October 2012 Moms

weekend shenanigans

I am so very over molars. Thank the lord A is on her last one! She is so uncomfortable and has a constant temp of 100-101, with rotating tylenol/ibuprofen every 3 hours.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies

Re: weekend shenanigans

• Trying to leave my ILs was...loud. A didnt want to put on clothes, she hurts, she wanted to snuggle Grandpa more, etc. So she was screaming at the top of her lungs. I had Grandpa in the background "are you serious? You're throwing a fit? You're a big girl, big girls don't throw fits!" Granted, he was trying to distract her by talking to her but jeez. She is obviously in pain and incredibly overexhausted. Of course she only wants to lay on her mom, so shut it.

Disclaimer: I adore my ILs, and I know they would do absolutely anything for us. He could uave been cooing at her and telling her it'll all be ok and it woukd have irritated me at that particular second. LOL

Oct Angel Babies
  • DH drove to Charleston to go deal with our house. He's trying to do most of the repairs himself and see what else needs to be done that won't cost us $1800 to do like the rental agency quoted us. It's only about 2 hrs 45 minutes away so he'll come back tomorrow.

The boys and I went to a birthday party today. It was at a bounce place so they jumped all morning. We came home and E and I napped while DS1 watched the Super Mario Brothers show on Netflix. Then we played out in our backyard and I'm getting dinner together. We have another birthday party tomorrow and I'm hoping the boys sleep really well tonight. H and I were up until 1am last night and woke up around 8:15 when E woke up. I'm going to bed early!
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Loading the player...
  • Going on a date with the hubs tonight!

My head just started hurting. Popped an aleve. Not tooooniiiiight pleeeeease brain!!

• We did our santa pictures today. There is a company here that does interactive santa pictures you can use their santa or if the kids are scared mom or dad dress up as Santa fr the pictures. Wesley was scared of santa which i thought would happen so my mom dressed up since wesley wouldn't let me put him down but he was still a little scared but not much do im just waiting for the pictures to drop into my email im excited to see them. Ill post some when i get them.

• So I talked to H and he got to the house and surveyed the damage. The walls look like shit, there are ghetto black wall socket covers on beige walls, toilet seats are disconnected from the toilets, someone put a hole through the dry wall and "fixed it" with duct tape, and the washer and dryer are fucking gone (as in, a tenant took them, and we have no idea when or which tenant since the property management failed to account for this.)

H definitely has his work cut out for him. No freaking wonder we can't get a quality tenant in the place when it looks like ass. He said himself that no respectable person would want to live there.

FFS.

• @mbm1983‌ We are, we just have to wait until the new company can make it over there. They were booked up this weekend. H is cleaning it all up and then the 22nd we're driving back to Charleston to turn over to the new property management before we head north. Hopefully things will move fast then and we can get a good tenant.

I'm so sick of this garbage.

• @Rachelilly23‌ holy damn. That sucks.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Holy crap. The downstairs neighbors are having a party and they are really obnoxious. Same neighbors that smell up the entire building with pot smoke. I sort of hate them.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Rachelilly23Rachelilly23 member
    edited December 2014

@Rachelilly23 is the mgmt company liable for all of the damage that they can't assign to a tenant (and collect at least the security deposit from)?

I don't really know how the security deposits are working for this house, or if they even collected any. But if the washer/dryer was taken 3 tenants ago, for example, there's no way they would be able to take security from that tenant because they would have already sent it back or used the money for other repairs.

The $1800 bill they sent 2 weeks ago came with a memo that said something like "We'll be charging much of this to the tenant." So um... I guess they never got a security deposit from them???? And the tenants freaking abandoned the house after they were served eviction. Uh yeah, they're not getting any money from them.... The best they can do is trash their credit for not paying rent and for damages.

It's a shit show. I don't know why H ever bought this place but we're stuck with it. It's the biggest thing we fight about and he won't consider selling no matter how many times I bring it up. But whatever, it's his loss in the end and it's his money we're losing throwing into a dump.

• I know A doesn't feel good. But if the whining doesn't stop I am going to put my head through a wall.

Oct Angel Babies

• Yeah, I know there would be no way to go back to an old tenant, so because they didn't get the money at the time wouldn't they be responsible? I guess it all depends on your contract with them.

He doesn't want to sell it because he's going to lose money on it? I know it's hard to just admit defeat and get it off the books, but it seems like you have a history of crappy tenants. Can you show him how much you've wasted on repairs, etc? Isn't his money your money now, too? You don't have to answer these questions.... just things to think about.

We finally got rid of our other house earlier this year and it lifted a huge weight off of us. In hindsight, I would've done it even if it meant losing some money.

