September 2014 Moms

Weaning and Hormone Surges

So we nursed for the last time on Wednesday, and I've sort of been a hot mess since then. I had the PPD pretty under control, I thought I had tamed the beast, and now I am almost as bad as I was a week after we got home from the hospital. I'm just falling apart. Anyone else have some temperament flares after weaning? Is this part of the normal weaning process or should I contact a doctor and get this checked out? I'm also a little worried that my bipolar disorder could be making what should be a little bump in the road a big ugly pot hole... Thoughts, similar experiences, advice is all welcome. Last night I had a complete meltdown because LO went to sleep in her crib and I was angry because I wanted to cuddle her all night, I yelled and cried at DH when he put her down because I told him he was taking her away from me.  I feel awful now that I'm out of the over emotional haze.... This doesn't feel right.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weaning and Hormone Surges

• It sounds like your senses say something is off. Trust yourself. Call the ob and check in. Hugs & good luck!

imageimage

• Thinking of you! I have heard that weaning can cause serious ppd that often goes unrecognized for too long since it can be many months after the birth. I'm already worried about it and I'm not even trying to wean yet. So follow your gut and talk to a doc to get some peace of mind. We have so many emotions already to deal with and I'm so sorry you are going through even more. I wish we COULD get a full nights' sleep while snuggling our babies every night! The blog Cup of Jo opened up about her ppd caused by weaning - worth a read if you are feeling alone in the battle!
  • Loading the player...
  • I know I experienced some mood swings and depression when I weaned from EPing with DS1 when he was about 5 months old.  Here is a good article with references from kellymom.com so to a certain extent it is normal but it's always worth a call to the OB if you feel like something is off. 
    Big Brother Nolan 07.30.12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have no experience but just want to agree with PP when they said to give your doc a call.
    BFP #1 7/23/12: EDD 4/1/13.  MMC discovered on 9/4/12 @ 10w1d
    BFP# 2 3/9/13:  EDD 11/12/13 m/c 3/15/13 @ 5w3d
    RPL testing shows one copy of MTHFR gene mutation. 
     BFP#3 12/24/13: EDD 9/5/14 Beta #1 13 DPO 168! Beta #2 16 DPO 895!
     First US 1/9/14 @ 5w6d Strong HB!
    2nd US 1/23/14 @ 7w6d baby is still doing great! 3rd US 1/31/14  9w0d: Beautiful wiggly baby! Keep growing baby!
    3/17/14 US @ 15w3d:Its a BOY!

My rainbow baby Isaac has arrived! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hope your hormones even out and you get the help you need. :( I'm sorry you're going through this, I can only imagine how rough it is. Giant hugs to you momma!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Also I wanted to add that I LOOOOOVVVVEEEE the pic of your LO In your siggy. Beautiful :)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Proud of you <3 hope everything turns around quickly.

imageimage

• Good luck, lady.  I'm sure this is hard but I hope the medicine works for you!
  • I hope the meds help you and you get to feeling back to yourself very soon!  Big hugs!

• Glad you got help. I hope you feel like your old self soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"