September 2014 Moms

Stomach bug, teething or allergies? HELP

bks807bks807 member
edited December 2014 in September 2014 Moms
8 days ago my LO started pooping at each bottle. She is FF and had had the same formula since birth. But her BMs haven't slowed down in 8 days and my doctor keeps telling me not to worry.

She is hydrated and she is a little more fussy but can still sleep and smiles often. Can she be teething? Can she develop an allergy to formula at week 10 all of a sudden. Does anyone have advice?

Re: Stomach bug, teething or allergies? HELP

• I know babies definitely go through changes with bms. We started out with lots of little poops... then went a month or so with her only pooping every few days.. and now we're back at multiple poos a day. I'm not a doctor, nor is anyone else on here, bu I would keep an eye on the type of poo (color and consistency) to make sure it's not too hard/runny wrong color. And if it worries you, just keep pressing the issue with your doc. Maybe get further explanation as to why it's okay. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • It could be teething, if it is watch out for butt rashes.  Otherwise it could just be a maturing digestive system working out the kinks. Our pedi gave us the "calm down" lecture reminding us that her digestive system has not fully matured and her body will do all sorts of "strange" things until then.  As long as baby is mostly happy and isn't in pain, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"