Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Too early to test

I'm 7 dpo and 7 days due to missed period. My boobs have been hurting solid for a week. I was nauseous all day today and had no appetite at lunch. I'm dying to test but think it's too early. All the signs are just pointing to yes. Am I crazy?

Re: Too early to test

• Options
    cnf2013cnf2013 member
    edited December 2014
    sgolden02 said:
    I'm 7 dpo and 7 days due to missed period. My boobs have been hurting solid for a week. I was nauseous all day today and had no appetite at lunch. I'm dying to test but think it's too early. All the signs are just pointing to yes. Am I crazy?
    Too early. My boobs hurt basically from the day after my last period ended right up until my damn period came early today. Like my bra hurt them they were in so much pain. And I've never had boob pain as a PMS symptom before and was pretty hopeful. Don't kill yourself over phantom symptoms. Not trying to get your hopes down, but just be patient. 
  • Options
    We've been using opks for 4 months. I know exactly when I ovulated. :/ my cycles are weird. 43 to 49 days
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Agree with PP's. Boob pain is not due a pregnancy symptom as 7dpo is way too early for symptoms. Also, OPK's only detect LH surges which can happen multiple times in a month. Unless you are tracking your temperature you do not know when you actually ovulated. 
  • Options
    If you truly think you are pregnant then take a test. Is it too early? Yep. I would never test at 7 DPO because implantation happens at 7-10 DPO. I highly recommend temping, charting, reading the Newbie Blog, and getting an account with Fertility Friend.
    Me:  31  DH:  35
    Married:  7/3/2006
    DS:  3/3/2007  (emergency c-section) 
    MMC:  10/5/2010  D&C:  10/8/2010
    DD:  9/22/2011  (scheduled c-section)
  • Options
    rufus426rufus426 member
    edited December 2014
    If you are pregnant enough for symptoms, you would be pregnant enough to turn a test positive. But even so, it is too early for pregnancy signs at 7dpo. My boobs are sore for almost all of my TWW. I have never been pregnant.

Eta: my phone decided boobs should be blobs.
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge - Workout Fails

Married 11/14/09
    Me: 27
    DH: 33
    TTC #1 since 1/1/14
  • Options
    It's never too early to test! But it is too early to expect an accurate result ;)
  • Options
    I didn't see this mentioned above, but the TWW threads are posted everyday and are a good place to vent about your symptoms and testing plans. If you start temping, as recommended, you'll feel so much more in control and less "crazy" as you said.
    30. Michigan. Married.  TTC #1.
    Jan. Siggy Challenge; Exercise Fail
  • Options
    I didn't read all the comments, but I am sure they all say it's too early and that pregnancy symptoms are like PMS so it's hard to tell.... and the only way to know for sure is to poas. All true....

BUT I can tell you that I am also 7dpo and I am really thinking I am pregnant because I feel the same as I did when was pregnant with my first. I started feeling this way at 5dpo. My symptoms are not really AF like though. Hot flashes, weird cramping/twinges, frequent urination, super tired and dizzy spells that go in waves, and I am running about half a degree warm all day. At least that is not typical for me at all before AF.

Hope your symptoms turn out to be something!

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

amdraza said:

I didn't read all the comments, but I am sure they all say it's too early and that pregnancy symptoms are like PMS so it's hard to tell.... and the only way to know for sure is to poas. All true....

BUT I can tell you that I am also 7dpo and I am really thinking I am pregnant because I feel the same as I did when was pregnant with my first. I started feeling this way at 5dpo. My symptoms are not really AF like though. Hot flashes, weird cramping/twinges, frequent urination, super tired and dizzy spells that go in waves, and I am running about half a degree warm all day. At least that is not typical for me at all before AF.

Hope your symptoms turn out to be something!

With all due respect, and someone correct me if wrong...I just don't want you to get OPs hopes up. At 5DPO, implantation has not likely occurred, so you can't have symptoms yet. Even if implantation did occur, HCG needs to rise for symptoms to become noticeable.

Agreed.

I also have long cycles between 40-50 days, I can tell OP that you can have positive opks during the month without ovulating. How do I know? I temp. I couldn't imagine not temping, as I would have no idea where I was in my cycle.

Seriously, id wait until your supposedly due & maybe test then.
  • Options
    The only symptoms I had at 5dpo was weird cramping and a warm feeling. The other symptoms developed mostly today. I agree it seems early but there are chemical changes going on from conception on.

I know the science behind everything as well, so I know it's not typical. I also know that there are moms that just know early on.

Not trying to get the OP hopes up, since boob pain isnt a very good indicator. Just sharing my perspective as I do not agree that 7dpo is too early for symptoms.

