Adoption

Confession Time (BFP warning)

*****BFP WARNING******

Well, I have a few confessions. First, I'm married. I've been married 4 years (I was a baby). April 2013 DH and I separated and I was angry and sad and that's when A was conceived. Although I would have anticipated having another man's baby to be the final straw, everything we went through during that time opened our eyes and forced us to grow as individuals. In March we came back together and have had an incredible marriage since- our personal growth and counseling worked wonders for us as a couple. 

Second confession- Due to my PCOS being in such a sad state, we've been meaning to prevent but sometimes get lazy (my body can't tolerate BC pills) and I got a BFP last night. I'm kind of in shock and not sure what to think. I had a MC in 2012 so I'm afraid to think too much this early on. I think I also can't get too excited because of the memories I currently have of pregnancy. I know that even if this LO sticks around I'll be going to nursing school, it will just have to be in October instead of April. According to my last cycle, EDD is 8/12, but I don't think that's accurate with my irregularity.

I don't know if it's appropriate to announce here so early but I can't tell anyone IRL and I guess I just need to get it out there. And y'all feel like friends. So there it is.
Birthmom to A, 1/8- the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao-Tzu

Re: Confession Time (BFP warning)

• Congratulations! I hope things go well for you, and you don't have a MC. Wishing you a very happy & healthy pregnancy! 

• Congratulations! I'm glad you can find this as a safe place to share your news.
  • Loading the player...
  • Wishing you all the best.
  • First I want to say congratulations and I wish you health and happiness with this pregnancy. It might seem a little strange the timing (I'm getting the vibe from reading) but sometimes the best things come to us by surprise.
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • Awww!! Congratulations!! I am so happy for you!! I'm glad that you and your Husband are doing well! I know it can be scary given previous experiences, but I do wish you all the best! ((hugs))!!!
    January 2014--Picked Agency, had informational Meeting and turned in Application
    June      2014--Started our Home Study (all paperwork &fingerprinting that ensued)
    August  2014--Finished our Home Study and Officially Waiting

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Thanks, all! I know it's so silly that I didn't mention my husband before. I've just been so afraid of judgement. I got enough of it IRL and I just wanted to feel like a normal, decent person here. I guess I also was afraid I'd get less support since I have a spouse, but we don't talk about the adoption often.

• Congratulations!
    10/27/07
  • Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

"Even miracles take a little time"

• Congratulations! I'm glad you shared, and please know, there is no judging. I'm glad things are going so well for you!
    Meghan and Jonny- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - May 1, 2010
  • Congrats! Good for you!
  • Congratulations sweetie! You don't have to worry about judgement here! You have to do what best for you and your family. Keep us updated and I'll be praying for you about your worries of a mc!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Congrats! How exciting!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thank you. You're the best.

• :)   Congrats.  Hope this sticks and that you have a H&H 8 months.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Congrats!
    image   image   image
    TTC since 2010 | 3 miscarriages | Diagnosed with stage IV endo | Adopted our little girl Aug 25, 2014

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • That's awesome. Many congratulations and best wishes for everything. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"