This, 100%. Just because the paycheck has his name on it, that doesn't mean it's his money and not yours. What you do at home, for your family, allows him to do his job, for your family. Especially in your case, where you have to contend with deployments and training, and functional single-parenthood when he is gone.

Yes, I think the property management is responsible for the washer and dryer. DH will call them tomorrow about it and they better replace it or we'll be doing everything in our power to make things miserable for them. DH always likes to threaten with reporting them to the BBB. Not sure what will work this time but that's not our fault they lost it and didn't ever do proper walkthroughs.
    Your questions make perfect sense @NeedUtonite‌. He doesn't consider it as losing money because it's paying off principle. I admit I know nothing about real estate and have no leg to stand on when we have these discussions. He apparently knows everything and thinks I'm stupid every time it comes up. He says if he had sold 4 years ago when I was pushing him to sell, when it had lost half it's value, he would have lost a ton of money so he has stopped listening to me about it. He claims eventually it will earn more value and we'll make money off it, but jeezus, at what expense???? My sanity and our healthy relationship, that's what... And I don't ever see us making money on that property. Maybe after we're dead. Maybe.

@enigmaticdrscully‌ I hear you. I do. But I tell him that if he continues to ignore my requests when it comes to the house stuff, then it's really going to hit him the hardest since he works so hard to provide. He's supposed to be making that money to support our family, not a wasted "investment." He won't listen to me at all. He just blames the property management for the bad luck and thinks things will be better once we ditch them. I'm skeptical even still.

• Im sorry everyone feels so gross this weekend. Here's hoping we all get the ickies out of the way before Christmas!

Oct Angel Babies
  • Dear lord in heaven the whining.

Oct Angel Babies
  • So my mom took b home with her after my nieces bday party yesterday. She tells me today that B didn't take a nap yesterday and that her and my 4yo niece stayed up until 11 last night so she slept until almost 10 today.

What the fuckkkkk.

• Add me to the.coming down with something club! I didn't feel well when i woke up but now i have the headache and body aches! Yuck. Hope wesley doesnt get.it.

Also im mad that i still haven't been able.to view my pictures from yesterday. They saidi could view them by 6pm yesterday. Its 3pm now and i still can't view them! I guess they will get a phone call tomorrow

• mbm1983 said:

Owning a rental property is really hard. Honestly I think the biggest problem is your property management team. They should be able to find solid tenants for your house. That's part of what you pay them to do. A lot of your problems would disappear with better management and better tenants.

Word. I'm praying hard it's like magic once we turnover to someone competent! It will be a million times less stressful.

• So you know in the sims games when your sim has all the bars for energy/happiness/fun/whatever? All my bars are empty. I am just done with everything. Disney has been babysitting my kid today because i just can't do it today. So. Freaking. Done.

Husband has homework otherwise i woukd just go somewhere. He does help when he can.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Thanks @brookethecat. Days like this do suck. I usually get at least one day off on the weekend, but its been slammed. It was great friday night to be just me and Husband but a sick toddler emptied the bars again quick.

Oct Angel Babies
  • DH is still gone. I thought he would be home by dinner but he still had stuff to do and hadn't left to come home when I talked to him at 5. I put the boys to bed and DS1 was definitely disappointed that he didn't get to see him today.

Man, how did we do this for 8 months??? LOL. I'm antsy for him to come back already.

• @needutonite oh that would grind on me even on a good day! :(

As soon as Husband finished his homework, I all but shoved him and Girl Child out the door. So now it's just me alone on my couch. Its freaking amazing.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Wooo, busy weekend here. Yesterday we went to a Christmas party w my parents. After yapping about Santa alllll morning, and excitedly saying hi to him, when it was time to sit on his lap, C was like "oh hells, no" so we just have a pic of A with Santa. Then I went for a girls night with my SIL. We had amazing tapas for dinner and then saw a concert - symphony playing Zeppelin hits. It was actually pretty great.

Today my mom and aunt came over and we made a shit ton of cookies. 10 kinds. Then me and H used a gift cert for a steakhouse that expires tomorrow to have a date night. He ate a 2 pound prime rib. Seriously. 32 oz. just a giant chunk of cow. And he's not even full. His metabolism is amazing.
  • I hope everyone and little ones feeling crappy and ill feel better soon.
  • Shoot @WanderingStars23 hope she gets to feeling better soon.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • @wanderingstars23 hope that she gets feeling better soon.  Hope you are not at the ER to long with her today!

• These babies and husbands need to stop. Too many ER visits this weekend! :(

@wanderingstars23 hope she feels better soon!

Oct Angel Babies
  • I am not cut out to be a stay at home mom. I love it and I hate it. I think I would rather work

This exactly. I just can't find a job where we live in bumblefuck GA. Never had a problem anywhere else that we lived but I've been out of work for almost 3 years and I just don't see it happening for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"