ask about it this Wednesday but my guess is that no news is good news.  The doctor that did my 28w check-up was also surprised that they haven't been following up with my thyroid to see if the dosage needs to be adjusted so I will ask about that on Wednesday too.  Last appointment my blood pressure was high I am hoping it was just related to drinking the glucose drink.  So many of us are getting so close to having babies soon!

QOTW:  The ability to speed up or slow down time.  I would love to fast forward through work but when I am home just slow everything down so I could get more done and enjoy my time at home more.

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

• @amber&reva please add me to the check-in list! Due 6/19 singleton

I am officially into the 2nd trimester now...I have been waiting for the magic wand to wave and for all 1st trimester symptoms to go away...no such luck. Still super tired, no throwing up at all but just always seem to be nauseous. Today actually I had a HORRIBLE start. Not good for a Monday morning. Really though I can't complain...pregnant with our 1st child and really couldn't be happier. (My) Pregnancy is treating my wife pretty harshly this week....I was SO BRATTY last night yet she still did the laundry to make sure the only pair of pants that still fit me were clean for work today, woke up early this morning, made my breakfast, packed my lunch and took care of the fur babies for me. How did I get so lucky??

QOTW:  If you could have any one super power what would it be and why? Right now, my biggest complaint is being sleep deprived. We had a crazy busy weekend that was more tiring than rejuvenating. So for me, my super power would be to be able to sleep, sleep, sleep all I need without needing a solid 10 hours. So maybe "speed-sleeping"? I don't think thats a thing, but I am making it a thing right now!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @kristykristyleelee you have been added.  Also my 1st tri symptoms didn't really disappear until around week 15.

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

• 30w6d 
    We had a super productive weekend- returned duplicates & bought up the necessities @ BRU on Saturday, sunday was a baby filled day with Hypnobabies & a hospital tour. 
    Hypnobabies is going great but still overwhelmed by the amount of homework/homeplay.  LOL. It will be worth it.   I felt a little crazy being the only momma who said she was going natural, asked about birth balls & birthing plans on the hospital tour.  But the nurse giving the tour seemed super into most of the "newer" birthing strategies- she brought up music/aromatherapy/dimmed lights on her own and discussed how our hospital is leaning towards quick and longer skin to skin.  I hope she is there on our birthing day! 
    I've found the mini-exercises/stretching on my yoga mat and birthing ball have helped lessen my random back pains & etc.  I am getting BIG (all baby, not really all around).  Trying to eat healthier and more protein per our last lessons @ hypnobabies. 

QOTW:  If you could have any one super power what would it be and why?    I would like to read minds.  It would help with work and home life.  but only when i want to-- that movie "what women want" scared me off of 24/7 
    Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Hey all...still hanging in here...we are 40w3d...I am having a really hard time staying positive and I know Chris is uncomfortable and we just want our baby to get here...I mostly feel grumpy, negative, and over this whole waiting thing today...I am trying to be patient but it isn't easy. C went to acupuncture again this morning and we THINK there were about 4 contractions last night. There has been a lot of cramping and so hopefully things will really kick start. I know the average is 5 days over your due time but I don't want to be the average...I want her to be here now...

Sorry for my crappy attitude. 

QOTW: If I have a super power I would want to heal (like Claire from Heroes) or instant transportation...like @robertjane33 said...

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• To those of you anxiously awaiting signs that it's time and those that have solid dates to meet your little ones, good luck and lots of thoughts/prayers your way!

We are 22 weeks down and 18 to go! After a borderline 1 hour glucose test, I am relived to report that I passed the 3 hour test. I have been feeling internal flutters for a few weeks now, but this week marked the first movement that could be felt externally. I was so excited for B to feel our little guy and her reaction to feeling him kick was not at all what I had anticipated. She didn't think it was the amazing, loving sign to let us know he was "really" in there that I did. She instead was a little "creeped" out by it and although she was excited, it didn't make her feel closer to the baby, as I had hoped. The whole experience brought up a conversation about accepting each others' individual reactions even if they are different from our own. And, how we can do a better job at not forcing our feeling on the other and not anticipating a certain response from the other. It is very easy to forget that although we are in this journey together, we are each experiencing it differently. As the biological connection and the carrier for this baby, I already feel an extreme connection and bond. And, although B is over-the-moon happy/thankful/excited about the baby, she is also not experiencing the physical bond that I have now. Our discussion was a good reminder that we need to respect and be sensitive to how each other is feeling and how each of us are experiencing this pregnancy. Sorry to go on a rant, but this was one of those "ah-hah" moments for me.

