Infertility

Varicocelectomy...When did you see results?

Hi! My husband had a bilateral microsurgical varicocelectomy mid-July. I know it still may be some time until we see results. If your hubby saw improvements, how long did it take? Or when did you decided to try other options like IUI or IVF? His numbers have always fluctuated greatly, so I am not sure what to think sometimes.

Be Realistic: Plan for a Miracle.

Re: Varicocelectomy...When did you see results?

• *signature warning*

It took about 6 months before we saw an improvement.  His morphology went from 1% to 5%.  Still not great but it was an improvement.  The urologist said it can take up to 24 months!  We decided to forge ahead with IVF anyways.  After actively trying for more 2 years we just couldn't take much more and there was no guarantee that his number would continue to improve.  Also, my eggs weren't getting any younger!
    *Ticker Warning*

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Our Story:
    Me: 36, DH 38
    2005: Blighted Ovum
    2010:  Surprise pregnancy (son born 2011)
    9/2012:  Chemical pregnancy
    6/2013-8/2013: 3 rounds of clomid = nothing
    9/2013:  Husband dx = poor morphology, low motility.  My dx = normal, tubes clear
    10/2014:  After 2 years of actively trying moved on to IVF.  ER=16 (12 fertilized). 
    11/2014:  Transferred 1 4AA blastocyst (3 blasts made it to the freezer) = BFP

• Thanks ladies! I hear you, shauna78! If I was any bit older, I would have bypassed the surgery. I hate the waiting game. But, "it is what it is" ... so we shall see.

I have thought a lot about IVF ... the big hurdle in my mind is knowing how many embryos to transfer, but I guess that depends on what we retrieve and what not ... everything else is a little overwhelming, but I feel like I could get thru it knowing the potential reward.

Did you ladies have luck with IVF?

Thanks for the feedback :)
  • Loading the player...
  • That's Great!
    What does FET stand for? I am guessing Frozen Embryo Transfer? I am hoping it's standard to freeze any that can be. Did that cost extra? I wish it all wasn't so expensive. I had an interview for a new job yesterday and I am hoping they have some kind of infertility coverage :) Right now all we have is diagnostic. So, no coverage for IUI's or IVF.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"