New Jersey Babies
Options

Bergen County Delivery- Help!

audi681audi681 member
edited December 2014 in New Jersey Babies
Hi, 
   I am new to the board, but I figured that asking questions here would get me some solid answers.

I have toured Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, and although I loved the hospital and would deliver there, I was less than thrilled with the OB I chose for my first appointment. Now I am considering Holy Name hospital, and I would have to look into an OB that delivers out of there.

All of the previous threads I have found are older, so I am starting this new one to ask these specific questions:

1. How is Holy Name's NICU?
2. Does anyone have a stellar recommendation for an OB at either hospital?

Thanks, 
Audi

Re: Bergen County Delivery- Help!

• Options

Do you mind me asking which OB you saw the first time? I will be delivering at Valley Hospital as well (due date 6/12/15) and have an OB in Ridgewood whom I love.

Christine

• Options
    i love valley...the nurses are fantastic....it was such a great experience i'm going to do it again!
    i have an ob out of wyckoff and i love her....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love holy name Hospital! I am in the healthcare field and work for another hospital in the city. I loved my experience at holy name Hospital. I used a midwife. I ended up with an emergency C-section and the doctor was spectacular. I would definitely go back to holy name to deliver my next baby. My baby did not have to go to the NICU. I did do research on the NICU and they do a really great job there from what I researched.
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses! The doctor that I saw was also in Ridgewood... Dr. Zeldina. It wasn't necessarily her that turned me off. When I went in to give a urine sample, the bathroom was filthy. It looked like the sink hadn't been washed in a while, with sticky soap scum all around the rim. I know you shouldn't hold a doctor's care accountable due to facility issues, but it left me with a bad first impression.

I am also considering Hackensack, a lot of women I work with love it there, but I really liked the holistic approaches that seemed to be a part of the Valley protocol (skin to skin, quiet hours, baby sleeps in room). 
  • Options
    Really like Valley and my OB is also out of Wyckoff, she's great.
  • Options
    I've ultimately decided to deliver out of Hackensack. I found a doctor that I love, and we share a lot of common beliefs. Although Hackensack has a high CSection rate, my doctor was very clear that I am not on a time limit with him, and he is a big fan of skin to skin right after delivery! Thank you for all of the advice and responses.
  • Options
    Dr Zeldine is my OB and I love her.
  • Options
    i had my baby in august 2014 at holy name hospital with doctor De Leon. the nurses where amazing everybody made me feel comfortable and great. they had the best anesthesiologist which made the epidural feel like nothing. i was planning on having him natural. but i didn't dilate and i was developing a fever so i had to get a c-section. the anestisiologis and doctors where right there next to me helping me and making sure everything was ok, since i had a fever they put the baby on the nicu for 3 days just to be sure he wasnt harm in any way by the fever. the nurses in nicu so nice. also if  you are planning on breastfeeding they have johana she is known to be the best breastfeeding consultant in the area. she will help you with breatfeeding and make it be like a piece of cake. overall my experience at the hospital was great. too many good memories. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"