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    sgolden02 said:
    Too early to test = too early for symptoms.  The same hormone that turns a test positive is what also causes legitimate pregnancy symptoms.  If you have enough HCG in your body for one, you'd have enough for the other.  Tests can detect extremely low HCG levels, much lower than the larger amount needed to start causing changes in your body.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options

I realize how strong you hold onto the scienece aspect on this board. It's not my first time here. Back then I was completely new at this and I learned a lot from the TTGP board. I also had this flushed, butterfly in my stomach feeling early on with my last pregnancy. At that point I wasn't confident yet in the feeling to make a big deal about it. This time, having felt that same feeling again, I was sooner to relate it to pregnancy. Today at 10dpo I got a very faint BFP on a IC. I am not sure how to scientifically describe it, but I knew at 5dpo and by 7dpo I was feeling other slight symptoms. If it weren't for the positive OPKs I'd say maybe my O date was off and that maybe I was more than 5dpo, but it seems pretty accurate.

I guess I knew I would get some snarky comments, but I didn't care. Like I said I just wanted to let the OP know that it is possible to feel symptoms before a + HPT. I didn't mean to rock the boat here.... and now I will move on to the August board. Baby dust to all!!

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Nope. It was still used when I left TTGP. Sorry if it isn't used anymore.

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    You guys are seriously horendously catty. I wouldn't even comment except that it bothers me that people think anything I said was malicous. I think there is so much negatively and snark on tis board that you think everything someone does is malicious. I promise the only thing driving any of my posts was sheer excitement. I did not post my bfp to rub it in your face but merely to show you that my intuition was correct, And I honestly didn't know baby dust was a derogatory term.

I have made freinds for life on my last BMB, so I was hoping to participate this time around, but if you are already tagging that board not sure what to expect there.

I wish that you could all see how you look. It's really sad :(

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I am truly sorry for using that term if it offends people. I will revise my statement to say.... Good luck everyone. I hope you get you BFPs soon.

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @amdraza

Consider your audience.  You came to a TRYING to get pregnant board as a relative stranger and decided to make a post correcting everyone within said thread and backed your point up with your drive by BFP announcement.

In what world is that not considered hurtful or rude?  Consider the audience in which you're addressing and then maybe you can see where we're coming from.

Thank you for explaining it that way. I remember your SN too from back in the day too and that you were nice.

Again sorry for any hurt feelings to anyone....Or you're welcome for providing entertainment (depends on how you look at it). Popcorn is on me!

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

@amdraza

Consider your audience.  You came to a TRYING to get pregnant board as a relative stranger and decided to make a post correcting everyone within said thread and backed your point up with your drive by BFP announcement.

In what world is that not considered hurtful or rude?  Consider the audience in which you're addressing and then maybe you can see where we're coming from.

I guess a part of me did want to prove that I was right so I do appoligize for that also, but I honestly didn't do it to be hurtful.... unlike many of the responses calling me crazy and making fun of my previous posts and questions. I also wasn't expecting Squeees since I just started posting here within that last couple weeks. That is why I thought is would be better to update here, rather than create a BFP post.

When I started posting here I was TRYING to get pregnant. I didn't know that it would happen this soon. I know plenty of women that it doesn't happen for as quick and that have losses. I guess I still don't get how me posting about "how I felt pregnant before I could test" is a slam to those ladies. Maybe you do not agree that I was feeling actual symptoms, but that doesn't mean I am slamming you.
    <

Thank you for explaining it that way. I remember your SN too from back in the day too and that you were nice.

Again sorry for any hurt feelings to anyone....Or you're welcome for providing entertainment (depends on how you look at it). Popcorn is on me!

You have not grasped how rude you have been, nor have you properly apologized. You are not welcome in August. Please do not attempt to joinIf that is truly how the rest of the August moms feel that I will not join. I would be sad, but I wouldn't join.

I feel like this was blown waaaay out of preportion.
    <

You have not grasped how rude you have been, nor have you properly apologized. You are not welcome in August. Please do not attempt to join.

If that is the consensus of the rest of the board than I will not join, but I would be very sad.

This was blown way out of proportion. I was never trying to be malicous in anyway. The 2 things that I am guilty of and will own and appoligize for are 1) coming back to this post to prove I was right 2) using a term for good luck that I truly didn't realize was bad. I may have gone against popular opinion on this board, but I didn't do anything to get banned for life.

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Sore boobs really don't mean all that much... My boobs usually hurt about 2 weeks solid before AF. So if I took sore boobs as a "sign" I'm KTFU, Id be thinking I would be thinking I'm KTFU every month. Read the newbie blog.
  • Options
    @amdraza

The thing is, you can't apologize and then defend yourself in the next breath. The reason people are not letting it go is because your apologies are, "I'm sorry BUT..."

Your only hope is to post one more time, apologize with NO qualifications on the apology, step back for a little bit and hope it blows over. 

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"