At this point, because of the unceasing sweet tooth I have lately, my super power would be to remove the calories from food without changing the taste!

• Gulp - can you add me to the list please?

EDD 8-21-15

I think I know most of you in the group, but for anyone who needs it here is a brief intro:

My wife S and I have been together for over 10 years, married on 6/12/10.  We have a son Gabe, who is almost 21 months.  We have a dog, Duncan, who is 3 and a cat, Nigel, who is 5.  We struggled TTC our first and it took over a year and included a surgery.  We got incredibly lucky with #2 and conceived on our first IUI.  Here's hoping it sticks!  To that end, we are calling it Ricky the Sticky.

So I'm going to bust on in here and ask for help right away.  I've been having some cramping on and off for the last few days.  I know some cramping is normal, but did any of your have an early cramping that took your breath away a bit on the pain-tolerance scale?  I don't remember this with my first.  Lemme know!

QOTW:  I'm on the travel train.  We have no family this is local and it is seriously painful sometimes to not be able to see those who we love and share our lives with them on a regular basis.  I'd love to be able to just "Pop in" sometimes.

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• @JGY I had some cramping very early on with both pregnancies.  I never spotted but would cramp and the cramping tended to be more towards one side then the other.  I don't remember if it was so painful it took my breath away but I vividly remember google searching cramping early in the first trimester.

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

• Thanks @Amber&Reva.  For some reason I feel really calm about this pregnancy.  So I'm not too worried, but more like "Wow, I'm sure this is normal I just don't remember it."

Good to know you've had it too, and I definitely understand the one side thing.

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• FSBCFSBC member
    edited December 2014
    @jgy yes, I had some terrible cramping very early on from about 3-4 weeks on. It was more towards one side, but would make me stop mid-sentence due to the pain. I still get a really good one every now and then.
    Me~35 Wife~32
    Together 6 years
    Married 2014
    TTC~ Reciprocal IVF
    11/5-ER
    11/10-ET (1 blast) = BFP
    Beta @ 8dp= 185, Beta @ 10dp=752, Beta @ 16dp= 8,127
    7/22/15 - It's a boy! 

• Hi guys.

Sorry if I was a bit short last week :\">  .  We were having some problems that I just wasn't prepared to deal with, let alone talk about and it sent me spiralling for a while.  We have a kind-of resolution in place, for now.  I'm hoping it stays that way.

Counting our rainbows though, we had a great experience at our maternity photo-shoot the other week.  It was very dynamic and we had lots of fun.  Our photographer, Harrison, had a great eye for posed pictures, as well as fast reactions to capture the odd moment in-between whilst setting up shots.  Lol, at one point whilst he was changing the backlighting, A and I had a dance about to the music that was playing in the studio.  From his vantage point on a stool behind us, he sneakily caught a few shots of A spinning me and our laughable version of a waltz.  We're looking forward to seeing the results after the 'newborn' session.

And now, there is the blood work saga:  My consultant discharged me after our last appointment, saying she was happy with my condition and was ready to sign off on transfer to our preferred birth centre. There was just one more set of bloods to run.  I forgot to call for the results but the next week, our midwife said that it checked out.  My creatinine levels were elevated but within an expected range for me and if it had been a problem, I would have heard something from the unit before then.  As she suggested, I booked in for the unit's tour and had my notes ready to go through my history with them.  As I hung up the phone, I saw I had a missed call and a message.  Ante-natal clinic.  They wanted to run my blood-work again on account of the "high" (their words) creatinine levels.  Needless to say, I was a little distressed at the idea we were about to trip at the final hurdle to our ideal birth scenario.

I took the tour anyway - the opportunity wasn't completely gone - and when I spoke with the midwife regarding our situation, she called up my records from the system to check the last results herself (she happened to have previously worked in renal dialysis)  she says my results were perfectly acceptable to them.  The cut off is 95 and mine were 86.  I will be going in for the re-test tomorrow - health comes first! - but I feel more confident that it shouldn't be too big of an issue.  After we talked about the birth plan A and I had spent all of four weeks preparing, the midwife said that she is looking forward to seeing us in January.  They are on the same system as our current registered unit and, all things being well, we just have to make the call as and when I go into labour.

So there we go.  Rainbows, rainbows everywhere!  (sorry if this was a little long winded, btw)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"